when you die - the bank wins

SCOTT FITZGERSLD

3 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Not from a US embassy, that's why it's a Lie Letter, nobody verifies the funds. You lie and sign.

It's an affidavit.  You are swearing to the truth of what you are claiming, the same as you do when signing the application for a visa or extension of stay or if you are testifying in court.

3 minutes ago, kokopelli said:

You are not correct, JAZZDOG about the lying. Every American expat I know tells the truth, sort of.

They may not specify the exact amount of money they earn but they simply put the minimum required even though their income is much greater.

Get real, you know of a few people and you cant verify if they are lying or not, have the income or not, you are assuming, As for the other thousands your clueless either way. I can say with a high degree of certainty many falsely sign affidavits of income to gain immigration. It's a hole which needs to be plugged by having to show certified proof of income. It would go a long way to end some of the problems here with destitute expats.

14 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

It's an affidavit.  You are swearing to the truth of what you are claiming, the same as you do when signing the application for a visa or extension of stay or if you are testifying in court.

So what is your point? People lie large and small, Thais don't have a copyright on lying. You telling me it's beyond comprehension someone might falsely state their income to obtain an extension. Especially someone trying to live as cheaply as they can in maybe the most affordably country in the world because they have little funds, no place to go back to and without funds to purchase a ticket even if they wanted to. No, never seen anyone in Pattaya that might fit that category? 

Edited by JAZZDOG
typo

5 hours ago, wombat said:

i could be wrong, if an account has been dormant for 4 years then it is closed.

when i came back after 3.5 years in cambodia,

kasikorn had closed my account, 1-2call had closed my nr

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

> Not here, must be seasoned 60 days, 90 days for renewal

JAZZDOG - I don't understand your response.

In order to get a 1 year valid OA retirement visa for Thailand, one of the requirements is that I - as Belgian citizen - need to demonstrate to the Thai embassy in Belgium that I have 800.000 THB on a Thai OR Belgian bank-account.

So there is no hassle of having this sum on a thai bank-account.

But it's of course possible that the Thai retirement visa requirements for other citizenships are different.

yes, for OA, but for retirement extension its 800k here in thailand.

USA & australia have 'scouts honor' requirement on income,

i.e lie and get an income letter from embassy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kokopelli said:

You are not correct, JAZZDOG about the lying. Every American expat I know tells the truth, sort of.

They may not specify the exact amount of money they earn but they simply put the minimum required even though their income is much greater.

not at all, only 1 of my US friends qualified for retirement visa

17 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Don't do it, leave your money somewhere it works for you, direct deposit the income and give immigration a lie letter from you embassy. How do you think all the gringo derelicts without a pot to piss in stay here on retirement extensions. Look at them, it's not based on their 401K

hmmmm....so that's how you got your RE visa... by lying about your income ?????.....!!!!!!#####

33 minutes ago, poanoi said:
  2 hours ago, kokopelli said:

Sort of telling the truth is like sort of like pregnant. Either you are telling the truth or you are lying

6 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

hmmmm....so that's how you got your RE visa... by lying about your income ?????.....!!!!!!#####

No clown, I have more than enough income, own a business here and far more funds in my accounts here to cover the requirement. You know nothing about me.

BUT!!!!!

One thing I didn't do is check into a hospital and lie about my name so as to avoid payment. Then you had the audacity to post on TV about how the hospital outsmarted you and got a copy of your passport. You're very lucky your not in the Hilton. At the least you should have been deported.

17 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Only works when you have an income.

No has to be here in Thailand.

Extentions only with a bank letter and a bank statement on the day you go for your extention.

Even if you have a will , the folks you leave it to will have to come to a country they've never been to and don't understand the language.

Your final statement is incorrect.  A lawyer can handle everything without the heir(s) coming to Thailand.  

22 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Problem with that is everybody I know would empty my account within an hour of me giving them access. I'm leaving everything to my dogs via a living will.

Change your social environment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Your final statement is incorrect.  A lawyer can handle everything without the heir(s) coming to Thailand.  

1 hour ago, newnative said:

The executor can be a Thai lawyer.

And that's the problem , choosing between 2 evil money grabbers , bankers or lawyers.

And how are the heirs (back home ) going to choose or contact a Thai lawyer ?

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2018 at 12:20 PM, JAZZDOG said:

No clown, I have more than enough income, own a business here and far more funds in my accounts here to cover the requirement. You know nothing about me.

BUT!!!!!

One thing I didn't do is check into a hospital and lie about my name so as to avoid payment. Then you had the audacity to post on TV about how the hospital outsmarted you and got a copy of your passport. You're very lucky your not in the Hilton. At the least you should have been deported.

wow you are really scratched dude, following people on forums and sticks to a story for weeks.

go to a shrink before your brain shrinks to mash.

