Cheapest place to buy medicines in bulk?

leonardjones625

I doubt if the place near Kad Luang supplies other pharmacies. It's just another retail operation.

There are wholesale pharmacies but they won't sell to you. You could ask a doctor, dentist or even veterinarian friend to make an order for you. Even dog breeders can make orders from wholesale suppliers. There are a few wholesale suppliers here and a few in Lamphun.

Otherwise, just shop around - asking for prices in 200-300+ capsules per medication. Dara is O.K. for some things.

Edited by elektrified

this is by far the cheapest for bulk in chiang mai city.......

he has loads of thai generic cheap meds....

the owner speaks perfect english and is friendly.....

its chang moi road, center of wararot market....

even if you don't find what you are looking for the owner is happy to chat and have a laugh together...

show him this thread for extra discount....

21 minutes ago, fcgprg said:

I second that  udom pharmacy, he is very competitive in price, also he speaks very good English.it was his daughter who was the tennis player.

He's a great guy. But certainly not the kind of place with huge stocks to consider for wholesale shopping.

• Like 1

This reminds me of a dilemma I had a couple of weeks ago.   I had a small supply of various drugs that I bought after a number of consultations with doctors at Sipaht Hospital.  Some were effective for my condition, but there were others which were either too powerful causing unwanted reactions, or unhealthy interactions with other drugs which I was also taking.

What to do with perfectly good medicines which are of no use to me?  I asked at one of the larger pharmacies, and they told me that, rather than flushing them down the toilet, they could be donated to the pharmacy, and they would get them to patients who couldn't afford them.  Being a bit skeptical, I kiddingly suggested that the pharmacy would just put them back on the shelf and sell them later.  She assured me that that wouldn't happen. 

Anyway, I solved my oversupply of meds issue.  This may be good advice for those who are in a similar predicament.

On 6/30/2018 at 7:46 PM, interested said:

this is by far the cheapest for bulk in chiang mai city.......

he has loads of thai generic cheap meds....

the owner speaks perfect english and is friendly.....

its chang moi road, center of wararot market....

even if you don't find what you are looking for the owner is happy to chat and have a laugh together...

show him this thread for extra discount....

On 7/1/2018 at 7:48 AM, sfokevin said:

Here’s a pic that makes it easier to find...

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

57A651C4-6A85-4DC1-9ED4-E04F6C29D537.png

Thanks. So directly at the gate entrance to the left?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, leonardjones625 said:

Is that the one that's open until like 3 AM?

Yes.

9 hours ago, leonardjones625 said:

Thanks. So directly at the gate entrance to the left?

Yes. But the gate is no longer there. I saw them removing it about 10 days ago. Honestly, prices are O.K. there. Don't go with the expectation that it is much less than anywhere else.