Denied Entry Both Border and Airport

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

You have my sympathy, both for your experience, and for the accusations some members here are going to direct at you that you are making this up.

It is really unfortunate that you chose the Poipet/Aran border for your attempted land entry. It is the only border crossing where you would have had a problem. It is no surprise to me that immigration's motive for denying you was a conspiracy with Cambodian immigration to try to exact bribes to allow you entry. It is known to be a lawless immigration office, and their behavior was disgusting.

At Suvarnabhumi, you were really unlucky. When you are entering visa exempt, immigration officials have pretty much total discretion on whether to admit you. You happened to encounter a really mean official.

The good news is that you will not be blacklisted. Actually, I am not sure you will even be officially deported. There is a difference between denied entry and deportation. When you visit Thailand in the future, always have a tourist visa and 20,000 baht equivalent in cash to show immigration.

Thank you so much. I will keep that in mind! 

26 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

if you say that you still  love Thailand, does that imply you've spent time here before ... recently?  Maybe you mentioned that and I missed. It. Possibly repeated visa exempt entries was a factor in your experience. 

Hi! It was my first visa exemp entry in Thailand last May 29, and I got permission to stay until June 27. I left for Siem Reap last June 21 so I was able to spend time in Thailand for 3 weeks already. ?

You say you went for a trip to Cambodia, so I assume you returned the same day you departed Thailand. If so, you may have fallen foul of a ruling which states that you are not allowed to exit Thailand  and re-enter the same day. You are required to stay out of Thailand until next day. This happened to met at Sadao in 2014, as well as a fellow traveller who had a Non O multi-entry visa. As other posters have stated make sure you have the required documentation and relevant amount in Baht. As a citizen of an ASEAN country I thought you could enter Thailand without a visa, maybe I am wrong. Anyway, I hope you do decide to return to Thailand and that you enjoy the country, culture and people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CelticTam said:

you may have fallen foul of a ruling which states that you are not allowed to exit Thailand  and re-enter the same day. You are required to stay out of Thailand until next day.

There is no such real rule. However, if entering visa exempt, some officials will treat this as evidence that you are trying to use visa exempt entries for extended stays in Thailand. If they believe you are doing so, they can deny entry.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, keisee said:

Despite showing him 10,000 baht, my cards, hotel booking, and return ticket to the Philippines

13 hours ago, keisee said:

They told me to book a ticket going back home so that was what I did immediately.

Which one is correct?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

...and most of all, they do not think better of themselves in comparison with other ASEAN people.

Really? The Bumiputera reckon their sh!t don't stink when compared with fellow Malaysian citizens of Indian and Chinese descent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mister T said:

Which one is correct?

I originally had a return ticket to the Philippines dated June 27. It was the detention staff who told me to book my ticket when I asked him what should I do, probably because he had no idea I had one. Even if I had a return ticket for the 27th, I still booked for another flight leaving the next day (June 25) since I couldn't wait any longer and I wanted to get out of the place ASAP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

My advice, don't ever go back to Thailand after that treatment. Go to Malaysia, people are friendly, they speak English and it's clean everywhere, and most of all, they do not think better of themselves in comparison with other ASEAN people.

I've been to Malaysia twice but only visited KL and Langkawi. Had a great experience! I look forward to going back to the country and visiting other parts of Malaysia ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CelticTam said:

You say you went for a trip to Cambodia, so I assume you returned the same day you departed Thailand. If so, you may have fallen foul of a ruling which states that you are not allowed to exit Thailand  and re-enter the same day. You are required to stay out of Thailand until next day. This happened to met at Sadao in 2014, as well as a fellow traveller who had a Non O multi-entry visa. As other posters have stated make sure you have the required documentation and relevant amount in Baht. As a citizen of an ASEAN country I thought you could enter Thailand without a visa, maybe I am wrong. Anyway, I hope you do decide to return to Thailand and that you enjoy the country, culture and people.

Yes you are very wrong.

This rule only exist in Cambodia.

How can people still listen to stupid officials who know nothing and are happy to die knowing nothing ?!

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

Visa exempt entry is not limited to ASEAN countries.

Filipinos qualify for visa exempt entry but all entries are at the discretion of the immigration officer. Young Filipinos have a high chance of being denied entry on the suspension of working because many do work illegally.

And since when Filipinos are allowed to leave their country ? I have read here before that it was not that easy for them to travel abroad ?

• Confused 1

Really wish you the best for the future, but you should not travel anywhere without visa and more money even if are allowed. I have a EU passport and still do not take the ridiculous risks that you took,

But there is something that I do not understand: you were coming from Cambodia, so why didn't they send you back to Cambodia as is the usual rule ?!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, grkt said:

But there is something that I do not understand: you were coming from Cambodia, so why didn't they send you back to Cambodia as is the usual rule ?!

That is the usual rule. Actually at first, the IO kept on telling me, "Go back to Cambodia!" but I requested him if I could go back to the Philippines instead. I think the immigration still has the final verdict whether they would send back the person to where he/she departed from or to his/her home country. In my case, I'm thankful that the Thai immigration allowed me to fly back to my country. 

• Like 2