Football Security 'can't Be Guaranteed'

Mid

Football security 'can't be guaranteed'

(BangkokPost.com, from reports)

Thailand cannot guarantee the safety of football fans who travel to Bangkok to attend Sunday's final match of the Asean Football Championship Final, Tourism and Sports Minister Suvit Yodmani told Singaporeans yesterday.

Thailand cannot guarantee the safety of football fans who travel to Bangkok to attend Sunday's final match of the Asean Football Championship Final, Tourism and Sports Minister Suvit Yodmani told Singaporeans yesterday.

What's the story, Mid?

Do you think it will be dangerous for Farang, or just for Singaporeans? I'm planning on going down to the National Stadium tomorrow to buy tickets (300 baht for the good seats, is pretty cheap). I'd hate to think i was signing myself up for some trouble.

But at the end of the day you're probably 10 times more likely to get a bottle over your head at the average division 2 game in the UK, than at a "Dangerous" Thai match.

they are trying their best to scare the sporean players into a bad performance. not really necessary in my opinion.

or it could be that they are just admitting that their security is <deleted> in advance to avoid any complaints later. :o

the thais should be able to win the match on the football field (that is if they can stay on it for 90 minutes this time)

but........

come on Singapore!!!!!!!!

Edited by goldenmile

Growing up without soccer where I come from, all I ever saw on TV was soccer violence. Hence my total dislike for soccer today. Shame really because perhaps soccer is a good sport, I will never know.

(another nail in the soccer coffin)

Growing up without soccer where I come from, all I ever saw on TV was soccer violence. Hence my total dislike for soccer today. Shame really because perhaps soccer is a good sport, I will never know.

Hey, it even started a war between two countries and yet is still the most popular sport in the world today...I think the mercantilist approach of recent times is much more of a worry than the violence.

I live right next to Rajamangala Stadium...should I be worried on Sunday? :o

didnt think tickets would be that cheap....could almost tempt me to go...but then again...i dont support any of the teams...sooo hmmmmm

and yes call me unpatriotic when it comes to football :o

plus...thailand used dirty trick when Arsenal was here to play against thai national team in 1998 :D I aint saying no more :D

Edited by MiG16

Hey, it even started a war between two countries and yet is still the most popular sport in the world today...I think the mercantilist approach of recent times is much more of a worry than the violence.

I thought it is being played at Supachalsai Stadium ("National Stadium" next to MBK) not Rajamangala?

Soccer ,otherwise known as KISSBALL, is NOT the most popular sport.....more people go angling than those morons who watch kissball

Another correction...... soccer is no longer a sport......it is a business!

Another of the moronic remarks we have come to expect from the local politicians. :o

Naka.

What is soccer? Only ignorant yankees and kangaroos call the noble sport of football this way!

Kind of insultive!

Soccer is that game that the guys run around kicking a soccer ball to each other :D

Actually when I was in School in Aust. a bloke who became a good mate of mine had just migrated from England when the PE teacher sent him away to the sports storew room to get a bag full of footballs, he came back with a bag full of soccer balls, he never lived that down. :o

It will be interesting when the Aussies have to start playing in the Asian tournaments.

The first few games the Aussies play are in BKK. Most of the Aussie team play in Europe, their main problem will be the weather. Love to see the locals walk off, the Aussies will remind the ref about Daryl Hair's response to the Pakistani (?) to that move in a recent cricket game.

What war?

Football riots could happen anywhere. Tensions between Thais and Singaporians? Football hooligan violence could happen on Sunday, but it's more likely to happen between Liverpool and Everton on Saturday.