DPM Prawit says certain content in Time magazine factually error

webfact

I just read the article online and find it much too weak.  An American with little knowledge of Thailand may well come away with a naive impression that he's a sincere man doing the best he can in a tough environment.  More context should have been given and statements by him not left unchallenged as in this piece.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

He asked readers to use their judgment to decide for themselves whether to believe the content in the article or not.

Would be fantastic if this was available here in the print edition and sold in popular Thai vendor's news stands.

And even better in a Thai language edition...

So many laughs on this one....Prawit's lips are moving so you know he is making up any facts as he goes. He suggest that readers judge for themselves when the read a publication that has been banned. Although an online version may be available most won't even know that the article exist since the cover of the magazine does more to build interest than there are people who get their access to the articles on line.

Well,..In my humble opinion DPM Prawit is right . (And I'm not talking about his millions worth of watches he has borrowed ?!) I guess You all enjoy telling everything you want about the government in all freedom !!! Under late Field Marshal Sarit Thanarat you would all be imprisoned or worse ?!! how's that for a change ? I know that most of you spill there venom from the safety of a far away country, but hose in Thailand would be in Jail. I know very well that I play the devil's advocate and defend a dictatorship here. But I have been travelling in real dictatorships were it was very dangerous to express a opinion contrary to the official government's believes.

Just a few months ago I was driving from Chiang Mai to Malaysia without a hindrance. I could talk to anybody I wanted, speak about anything I wanted.

In real dictatorships I had to check in at a Police office or the military every time I had to go somewhere. I was followed constantly, when I wanted to continue my journey I had to Check out again and tell where I would go. You had to be very careful who you talked to. You guys have it too easy and still complain.!!!

Edited by off road pat
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, off road pat said:

In real dictatorships I had to check in at a Police office or the military every time I had to go somewhere. I was followed constantly, when I wanted to continue my journey I had to Check out again and tell where I would go. You guys have it too easy and still complain.!!!

If you not a political activist, red shirt sympathizer, PTP or FFP member and not related to the Shin, you will be ok. No one will harass you. You will be safe. 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

If you not a political activist, red shirt sympathizer, PTP or FFP member and not related to the Shin, you will be ok. No one will harass you. You will be safe. 

In some dictatorships just carrying a Professional Camera can send you to jail....

14 hours ago, Cadbury said:

It should be accepted that what ever comes out of the mouth of the Organ Grinder's monkey is always a lie.

No exceptions!

Prawit.jpg

I think you rank him too highly........

17 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Hmm,...As far as I know the son and daughter of Thaksin live freely in Thailand and are not in Jail. In Chiang Mai I see lots of people wearing red shirts or hats in defiance and the police or military don't arrest them !!! they walk freely and talk to each other (I speak Thai) I hear them talk about Thaksin, Yingluck, and politics !!

Just to put it all into perspective !

My post from yesterday... Just had a request from some Thais to pick up a copy of Time Magazine. Apparently it was issued in Thailand but the government has sent someone around to collect all the copies. image.png.d559800e73f1041fba37d2431beaea4c.png