Black print on car windows

Assuming it's the branding on your window film.

Rubbing alcohol (vodka) or any mild solvent should remove it.

There may be a small bottle of something in the glovebox to remove same.

Or drop into the dealership and ask them, it should take seconds.

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

Assuming it's the branding on your window film.

Rubbing alcohol (vodka) or any mild solvent should remove it.

There may be a small bottle of something in the glovebox to remove same.

Or drop into the dealership and ask them, it should take seconds.

Yeah I used rubbing alcohol and it rubbed right off.  Tried it in a concealed spot first and had no reaction.

I never understood, how so many people can drive the car with this prints (brandnames) on the window.

The first thing I told the sale person, that they removed the prints, as it is disturbing. But most cars I sit, they still have the prints on. They mostly not want take anything away, as they always told me.. it will look better not become dirty or scratched so fast. Then I see cars they are a few years old, the folie looks ugly and old but yes under that the screen or whatever still would be perfect. Only nobody will ever see it at the film will stick till they throw away the car (so what is the advantage of that, when you then never see the nice under the folie???)

15 hours ago, HampiK said:

I never understood, how so many people can drive the car with this prints (brandnames) on the window.

The first thing I told the sale person, that they removed the prints, as it is disturbing. But most cars I sit, they still have the prints on. They mostly not want take anything away, as they always told me.. it will look better not become dirty or scratched so fast. Then I see cars they are a few years old, the folie looks ugly and old but yes under that the screen or whatever still would be perfect. Only nobody will ever see it at the film will stick till they throw away the car (so what is the advantage of that, when you then never see the nice under the folie???)

Remember where we live ?

It says it all.

Well, there I have been driving around for the past 6 months with new tint on the windows, with the label of the brand on all sections of the windows, never bothered me, but now that I know a little alcohol can remove the brand name, I will drink to that ?

Archived