Pierce Brosnan endorses Tom Hardy as the next James Bond saying star will 'put a bit of wiggle into it'

snoop1130

Pierce Brosnan endorses Tom Hardy as the next James Bond saying star will 'put a bit of wiggle into it'

By Wil Crisp

TELEMMGLPICT000165695610_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqvxY1SBh3Zy94n8Z2-u3DXpo3vSb9RvelYMC6seL5330.jpeg

Tom Hardy could put “a bit of wiggle” into the role of James Bond, according to Pierce Brosnan CREDIT: MAX MUMBY/INDIGO/GETTY IMAGES EUROPE

Pierce Brosnan has endorsed Tom Hardy as the next James Bond, saying that he could put “a bit of wiggle” into the role.

The actor, who starred in four Bond films, praised Daniel Craig’s performances as the fictional secret agent and said that Hardy could make a good replacement.

“Daniel Craig has been an incredible Bond,” he told the The Mail on Sunday’s Event magazine.

“He’s very physical, he looks lethal. You genuinely believe this is someone who could kill a man.”

Full Story: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/06/24/pierce-brosnan-endorses-tom-hardy-next-james-bond/

Each time I watch a Bond movie, I always assume that the current actor is irreplacable....then comes a newbie and usually he usually perfectly fits in !!

But I would rather consider the Tourist Police General Mr Big Joke as a fine candidate for the role !!

I love Tom Hardy. I think he could play just about anyone. He is a tremendous actor. Certainly he would be a great Bond. Time to move on. Craig is good. But, he does not bring the slyness that Connery, Moore and Brosnan brought to the character. He seems to take himself too seriously in the role. It could be more fun. Hardy could pull that off. 

• Like 1

Read the books back in the late fifties, mainly over my mother's shoulder. When I went to see Dr No and Sean said, "Bond, James Bond." I knew immediately this was the guy for the role. Most of the rest of them until Craig were pretenders, and some like Moore could barely act beyond a grimace or a smile. Best films still From Russia with Love, and Goldfinger.....all the rest seem to be just over the top crazy stuff, nearly as much crap as Cruise in the Mission Impossible nonsense. I like some semblance of potential reality in a film...Cruise hanging onto the side of a train by his fingertips at a 100mph is absurd. Craig's Bond seems to be based in some reality, though the scene where he is getting his testicles beaten and he's half smiling was more humorous than scary. But we all have our opinions.

• Like 2