As Rambo Is Back

Remo

For those that dont know the new Rambo movie is being filmed in town

I thinks the plot line is about how he escapes from Spiceys :o

So on the lets gets famous part, they are looking for extras to play Tourists

as the ad goes "Cauceasian, Asians" all ages "adults & children"

They are doing a few days filming between end of Feb - April

I went down today and you just fill in a form and they will contact you if needed

Until Feb 10th Mondays and Fridays only 10am - 5pm, Chiang Mai Grandview Hotel, 24 Chiang Mai Lampang Road

They told me if you get accepted you will get paid anywhere from 1200 - 1500B a day

Not that its about cash just seemed like a fun thing to sign up for

Hopefully I am not repeating another thread but just havent seen it posted previously

Just thought I would mention it, as I cant remember the last Hollywood blockbuster I was in and will happily settle to be tourist no 504

I went down today and you just fill in a form and they will contact you if needed

Until Feb 10th Mondays and Fridays only 10am - 5pm, Chiang Mai Grandview Hotel, 24 Chiang Mai Lampang Road

They told me if you get accepted you will get paid anywhere from 1200 - 1500B a day

Hopefully I am not repeating another thread but just havent seen it posted previously

Just thought I would mention it, as I cant remember the last Hollywood blockbuster I was in and will happily settle to be tourist no 504

WP needed?

WP needed?

Technically speaking???????.............yes

They usually don't make a lot of money, so may be very pleased with this opportunity to be in a movie and make some extra cash. :o

Thank you for your incite and clarification,

Hope the Work Permit covers the additional

Regards

:D

Met a special FX guy at CM Ram, he had food poisoning. Well the Thai with him is my Fiancee's friend. SOoooo I ended up casting as a missionary to the Karen people. If I get the part I get to be killed :o

IMO it's all in good fun, I grew up playing "Rambo" is the schoolyard.

Thanks for the adress. Once they've seen my face, I'm sure they'll pay me those 3000+ that would make it worthwhile for me to take a day off.

I'll take any excuse to head up to cool, quiet, pleasant Chiang Rai! :D

UG, try to get them to shoot a scene at the Duke's while Rambo has a pizza. I am sure you would be rewarded with a big commission $$$$.

can u imagine rambo in the dukes??? its a big ego boost for you as well and a lot more TV readers would believe that Duke's is the next best thing to dining in heaven. :o

I'll take any excuse to head up to cool, quiet, pleasant Chiang Rai! :D

UG, try to get them to shoot a scene at the Duke's while Rambo has a pizza. I am sure you would be rewarded with a big commission $$$$.

can u imagine rambo in the dukes??? its a big ego boost for you as well and a lot more TV readers would believe that Duke's is the next best thing to dining in heaven. :o

According to David, he ate at the Duke's every day when he was in Chiang Mai last time and they have pictures to prove it.

Went down and filled out the paper for the Rambo movie extras....they are really looking for families with children...one guy came in while we were there with pictures of his wife and kids and they told him they were really looking for families and if he could bring them in that day or tomorrow... Tuesday... they even chased us down while we were on our way out to ask if we had any children. So if you have kids it sounds like it would be a good oportunity for some fun family time... for families with children, it doesn't sound like they are sticking to the Mon. or Friday application time.

Went down and filled out the paper for the Rambo movie extras....they are really looking for families with children...one guy came in while we were there with pictures of his wife and kids and they told him they were really looking for families and if he could bring them in that day or tomorrow... Tuesday... they even chased us down while we were on our way out to ask if we had any children. So if you have kids it sounds like it would be a good oportunity for some fun family time... for families with children, it doesn't sound like they are sticking to the Mon. or Friday application time.

That sounds like it was me ! :o

We came back a couple of hours later, registered and got photographed, and they said they want tourist-looking families, to be part of the audience at a snake-show. So at least it's a free visit, for the kids, to see something new !

Kids only get paid 800B, by the way.

Seems they can use any family that can pass for tourists, my wife looks slightly Japanese (to some Thais) , and our kids are definitely luk-kreung.

Their white-board, for types still needed, also included girls for a bg-scene, and 'tints (Burma)' , whatever that means ?!

Filming was likely to be 26th/27th/28th February - we were told.

• 1 month later...

If he is convicted of the charge of importing banned drugs, in this case steroids, what would the legal position be for him here in Thailand, assuming that is the case is heard in Oz before the end of filming ?

If he is convicted of the charge of importing banned drugs, in this case steroids, what would the legal position be for him here in Thailand, assuming that is the case is heard in Oz before the end of filming ?

His lawyer fronted up to the Downing Street courts yesterday and the charges were read. This is a serious crime in Australia because of the quantity and if convicted the sentence is a hefty fine/possible jail time/ banned from returning to Australia.

Not sure if it will affect him coming to Thailand though because the drug offence is steroids which doesn't figure among the usual category of drugs such as Heroin, cocaine. It hasn't stopped people like Peter Dougherty from getting a visa to enter the kingdom.