Chiang Rai: Rescuers make progress on day seven

rooster59

6 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I heard that amongst the Thais there is a media blackout. The team were found and drugs were found. Seems really far fetched. And certainly just gossip. But the Thais and myself do seem to think something is going on that's not in the media. 

If it were true (would be nice) then the PM would be crowing about it already.

2 hours ago, BangkokSausage said:

Thais get criticism from bar stool search and rescue teams here but the international teams have done absolutely nothing!
Where are the boys? Result is zero zip nada!!!

The critical time to act was the first 48 hours before the heavy rains. Thais did little or nothing. Just the facts

2 hours ago, kannot said:

humans like to see patterns in everything,  looks  like nothing to me

Looks much different than the rest of the shoes and why would you leave your shoes so far apart. Looks like they were placed to me compared to others. My GF said she heard somewhere they pointed toward the left , pattaya beach

The critical time to act was the first 48 hours before the heavy rains. Thais did little or nothing. Just the facts

It wasn't an emergency then. Without heavy rain they would have walked out anyway.

The rain makes it an emergency. The great white hope have done nothing.

Just the facts [emoji6]

13 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Do you get your jollies by flying false flags every 5 minutes. 

With more than 10k posts I guess you know the very useful function called "Ignore list" ...?
Mr. GC is a member of mine since weeks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BangkokSausage said:

It wasn't an emergency then. Without rain they would have walked out anyway.

The rain makes it an emergency. The great white hope have done nothing.
Just the facts emoji6.png

That's ignorant to think kids are missing 8 hours by that evening much less 48 hours and because there is NO RAIN automatically makes it not an emergency. Then I guess if it happens in December there is no need to look for 13 kids in a cave until it starts running say in 6 months. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rebo said:

With more than 10k posts I guess you know the very useful function called "Ignore list" ...?
Mr. GC is a member of mine since weeks.

Yes, my 5000 + likes and your 600 + likes, obviously you are not as popular as me so please do put me on your ignore list. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I don't think so.

Thailand is objectively a very dangerous country to live in relative to most of the countries expats are coming from.

But there are significant advantages of living here.

So if you're going to live here and enjoy those advantages, it's only common sense to be aware of the hazards here, and actively try to mitigate them with cautious behavior.

Cheers. 

If that's the case then there are not enough advantages to stay here. Fact is LOS suffers the same problems pretty much all 3rd World countries share and that is mainly poor education. So if you live in any of these countries just plug the name into the post and stop bitching because you made the choice. Thing is I get tired hearing about how we do it back in NY, London etc which is what he is saying. If you decide to live here 21 years deal with it already. Do you think the Thais that have to be around this guy enjoy the constant Thai bashing. No wonder they have a negative opinion of farang not only here but everywhere.

pura vida

3 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

If that's the case then there are not enough advantages to stay here. Fact is LOS suffers the same problems pretty much all 3rd World countries share and that is mainly poor education. So if you live in any of these countries just plug the name into the post and stop bitching because you made the choice. Thing is I get tired hearing about how we do it back in NY, London etc which is what he is saying. If you decide to live here 21 years deal with it already. Do you think the Thais that have to be around this guy enjoy the constant Thai bashing. No wonder they have a negative opinion of farang not only here but everywhere.

pura vida

Seriously, dude?
Each individual weighs the pros and cons of living here or anywhere, and makes their own choices based on their temperament, situation (such as finances, visas, and relationships), and personal priorities.

Pura vida, Schmura Shmida.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BangkokSausage said:

Thais get criticism from bar stool search and rescue teams here but the international teams have done absolutely nothing!
Where are the boys? Result is zero zip nada!!!

Really?

How far would the locals have got without the extra help? (rhetorical question).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neeray said:

No effort at being nasty here but my guess is that we have all seen the shoe picture. Hopefully the shoes are another clue, but it is also possible that the shoe positioning is coincidental.

I haven't seen the shoe picture. 

Where's the shoe picture. 

6 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I did say it was gossip. 

But there's so little news coming. I smell a rat. 

Gossip is so handy in  situations like this, and maybe no news means nothing has really changed. 

However, regular updates would help and it might just negate your continual rubbish. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Seriously, dude?
Each individual weighs the pros and cons of living here or anywhere, and makes their own choices based on their temperament, situation (such as finances, visas, and relationships), and personal priorities.

Pura vida, Schmura Shmida.

Obviously Dude, that goes without saying. My point is if one chooses to stay here deal with it and don't continue here 21 years trashing the locals for every perceived flaw. No matter where you are talking about if it is your homeland you get tired of farang living in your country bitching constantly. Be intelligent enough to realize it just puts distance between you and the locals and serves no purpose except stroking ones own insecurities. It's what it is, just be quiet and live and let live or maybe better yet move on.

13 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

OMG - petulant children! Join Facebook if you want to be a "numbers" person.

And get back to the "topic" here :post-4641-1156693976:

I would but there's been no news about the topic for 2 days. 

I'm just killing time until the headline drops. 

• Sad 1

Really?

How far would the locals have got without the extra help? (rhetorical question).
We are talking 1st world highly trained teams that have not produced a result.
With the rain subsiding they will get credit for mother nature doing her thing and hopefully saving the boys while the Thais of course will be bashed.

Facts, the international teams have produced a big fat zero.
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

Nobody on TVF will know but the "experts" will give their highly overvalued and useless opinion.

"Nobody on TVF will know but the "experts" will give their highly overvalued and useless opinion."

I did. Suggested he maybe "thinking outside the square"! But I don't claim or consider myself an expert on rescues. 

Sorry if you thought this was "overvalued and useless". :whistling:

• Like 1

A good analogy would be calling for life boats three days after the ship sinks. Had the Thais identified the emergency Saturday night and not waited to call in assistance it very well could have made a difference. Instead they waited for the rain and to their credit realized they were in over their heads (no pun intended) before calling in outside help. You are clueless as to if the outside response teams have made a difference or not but at the end of the day it was a wise move to bring them in.

Dude an emergency is never an emergency untill... Well it's an emergency. No big rain no emergency, kind of obvious really

Until you can show us a link to where a team has found the boys then they are on a level playing field with the Thais.

That's the cold hard truth. Nobody said they shouldn't have been brought in but many have said they are superior and will get em out. Turned out to be total nonsense!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAZZDOG said:

pura vida

Hey are u a share holder of this website? U kinda sound like one with ur happy upbeat messages here always..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1