How to survive out of Thailand Alive in legal way?

32 minutes ago, CLW said:

Story sounds fishy in the way that the owner of the stolen bike works together with the police to extract as much money from you. BTW he's an assh*le.
Is there no paragraph in Thai law such as self defense that justifies your behaviour?
You should try to settle the case with the bike owner outside court but I guess it is too late now.

Good luck!

BTW, once you have your passport back I would try to flee the country asap.

Thanks for comment!
Yes I try to make deal immediately in the morning in Police station with owner of the bicycle by saying that I'm guilty and sorry, and I can pay that we both safe time. I was ready to pay 5000 bahts, because owner can buy with that money new bicycle. I was thinking this was fair, because owner get bicycle immediately back.

Lawyer said that making new deal with owner is too late, because I did't go to court. So, now it's different case.

Actually, If I understood right, after the court is no matter if it's money fee or jail, after penalty there is 2nd case: over 90 days Visa overstay, you don't get your Passport back in that time and Immigration police will immediately start kicking me out of the country.

I don't know are they going to bring me to Chiang Mai Immigration Jail or Immigration Jail in Bangkok - anybody knows? - but it's really big chock if the information is right that you cannot even use there your own medicines.

The purpose to be there is paper work, pay your penalty fees and getting return ticket to home, BUT... how the hell you can arrange any return ticket, because you cannot use any phone or internet there for 100% sure (every info is saying same). How you can then even invite anybody to help you?

So, do anybody know how to arrange return ticket and how to pay that?

After that police officers will take you in the airport in handcuffs and I red that even then they don't give your Passport. Just before lift of they give Passport to airplane company crew member or this is what I read.

I don't care about handcuffs in public, just try to fight way to home Alive...

Edited by VonDutch
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, VonDutch said:

Thanks for the link. All true. Doctors in my home country are saying that if you use sometimes alcohol with Lithium, maximum is 2 small beers, not more! Better stay sober off course.

it sounds like you aren't going to survive in the jail.  can a family member or friend fly to thailand with plenty of money to help you through the process ?  hopefully they could pay a large fine so you would avoid jail time.  if you are then sent to immigration detention center ('IDC') due to the overstay, they could help to facilitate a flight home.  this family member or friend could time their arrival to be shortly before your court date and then hopefully things would be sorted out over the next week or so.  whether you end up paying 200,000thb or 400,000thb or 600,000thb is not really important.  you need to pay a sufficient amount to eliminate the problems ahead.  hopefully the authorities will work with you given your medical condition. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Embassies don’t give money to travelers even if they have paid taxes for years.  They will only give you money if Money is deposited by friends back in your home country.

Bail money for court is returned to a bank account about 2-3 weeks after the case is finished.  It is not returned in cash.

When being deported you will be taken to Bangkok and deported from there to your home country via your national carrier.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LolaS said:

Dear VonDutch,

as someone who works part-time for one of the Western embassies, we are instructed not to assist in these problems the citizens.

What you can do is to live Thailand ASAP!!

Makes me wonder what value that Embassies have. Too much "diplomacy" and no commitment to their fellow citizens. The concept of "extraterritoriality" is an idea whose time has come again. Many countries want the status of a first world country while ignoring the rights and freedoms that give them that status.

• Like 1

I know this is Thailand but I just looked up what happens in other countries if you steal a bike. If you plead guilty there will be a fine and not even a court case. Amount of the fine is determined from public prosecutor directly.
Maybe you should change your lawyer.

• Haha 1

Sometimes the (drunk) farangs in Thailand,  can be a bigger pain in the A** or cause more trouble then all the locals against whom one always rants against (incl. myself).

All the best to the OP and hope you make it out from your horrible situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VonDutch said:
2 hours ago, oilinki said:

OP: If you think, there is the need, you might want to contact your country's / city's local newspapers.

Publicity back home might put pressure to your embassy to help you. You might also ask for monetary assistance for letting the newspaper interview you and print your story. 

With a bit of international pressure, your case in court might also be viewed in more favourable way as everybody have tendency to hope a happy ending to the story and come out as the person who helped one in need. 

I don't know if that would help you, but it's one option, I would be thinking of going for, if I would be in the situation you are now.

I hope things turn out just fine.

Oilinki, thanks a lot!
Actually I have already really popular blog in my home country and sometimes some posts get thousands of readers and shares. Maybe I can write today this story in my native language and send link to every newspapers. One local also said that court don't want publicity with western cases and id there is publicity then the penalty is not maybe so big.

