Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

I didn't realise I was so young! Thanks!

And I did not realise that your English comprehension was so poor.

45 and above are the smallest users by far, of social media.

45 and above is by far the biggest age group that voted leave.

Smallest and biggest group in both instances does not equate to ALL.

Instead of calling others '' smart Alec's '' perhaps you should practice what you preach ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nontabury said:

It’s being a member of the hated E.U. that is limiting the workers prospects.

And the only people who think otherwise are those who wish to remain in this so called union,for their own selfish reasons.

The thing limiting ‘workers prospects’ is the imbalance of power between employers and workers.

Unionised workers earn more and enjoy better working conditions.

The Tories are eagerly preparing to reduce EU regulations protecting workers in post-Brexit Britain.

Meanwhile coming over the hill, the next industrial and social revolution AI and robotics, which will of course be in the control of business.

What’s needed is a scapegoat to blame and distract ordinary working people.

Anything but challenging employer power and the way in which the wealth the nation generates is distributed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

The head of the EU, do I need to say anymore, and heads of states think its funny?

It just goes to show to show the power and hold over people this cretin has, when he is still President of the EC despite the ongoing scandals and being in an almost permanent state of drunken stupor.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2018 at 8:23 AM, sandyf said:

I will accept your point on the basis you think that Trump is not trying to influence the brexit negotiations.

Time has a habit of telling all.

Mr Trump added that he had advised Ms May against pursuing a soft Brexit strategy and said she "didn't listen" to him. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/trump-brexit-latest-uk-visit-theresa-may-white-paper-trade-deal-us-president-a8445106.html

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Mr Trump added that he had advised Ms May against pursuing a soft Brexit strategy and said she "didn't listen" to him. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/trump-brexit-latest-uk-visit-theresa-may-white-paper-trade-deal-us-president-a8445106.html

But then again, yesterday was the first time he seemed to have heard the term 'hard Brexit' so to be fair to the PM, is there any point listening to Trump?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Here he is being interviewed by reporters; when he is asked about hard Brexit and thinks that the reporter is talking about Brexit being a hearbreak - seriously.

Trump

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

But then again, yesterday was the first time he seemed to have heard the term 'hard Brexit' so to be fair to the PM, is there any point listening to Trump?

Not quite the point, I was accused of a post regarding Trump as not being relevant to the brexit negotiations. He is now claiming he told TM how she should have handled it.

What you say is quite right, he is struggling to deal with the EU and sees the UK as a soft target. Only trying to further his own interests.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Not quite the point, I was accused of a post regarding Trump as not being relevant to the brexit negotiations. He is now claiming he told TM how she should have handled it.

What you say is quite right, he is struggling to deal with the EU and sees the UK as a soft target. Only trying to further his own interests.

That is the scary thing indeed - a man so far out of his depth, but with so much power, and whilst not quite the future of our country's economy in his hands, he has a massive amount of influence on what happens next, and he doesn't even know the basics.

• Like 1

Just now, nauseus said:

No secret - it just pays the money.

As you're well aware, my response was to this typical paranoid tripe from Renegade:

"Switzerland has too many secret bank accounts to upset and must be kept sweet. Therefore they have access to the Single Market, but also accept that comes with a price of accepting free movement of people."

Switzerland also pays, does it not?

PM says the Brexit White Paper delivers 'the Brexit people voted for'...

As in, one that:

- is built on lies
- broke the law 
- is undeliverable
- will put jobs at risk
- and that people now don’t want.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tebee said:

‘The great irony of #Brexit is revealing that the United Kingdom already had the best model: EU membership, with a rule-maker’s influence and control’

There is no irony about it tebee.

The UK was a member of the EU and that is possibly ( time will tell ) the best model to be in.

2 things happened to change that.

1 A Referendum was held and the majority that could be @rsed to vote, voted Leave.

2.  7 Months later. A Parliamentary vote was held to trigger Article 50. This was backed by a 4 - 1 majority in favour of triggering Article 50.

Look forward, that is where the future lies - Don't look back to the past, it is in the past for a reason.

Where the irony lies is with a UK PM who is doing her best, despite the Referendum result, despite the Parliamentary vote on triggering Article 50, is still trying to keep the UK attached at the hip to the EU.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kwilco said:

no it IS patronising and unfortunately like many uneducated elderly you fail to realise the biological and dementia changes that often lead older people to make more and more irrational and right wing decisions.

So it's only the uneducated elderly that fail to realize then? Thank you Dr. Geront!

What about irrational left-wing decisions? Ah, I suppose they are OK?

Not only patronizing but also biased and offensive.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

There is no irony about it tebee.

The UK was a member of the EU and that is possibly ( time will tell ) the best model to be in.

2 things happened to change that.

1 A Referendum was held and the majority that could be @rsed to vote, voted Leave.

2.  7 Months later. A Parliamentary vote was held to trigger Article 50. This was backed by a 4 - 1 majority in favour of triggering Article 50.

Look forward, that is where the future lies - Don't look back to the past, it is in the past for a reason.

Where the irony lies is with a UK PM who is doing her best, despite the Referendum result, despite the Parliamentary vote on triggering Article 50, is still trying to keep the UK attached at the hip to the EU.

So you don't think people should ever be prepared to admit they made a mistake?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kwilco said:

the truth is regardless of what docs any British government decides to sign, a real dating Brexit is an impossibility - at best it is scrapped at worst the next generation will have to spend needless years rebuilding the relationship.

They are to hamstrung by 19th century shoofly concepts of nationalism that the mistake for patriotism or bizarre 19th century xenophobia theories of racism. Stupidity will always e there but hopefully in smaller amounts and related to the 21st century

So you champion the "new" stupidity then?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tebee said:

So you don't think people should ever be prepared to admit they made a mistake?

Because you think it is a mistake does not make it a mistake 

Whether it is a mistake or not will not be known for a generation.

So come back in 15 - 20 years and we can discuss whether it was a mistake or not.

Edited by The Renegade
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

As you're well aware, my response was to this typical paranoid tripe from Renegade:

"Switzerland has too many secret bank accounts to upset and must be kept sweet. Therefore they have access to the Single Market, but also accept that comes with a price of accepting free movement of people."

Switzerland also pays, does it not?

You were talking about the dark secrets of Norway. I just replied.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

“No secret - it [Norway] just pays the money.”

And is subject to EU laws and regulations over which it has no control.

#BINO

I know that. What is your point?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tebee said:

au contraire - I think it's becoming obvious that the benefits we were promised just don't exist in the real world, but the downsides are more and more real.

If it wasn't a mistake, there wouldn't be a problem and leaving would be as easy as they claimed.