I'm Going To Phnom Penh And I Need A Lil Advice

I have my ticket booked for this monday to fly into Phnom Penh and I did a lil home work trying to see if I need to apply for a visa with the Cambodian embassy before I leave or If i can get one apon entry. The majority of people I've talked to and sites i have seen said that I can get one apon arrival but I want to make sure because i read a post saying "YOU CANNOT GET A VISA APON ARRIVAL ANYMORE"..etc so i'm a lil nervous. I am going there to get a 2 month tourist visa and to just pop around and check it out for 4 days. I Have only been living in Thailand since Nov so this is my 2nd visa Run(1st was to Singapore) so i'm still a newbe.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Ok Raittdog,

Cambodian visas are still issued on arrival at the airport in Phnom Penh for a fee of 25 US dollars.

That was in early January.

In case you don’t acquire any green backs there's an ATM machines before you go through to immigration which will spew out Yankee dollars.

There is also a 25 dollar departure tax to pay.

I can recommend the "Pickled Parrot" in Phnom Penh which is around 15 dollars a night, close to the river, night life, very clean and foreign owned.

It has a good restaurant, pool table and very pleasant staff.

You can find the place on the internet.

Telephone your booking rather than doing it over the internet as it’s more reliable.

English is spoken so no probs.

Ever considered Penang in Malaysia for your visa?

Easy peasy last time i was there as an agent does it on your behalf whilst you take in the sights.

Good luck with the visa in Cambo.

Good luck!

You will need it in PP!

Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket before you go, you have more chance of winning the lotto that getting a visa from PP, you could use the winnings from the lotto to buy a plane ticket to a country where the Thai embassy will issue you a visa, not tell you to go away..............................just joking, but good luck anyway.

Let us know who it goes.

Edited by aussiestyle1983

maybe to get visa easier, maybe go to aranyaprathet of amphoe sakhaew and then enter poipet's visa, more easier?

just suggestion. if u can go to poipet, take a small bus to siem reap, then stay for one night, then go to phnom penh.

welcome to Preah Reachea Nachok Kampuchea :o

Ok Raittdog,

Cambodian visas are still issued on arrival at the airport in Phnom Penh for a fee of 25 US dollars.

That was in early January.

In case you don't acquire any green backs there's an ATM machines before you go through to immigration which will spew out Yankee dollars.

There is also a 25 dollar departure tax to pay.

I can recommend the "Pickled Parrot" in Phnom Penh which is around 15 dollars a night, close to the river, night life, very clean and foreign owned.

It has a good restaurant, pool table and very pleasant staff.

You can find the place on the internet.

Telephone your booking rather than doing it over the internet as it's more reliable.

English is spoken so no probs.

Ever considered Penang in Malaysia for your visa?

Easy peasy last time i was there as an agent does it on your behalf whilst you take in the sights.

Good luck with the visa in Cambo.

Thanks a lot for the advice and If I can't get a visa in PP then I will just come back on a 30day entry stamp as I have a few to give, np mainly just want to see other parts of SE Asia.

I did the same thing last month. Cambodian visa on arrival in Phnom Penh, $20, takes about 15 min. No problem.

Went to the Thai embassy, handed over application form, 1 photo, $25. Picked up my passport the next day with the 60 day single entry tourist visa. The passport had a note attached with a paper clip saying 'Do not apply for Thai visa at this location again' or words to that effect. Next to the new visa is a stamp in red ink saying the same thing. I did not get an explanation on why they did this, nor a chance to talk to any Thai officials. I certainly did not feel welcome at the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh.

So I got my Thai visa in PP but I guess I don't need to try there again, at least until I have a new passport.

p.s. My last visits to Thailand were Nov/Dec 2005; Feb/March 2006 (on double entry TR Visa issued in Wash D.C.); May 2006 (30day); Sept/Oct (single entry TR issued in Phnom Penh). In between I travelled Singapore, Indonesia, Nepal, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Philippines. I'm backpacking on an extended vacation, I just use Thailand as a base between trips.