I was thinking this before, but then I forget it and also I think that I don't want that nobody knows this and wanted to handle this myself. Now I feel I don't have any choice. Also maybe with that story, some other travelers get information what not to do and that Embassy's really don't help anything!

Thanks for great tip!

Be very very careful about publishing anything that makes Thailand look bad.  They will treat that as a much more serious crime than the trouble you are already in.  

All I can offer is the hope that you get through this ordeal and get back home safely.

Good luck!

Do as the locals..

Go to police station and make a serious and sad face then a couple of gracious looking Wais and say that u prepared to pay the 300 bht fine.

let us know how it went down but i sure we never hear from u again as usual with these kind of posts.

Edited by Destiny1990
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, VonDutch said:

Thanks for comment!
Yes I try to make deal immediately in the morning in Police station with owner of the bicycle by saying that I'm guilty and sorry, and I can pay that we both safe time. I was ready to pay 5000 bahts, because owner can buy with that money new bicycle. I was thinking this was fair, because owner get bicycle immediately back.

Lawyer said that making new deal with owner is too late, because I did't go to court. So, now it's different case.

Actually, If I understood right, after the court is no matter if it's money fee or jail, after penalty there is 2nd case: over 90 days Visa overstay, you don't get your Passport back in that time and Immigration police will immediately start kicking me out of the country.

I don't know are they going to bring me to Chiang Mai Immigration Jail or Immigration Jail in Bangkok - anybody knows? - but it's really big chock if the information is right that you cannot even use there your own medicines.

The purpose to be there is paper work, pay your penalty fees and getting return ticket to home, BUT... how the hell you can arrange any return ticket, because you cannot use any phone or internet there for 100% sure (every info is saying same). How you can then even invite anybody to help you?

So, do anybody know how to arrange return ticket and how to pay that?

After that police officers will take you in the airport in handcuffs and I red that even then they don't give your Passport. Just before lift of they give Passport to airplane company crew member or this is what I read.

I don't care about handcuffs in public, just try to fight way to home Alive...

Give one of your friends the money for the ticket and the contact details of the lawyer.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

Good luck, or better luck.

I suggest you Use your time to fully write out your experience, it could be a best seller one day, plus it might help with your medical issues

"To fully write out..."

The current version is already offering stiff competition to War and Peace in the "fully" category.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

"To fully write out..."

The current version is already offering stiff competition to War and Peace in the "fully" category.

Have you ever thought about not reading it if you aren't   pleased?

Or maybe the ignore feature could be your friend?

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, VonDutch said:

Hi again, I would like to, but right now not maybe wise, because then everybody know my name, face, profession, county and challenge and I can't even walk on street.

I assume it is in Dutch but the more people see it the better for you?

Not much chance of Thai people recognizing you in the street over here.

Is that not what a blog is all about?Letting people know about you?

Pm me if you like.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Be very very careful about publishing anything that makes Thailand look bad.  They will treat that as a much more serious crime than the trouble you are already in.  

All I can offer is the hope that you get through this ordeal and get back home safely.

Good luck!

I think he's OK to say whatever he wants once he's back in his home country where there's likely genuine freedom of speech.

But I agree he should be cautious expressing  himself  while he's in Thailand.    He doesn't want another jail experience.

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

The France v Denmark World Cup game was pretty boring as well,?  

No way! It was the most predictable game ever. I got 7/1 odds about it being 0-0 at full time - which it was ?

Good luck to you also OP. I am happy to donate if you provide link. 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, krabi local said:

Embassies don’t give money to travelers even if they have paid taxes for years.  They will only give you money if Money is deposited by friends back in your home country.

Bail money for court is returned to a bank account about 2-3 weeks after the case is finished.  It is not returned in cash.

When being deported you will be taken to Bangkok and deported from there to your home country via your national carrier.

"Embassies don’t give money to travelers even if they have paid taxes for years."
That was surprise to me.

"Bail money for court is returned to a bank account about 2-3 weeks after the case is finished.  It is not returned in cash."

Thanks a lot for info! Then there is no any sense to give bail money 100 000 bahts, because after court, there is not maybe enough cash to pay possible penalty fee if I'm so lucky that I survive without jail just with money.
So, now reality is that I have to be in Pai jail for 3 weeks to wait criminal record from Bangkok before the court. And without medicines I almost lose my mind after one night, so how about 3 weeks: it's going to be totally disaster. 

