Dentist In Bangkok

konangrit

My father needs some extensive dental work done, but I never go to the dentist so don't have a clue which of the hundreds of dentists to go to. Just want somewhere which does good work for a reasonable price, the nearer Thong Lor, the better, but that's not so important as can travel.

Thanks,

Konangrit

The Bangkok Dental Hospital on Soi 49 is excellent, offers a comprehensive range of services and I don't think you can get a better price for the same quality anywhere else.

They always do a basic check-up evaluation on all new patients, following which they will discuss findings and options and tell you the relevant cost. I forget what the initial evaluation costs but it isn't much.

Thanks Sheryl & Tax, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I googled " Bangkok Dental Hospital" and this site came up: http://www.bangkokdentalhospital.com/location.html . Is this a different clinic with the same name? It's seems to be off of 55, not 49, but think it would be strange for 2 dental clinics to have the same name so close to each other.

• 2 weeks later...
Asavanant is also excellent, and very close to Thong Lor - though for Thailand it's relatively expensive.

www.asavanant.com

I think Asavanant is good and also prices are reasonable. I always get good service from them.. Worth checking out and just on the pak soi of Thonglo-Sukhumvit

while this post is active can anyone let me know if there are mercury free dentists in Thailand and most importantly if any dentists have a good and safe protocol for mercury filling removal and replacement...

You might get more replies to your Mercury problem if you open a NEW topic highlighting your specfic enquiry

that is a different clinic.

this is the correct one

DENTAL HOSPITAL BANGKOK

I've got some urgent work that needs to be done, probably requiring a crown or maybe 2...do these folks got a lab on premises or does the crown fabrication haveta be done elsewhere? I don't wanna spend more time in de Smoke than I haveta...(ouch, it hurts...) :o

afaik crowns take a few days to be made , after the preparation and impressions.

you could call them and ask if its possible to do it within 24 or 48hrs , but its a very labour intensive procedure , involving a number of different processes .

do they speak english on the phone? the last work I had was in Bahrain and they had to send the crown impressions to Dubai for the preparation requiring a 4-5 day turn around...I'm hoping that they can do the work locally in BKK...

shit :o , an expedition to BKK at major expense to get some dental work done...I could get it done locally but then the barber would simply pull the pliers outta his pocket...

amazing/lovely/wonderful thailand...

yes they speak english , i'm sure they will either have their own technicians making up the crowns etc. or they will send out to one of the many good dental labs in bangkok.

i also need a crown and when i asked how long ( at the soi 49 dental hospital ) they told me it would be fitted a week after the preparation and impressions.

i'm sure they could speed it up if you asked.

crown preparation is normally an hour in the chair and the fitting is a 20 minute session.

if its your first visit to that place , they will want to x-ray your teeth and give you a full check up (about 1000b).

if you are sure you need a crown , then tell them that as well as a check up appointment , you want the treatment started immediately. (different dentists do check ups , fillings , root canals and crowns etc.) so that they can get you booked in with the right people at convenient times.

just returned from the Dental Hospital Bangkok on Sukh soi 49 (just across from Villa supermarket)...nice place, good service...quite impressed with the x-ray facility, rotates around yer head...never seen one ob dem before...

the english speaking and very pleasant thai dentist displayed the x-rays and advised that a root canal an' a crown are required as I expected...then, rather mournfully said that the work with incidentals would cost almost 30k baht???!!!, that's more than what it would cost in Los Angeles!

I noted that the price schedule was in english an' wondered...shit, that's more than the average thai makes inna month...makes me wonder if there is two tier pricing here...

later, went to the Samijiev (?) hospital down de street to get sum One Touch Ultra test strips for my blood glucose monitor to find that they cost twice what I paid in Bahrain, USD65 for 50 strips...walked out...

later went to Villa market an' bought 2 packets ob sesame Ry-Vita and 3 packets ob gen-mai cha jap green tea wid toasted rice, didn't look at de posted price an' figured 'what can sum crackers an' tea be worth?' 808 BAHT!!!

holy shit...how falangs can put up widdose prices is beyond my comprehension...fair enough widde supermarket where the prices are posted but widde dental work an de test strips, if yer a white boy dem fcukin' thais see yer ass comin' :o

• 1 month later...