Current Tourist Visa Processing Times

Hi Guys

The wife's mother will be applying for a visa to come and visit us here in the UK, probably starting the process tomorrow on line.

This will be her 5th trip to the UK and she usually comes for 3-4 months.

Does anyone know currently how long the process is likely to take?

Cheers in advance for any information 

3 hours ago, theoldgit said:

As applications are now forwarded to New Delhi for a decision you'll need to wait and see for people to respond who've applied under the new system.

Are we aware of anyone who has submitted since 15th June - and had a decision.

I know TV member Denim submitted on the 20th and is still waiting.

I have a friend for whom the timing is quite important....... doesn't need the excellent BKK embassy 5 day turnround, but any more than 3 weeks will make it very tight .

As a follow up question do we know if the clock starts running at the date of application or when the Mother in law attends her appointment in BKK, She will be travelling from Surin?

Bit of a late decision this so hoping for a rapid turnaround as we haven't bought a ticket yet.

Will write our supporting letter latter today and put together our supporting documentation to courier to Thailand.

Will update on how long it takes.

Cheers for the input.

Does anyone have any experience of using the VFS premium service, there information is a little vague and no mention that I can see on turnaround times, we would not usually care to much on turnaround time, but this time for reasons I will not go into we are pushed for time as we have not bought her a ticket yet?

Reading further on the VFS service website pretty sure which ever service we opt for it will not improve the processing time once they forward the Mother in laws application!

Just that they will keep you better informed and a greater level of convenience on the day.

I think you can still pay the UKVI for the Priority Visa Service, providing the MIL qualifies, it costs 9,752 Baht extra and aims to make a decsion in five working days. you'll find the details below the VFS "Premium" services.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/th/en/premium-services

Full details can be found here

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/th/en/premium-services/priority-visa

Okay just this once probably worth us paying the extra, obviously the visa is good for 6 months but is that from when they issue it or can they post date it to a day of our request?

We are hopping this time that she can stay for about 5 1/2 months so the date of commencement will be critical?

Regards

If you tell them the date of travel on the application form, they will post date the visa to that date.However, this is not guaranteed as in the past, we have found it to be a bit of hit and miss.The visa issued to us this time was post dated, also  they have recently said you can apply up to three months prior to travel and they will post date.

Archived