Timing of team’s discovery in cave was matter of luck: NYT

webfact

7 minutes ago, sambum said:

If the RTN Seals were so good, they wouldn't have needed any help, and I am sure that if they had any previous records of achievement in cave rescues it would have been trumpeted far and wide, and they would have deemed themselves to be totally capable of handling the situation themselves. For goodness sake, man. they asked the British divers to help because they had better knowledge of that particular cave than the Thais themselves!!!

I reckon a previous poster got it right about you - you're going on "Ignore" and as far as this post and you and I are concerned - :mfr_closed1: 

I would never dream of putting such free entertainment on ignore

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"...a well known troll round here".

I'm not sure who you're referring to but that's only the opinion, and a very weak cop-out, of those who have no rational argument to an opinion that differs from theirs and that makes more sense than theirs.

Here's an idea for you, if you think someone that disagrees with you is a troll why don't you report him, whoever he is, as trolling contravenes the forum rules?   

Here's an idea for you, mind your own business.

• Like 1

About 65,599,997 British people had nothing to do with what the three divers did in a cave in Thailand. Never understood how people who happen to have same passport feel entitled to claim some piece of achievements of others. Nationalism sucks.

I know who sucks with a comment like that! Saying that British Caver Divers are best in the world isn’t nationalism. Get over it !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, sambum said:

"A certain poster" needs to learn to read and engage his brain before making some of his comments:-

On 7/5/2018 at 11:01 AM, Just Weird said:

"They weren't "called in" , they volunteered."

The United States Pacific Command (PACOM) has sent a search-and-rescue team at the request of the Royal Thai government to assist in locating the group.

A certain poster then says he was referring to the British divers who weren't called in but volunteered - I've got news for him! (Everybody else seems to know!)

"The trio were were sent by the British Cave Rescue Council, who had been contacted by Thai authorities to come to the aid of the missing team."

Now he'll probably say that the Australians  and Chinese "volunteered"!

Don't worry about it too much, not sure if he is trolling or just a thicky, but he is not friendly at all and will argue till the cows come home, best just avoided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Jeez folks - time to give this 'sniping' a rest eh? PLEASE.

What you all are bitching about is not positive and not going to help the rescue or the rescuers! It is just 'self-centered one-upmanship' crap. :post-4641-1156693976:

I assumed with your history you'd have the hang of TVF by now.

Edited by grollies
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, grollies said:

I assumed with your history you'd have the hang of TVF by now.

I just thought I would look in on this again only to find the same crows crowing! Becomes non-productive and tiring. Who really cares if some rescuers were volunteers (and good on them) or were asked by Thai authorities for their assistance. They are all there doing their best to help rescue the kids. That is the ONLY important point.

Laa gawn. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lvr181 said:

I just thought I would look in on this again only to find the same crows crowing! Becomes non-productive and tiring. Who really cares if some rescuers were volunteers (and good on them) or were asked by Thai authorities for their assistance. They are all there doing their best to help rescue the kids. That is the ONLY important point.

Absolutely agree mate. I've given it a miss for a couple of days now as I couldn't bear to read all the BS comments.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lvr181 said:

I totally appreciate your standpoint - at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that the kids all come home safely, and it is tragic that one life has been lost already in the efforts to bring them all back safely to their families.

The thing that sticks in my craw is that certain posters seem to be belittling and denying the fact that Thailand actually asked for help in this situation. All credit to to the people in authority that realised that the Thais needed help and were not too proud, or arrogant to ask for it. It doesn't really matter whether it is a "loss of face" to ask for help when the end result means that lives are saved. What does matter (to me) is that certain posters are trying to make themselves "Brownie Points" by saying that the rescuers were not asked to help, that they volunteered their services, when the truth of the matter is that THAILAND ASKED FOR HELP, and that help was immediately and freely given. This has become an International rescue operation, and as such, the chances of it coming to a happy ending can only be better than if handled by the Thais alone. The best in the world have been asked for their help. which has been freely given, and has proved to be successful up to now, and hopefully will continue right up to a happy conclusion.

6 hours ago, lvr181 said:

What you all are bitching about is not positive and not going to help the rescue or the rescuers! It is just 'self-centered one-upmanship' crap. :post-4641-1156693976:

To be fair nothing posted on Thaivisa is going to help the rescuers or the rescue. Let's face it, they are not searching through the threads on this forum looking for solutions or moral support.

It's so stupid how people want to brag on one nation just because that diver found the team.   " Best cave diver in the World".  Blah blah blah.  How is this measured?   As if cave diving takes some super talent it something.  This probably said by a non diver too.  

Not everyone can handle being in a dry cave in tight quarters.  Cave exploring requires a certain mindset.

Doing it on scuba even more so.  Maybe these guys were in top physical shape to dive against the current.  They had the gear and experience.  So what.  It's not that hard it requires some special skill that most people couldn't do it.  Some divers just love cave diving and it is a small number of people but I bet there are thousands of qualified people who could have helped out.   Why can't we all start thinking like we live on one World? 

I do hope all the team makes it out safety.   I hope they don't rush things.  If it is better to wait 4 months then just do it. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1