I'm An American And I Want It Now!

Hey - what is the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to obtain an extension with your visa - not for a year, only 3 months? I've been here since oct. 19 with my 60 day tourist visa and i'm about to make my third and last run but i'd like to stay in thailand for another 3 months after. someone told me to go to vientienne, laos and they will give me a 60 day tourist visa even though i'm already cashed out on days here in thailand? please, give me your thoughts..............................

peace.

Hey - what is the fastest, cheapest and easiest way to obtain an extension with your visa - not for a year, only 3 months? I've been here since oct. 19 with my 60 day tourist visa and i'm about to make my third and last run but i'd like to stay in thailand for another 3 months after. someone told me to go to vientienne, laos and they will give me a 60 day tourist visa even though i'm already cashed out on days here in thailand? please, give me your thoughts..............................

peace.

When you say "third and last run" does that mean you had a 3 entry tourist visa which will be used up after this run to the border? If that is the case, then you should have no problem getting another single entry tourist visa in vientienne.

The 90 in 180 day limit only applies to visa exempt entries.

TH

peace.

When you say "third and last run" does that mean you had a 3 entry tourist visa which will be used up after this run to the border? If that is the case, then you should have no problem getting another single entry tourist visa in vientienne.

The 90 in 180 day limit only applies to visa exempt entries.

TH

It sounds pretty clear that he has only had visa exempt entries ( otherwise why would an October 19 arrival be on his third 'run'. An extension will be out of the question. It will be a new TR application, and the applicable fees are not negotiable.

Edited by dr_Pat_Pong

My third visa run is on February 12 and then I only have 30 more days in Thailand. I arrived with a 60 day tourist visa and I'm making my last run shortly. I will wind up going to Laos for now because I heard that you can still procure another 60 day visa even after your days are "up" in Thailand.....................

Bumped

Someone else will have to advise whether you're guarenteed to receive a Visa. In theory there should be no problem however it would be better to hear from someone who has been in a siimilar situation and used the Singapore embassy.

Bumped

Someone else will have to advise whether you're guarenteed to receive a Visa. In theory there should be no problem however it would be better to hear from someone who has been in a siimilar situation and used the Singapore embassy.

Ventiane Laos

Savanakhet Laos

Penang Malaysia

Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Kota Bharu Malaysia

Singapore (they might tell you not to come back again)

Hanoi or HCMC Vietnam ( they will ask to see your plane tickets leaving thailand after 60 days)

All of these are fine for getting a single entry 60 day Tourist Visa

Which is easy depends on where you are now in Thailand and your budget and travel preferences.

there should be no problem at all for you.If they will ask you why you stay long in thailand,you just say to extend your hoilday,what it is,so easy i think.Like the other members allready told you,suspends where you stay to go where to get your new visa.If you want to see something at the place,vientienne is very boring,so I would recommend Penang,and fly with thai airasia.Should not be more expensive then travelling to Laos,cause I found it pretty expensive for what you get back for it over there.If you stay in the south,Kota Bahru(also in Malay)is great,and never heard about difficulties over there(to get a touristvisa),and also a great island nearby(lost the name) to explore and relax some.Been there done that,and is great.