1 minute ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

wow you are really scratched dude, following people on forums and sticks to a story for weeks.

go to a shrink before your brain shrinks to mash.

Hey Dude, It stuck in my head because it was such a twisted story of a guy with no shame bragging about lying to gain admittance to a hospital and thinking it is perfectly normal. Then you have the audacity to falsely state that I would falsify an affidavit when you know nothing about me. I know you are a liar because you willfully admitted as much. Why don't you repost your forum here and let the folks decide if you are above board, it was actually funny as hell laughing at your antics of how the hospital got hold of your passport and foiled your charade.

11 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Hey Dude, It stuck in my head because it was such a twisted story of a guy with no shame bragging about lying to gain admittance to a hospital and thinking it is perfectly normal. Then you have the audacity to falsely state that I would falsify an affidavit when you know nothing about me. I know you are a liar because you willfully admitted as much. Why don't you repost your forum here and let the folks decide if you are above board, it was actually funny as hell laughing at your antics of how the hospital got hold of your passport and foiled your charade.

seems like you have a problem with me.

but the problem can be solved very easily.

just stop looking and stop reacting to my posts.

look how many posters are on this forum.

and besides this forum, the universe is full of other forums.

so chill out, we are only playing here  in a freidnly atmosphere,

so  every time you see my face,

just keep going and go to another PO.

that's what i am gonna to do from now on when i see JAZZDOG

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2018 at 10:10 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

hmmm...you've got a point there...it;s just that i saw in one big EU bank that they said : " in case the account holder die, the first thing WE will do is looking for his heirs..."

i guess that was just a sales pitch, cause indeed, how will they know that he died ???

and it he's dead how will he know the bank didn't stand by their word ? And even if he knows, what can he do about it?

On 6/25/2018 at 10:10 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

hmmm...you've got a point there...it;s just that i saw in one big EU bank that they said : " in case the account holder die, the first thing WE will do is looking for his heirs..."

i guess that was just a sales pitch, cause indeed, how will they know that he died ???

I think it's best if you don't die.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, BuaBS said:

And that's the problem , choosing between 2 evil money grabbers , bankers or lawyers.

My original response was to correct your statement that heirs in a Thai Will must come to Thailand.   They do not have to; a Thai lawyer can handle the paperwork.  Obviously, if one is single and of the opinion that all lawyers are 'evil money grabbers', other arrangements will likely need to be made.   As far as one's foreign heirs not knowing any Thai lawyers, one can name a lawyer in one's Will.  

22 hours ago, BuaBS said:

A farang friend died in LOS and I was a joint Executor of his Thai Will (written in English). The heir was his daughter in the UK. Although I suggested a Thai lawyer to obtain probate, the daughter preferred to engage her own Thai lawyer which she found through her UK lawyer. I signed over my responsibility as Executor to the Thai lawyer. The matter was completely resolved after a few months to everyone's satisfaction, even though my friend held substantial funds in several Thai banks and investment companies. The daughter did not come to Thailand.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, taiping said:

A farang friend died in LOS and I was a joint Executor of his Thai Will (written in English). The heir was his daughter in the UK. Although I suggested a Thai lawyer to obtain probate, the daughter preferred to engage her own Thai lawyer which she found through her UK lawyer. I signed over my responsibility as Executor to the Thai lawyer. The matter was completely resolved after a few months to everyone's satisfaction, even though my friend held substantial funds in several Thai banks and investment companies. The daughter did not come to Thailand.

Great !  How much money did she loose on the lawyers ?

17 hours ago, taiping said:

11 hours ago, BuaBS said:

it depands on the amount he left behind. 

if it was, say,, 10 million baht, and the lawyer cost 200,000 baht - it's still worth it and better

than traveling to thailand (if she does'nt want to).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuaBS said:

I did not ask since the daughter chose the lawyer and it was nothing to do with me. 

Not cheap for sure. My own Thai lawyer mentioned a cost of 100,000 baht for sorting out my Will.

Interesting as i will have no issue with will and visa money in the bank.....

I leave my money on a saving account with atm withdrawal possibility and funds transaction on line banking at the same bank...my wife knows what to do when i die, no hassle no bassle.

15 hours ago, hgma said:

Interesting as i will have no issue with will and visa money in the bank.....

I leave my money on a saving account with atm withdrawal possibility and funds transaction on line banking at the same bank...my wife knows what to do when i die, no hassle no bassle.

no hassle, until you have a fight with your wife and she empty your bank accounts and gone to be a monk...have seen it more than once.

This is most interesting and something I've been wondering about. Thanks!