"When being deported you will be taken to Bangkok and deported from there to your home country via your national carrier."

Thanks for info! I get information that also there you cannot bring your own medicines. There is no any ability to use phone or internet to arrange return ticket or invite anybody there. So, how you can get return ticket to home? And how to pay it? Is that your own country Embassy work or do Immigration police do that?
Thanks!

• Haha 1

After Reading your Unbelievable Story Just two Questions First in the bar if you knew you had problems why not ask br tender to spearmint to management maybe they would have sorted it out. Now you say you got Three guys who robbed you did you go to Police they have cctv ever where in Pia. I just don’t believe it all maybe the part that you steal bike Shame on you what a vivid imagination TIT 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, watcharacters said:
1 hour ago, seancbk said:

Good luck!

I think he's OK to say whatever he wants once he's back in his home country where there's likely genuine freedom of speech.

But I agree he should be cautious expressing  himself  while he's in Thailand.    He doesn't want another jail experience.

Yes exactly.   I was just warning him not to do anything here that might be seen as blackmailing Thailand to be lenient.  It is likely to have the opposite effect.

Personally I wouldn't write anything outside of Thailand unless there was no chance of it being linked to me, unless I didn't want to return here.  

39 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

After Reading your Unbelievable Story Just two Questions First in the bar if you knew you had problems why not ask br tender to spearmint to management maybe they would have sorted it out. Now you say you got Three guys who robbed you did you go to Police they have cctv ever where in Pia. I just don’t believe it all maybe the part that you steal bike Shame on you what a vivid imagination TIT 

"in the bar if you knew you had problems why not ask br tender to spearmint to management"
What happen in the bar is long story. In that moment I feel that is was the best way just go away to avoid any fight. Off course now in afterwards I can think more what's more wise.

"Now you say you got Three guys who robbed you did you go to Police they have cctv ever where in Pia"
3 mans robbed me, that's true. Where it happen, there was no any security cameras. If you have a information that if you are in court without possibility to pay the penalty free, they immediately change it to 2,5 - 5 years in prison. So, would you take the risk and go there without any money and say: "They robbed me" without any evidence. And even if they believe and court will be later after 2-3 weeks when the new Visa credit card arrives, where you then can life, sleep and eat without any money?

"Shame on you what a vivid imagination"
I don't have any reason to use any imagination in so serious case like this. I need help and right information and if I give wrong information, I get wrong reply's and my situation get more critical.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VonDutch said:

"in the bar if you knew you had problems why not ask br tender to spearmint to management"
What happen in the bar is long story. In that moment I feel that is was the best way just go away to avoid any fight. Off course now in afterwards I can think more what's more wise.

"Now you say you got Three guys who robbed you did you go to Police they have cctv ever where in Pia"
3 mans robbed me, that's true. Where it happen, there was no any security cameras. If you have a information that if you are in court without possibility to pay the penalty free, they immediately change it to 2,5 - 5 years in prison. So, would you take the risk and go there without any money and say: "They robbed me" without any evidence. And even if they believe and court will be later after 2-3 weeks when the new Visa credit card arrives, where you then can life, sleep and eat without any money?

"Shame on you what a vivid imagination"
I don't have any reason to use any imagination in so serious case like this. I need help and right information and if I give wrong information, I get wrong reply's and my situation get more critical.

just show us where we can read your blog,the excuse you used before no to do so makes no sense at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jvs said:

just show us where we can read your blog,the excuse you used before no to do so makes no sense at all.

Why you want to read my blog? It's in my native language, you don't even understand nothing. There is no any excuse. Right now in this moment really bad idea to bring my person to public, because of security.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

Good luck!

Thanks for advice!
My plan was not write anything bad about Thailand, if I make blog with my native language, just tell what happened. Like I said in the end of the post that I don't have any bad to say about locals or Thailand. Own mistake and also really unlucky episode. I have to think is there no sense to publish anything...

By this post I just try to get right information that I can make survival plan. Example nobody knows how you can bye return ticket to home when you are in Immigration Jail in Bangkok and how you can pay it? Looking this info many days without any result.

.. long gobbledeegook with all the ingredients of a naive Farung who has not done his homework before venturing out in the unknown, yet is lucky to be alive ... To reap what one sows. One should count his blessings. Moneywise a total disaster and loss, will drag on and on for all the leeches to feed on. End will be foreseeable. Money finiss.. mai mee tung. bai ...

• Sad 1