Chiang Rai: Rescuers make progress on day seven

rooster59

I'm not a big friend of caves generally, so I don't know exactly where the mouth of that cave is, but I know where Doi Phamee is. Given that the whole cave system is over 10 Km, it could reach even far into Burma territory, however, from the maps I saw, I couldn't figure in which directions the cave is spreading.

31 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

If this team comes out alive and healthy then they will be the most famous football team from Thailand..

And if the worst comes to the worst then I hope the players in the World Cup final wear black armbands as a tribute to them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

The UK expert said on thai TV on Friday when they asked him about boys  survival 

He says, if we don't get then out in the next 24hours, probably not

I'd believe him over the pm or the Thai media because he had spent more time in those caves than anyone

So then this is only opinion. Opinions mean squat. Please don't start a rumour of this being a recovery effort at this point unless we know that for fact. "recovery" means 13 dead bodies. We do not know that for fact.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, neeray said:

So then this is only opinion. Opinions mean squat. Please don't start a rumour of this being a recovery effort at this point unless we know that for fact. "recovery" means 13 dead bodies. We do not know that for fact.

Correct, a rescue operation until such times it is officially a recovery. 

So much stupid negativity from those who think they have superior intelligence. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, neeray said:

Yes, its only an opinion but coming from what's likely the most qualified man on the scene who has spent lots of time in this cave and others like it carries more weight than the pm yesterday saying everything will be fine to the families r

There is no way to prove there is sirvivors/bodies until they are found 

22 minutes ago, neeray said:

I know what comforting words the PM said to the families. And I know what the Brit caver said. But I have also heard many other valued opinions. I am listening to all those opinions and drawing my own conclusion. I think there is still hope. And I like where the rescuers are concentrating now. Gawd, they must be close.

"close" let us, with exception of a few, hope so. 

• Thanks 1

Why is no one discussing the obvious. The diagnostic information of the infra-red equipment? 

There are two ends of the spectrum. The equipment is inadequate and , therefore, trying to secure more advanced tech elsewhere if it even exists...

or

The equipment is sufficient and it reports no movement/activity at Pattaya beach. Nothing as been reported to the media either way....

All that has been reported/said is they are trying to reach Pattaya beach and hope to find them there. And that is based on what? evidence which they are not sharing with the public, forecasting scenarios  or a wing and a prayer?

1 hour ago, Ks45672 said:

It's a body recovery at this stage... 

If they found a safe place above water, and that is a big if, then exposure is not a huge problem as it is relatively warm. Water may become an issue if infected with bacteria and food they can last up to 60 days or more. If found they may have to stay in place until water level resides and be supplied with food and water. Too dangerous to attempt bringing them out underwater.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

If they found a safe place above water, and that is a big if, then exposure is not a huge problem as it is relatively warm. Water may become an issue if infected with bacteria and food they can last up to 60 days or more. If found they may have to stay in place until water level resides and be supplied with food and water. Too dangerous to attempt bringing them out underwater.

We live in hope................but the odds are not looking good, sadly.

But no one should give up until rescue or recovery has been completed.

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wcoast said:

Meditation isn't quite irrelevant. Conserving energy, calming the mind, and keeping in tune with your body in circumstances such as this is key to survival.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

Then we are not in agreement. 12-16-year-olds are going to achieve nothing useful if they meditate until the cows come home. There are much more effective alternatives, one of which is to enhance the wits, not dull them.

• Sad 1

Actually Vern from the UK maybe correct that the boys took the path to the right. It said it was a 750 meter crawl to the bigger chamber. It was at this intersection were they found shoes/backpacks. It would make sense then this is were they would leave their things before starting the crawl and maybe they had never been this way before so that may have been a factor see some place new. The other issue is they were likely at this point around 2pm and that left little time to go and return to Pattaya beach which is 3X as far. Seems they have enough experts and even though multi-tasking is not practiced here that they could also head to that chamber before it is too late.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

All that has been reported/said is they are trying to reach Pattaya beach and hope to find them there. And that is based on what?

I guess that is based on hope, as my understanding is that Pattaya beach is the only place that is not flooded, and will have been the only chance for them to survive.

19 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

It's desperately sad but also entirely predictable that Thai authorities have bungled the rescue operation from day one. 

there are reports on the bangkok english language newspaper that it took 48 hours for the military to begin rescue on site and another 48 hours before pumping equipment arrived.  is this true?

The shoes found were also left in the shape of an arrow pointing towards the junction in the cave as a signal to rescue crews, so that is proof that they were alive and retreated back into the cave. Have none of you seen the shoes picture?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Julie H said:

The shoes found were also left in the shape of an arrow pointing towards the junction in the cave as a signal to rescue crews, so that is proof that they were alive and retreated back into the cave. Have none of you seen the shoes picture?

No, please post a link.  Thanks

3 minutes ago, Julie H said:

No effort at being nasty here but my guess is that we have all seen the shoe picture. Hopefully the shoes are another clue, but it is also possible that the shoe positioning is coincidental.