Re entry visa

I was thinking of getting my re entry visa prior to my flight day at Suvarnibumi? (Swampy) airport. Is this possible and where is the Immigration Office dealing with this situated in the airport?

Thankyou

The re-entry permit desk is located after security just be before the departure immigration desks in immigration zone 2.

They charge a service fee of 200 baht if you don't have your TM8 form, photos and copies needed.

Info is in this topic.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The re-entry permit desk is located after security just be before the departure immigration desks in immigration zone 2.

They charge a service fee of 200 baht if you don't have your TM8 form, photos and copies needed.

Info is in this topic.

Thanks Ubonjoe. And wasn't there a discussion here on being pedantic about visa /permits. Come on glegolo. Everyone knows what I mean.

34 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Thanks Ubonjoe. And wasn't there a discussion here on being pedantic about visa /permits. Come on glegolo. Everyone knows what I mean.

I wrote it in order for you to learn, try.....

glegolo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

It is important to understand what you are really getting, which has absolutely nothing to do with visas. What you are getting is permission to leave and re-enter Thailand without disturbing your current permission to stay in the country. In fact, while I know what a re-entry permit is, I am not at all sure you do, and it is prudent to be very clear when answering your questions about what you are receiving.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It is important to understand what you are really getting, which has absolutely nothing to do with visas. What you are getting is permission to leave and re-enter Thailand without disturbing your current permission to stay in the country. In fact, while I know what a re-entry permit is, I am not at all you do, and it is prudent to be very clear when answering your questions about what you are receiving.

and I would add, that if you don't understand the stamps you are getting and the permissions they give to you, or not, you are heading for trouble, possible over stays and  eventual exclusion from the country.  Its just sensible to understand  and use the right terminology. How else do you know what to ask for?  It took me a while to understand the terms and differences, but I am glad that I took the trouble to learn. 

It doesn't, however, help the cause if even Immigration cannot get the terminology right. Immediately above the re-entry permit desk at BKK referred to by ubonjoe is a big notice proudly proclaiming that that is where you can obtain your RE-ENTRY VISA!

On 7/4/2018 at 2:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

Info is in this topic.

Do you happen to know where the Re-entry Permit location is at Don Mueang?

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

It doesn't, however, help the cause if even Immigration cannot get the terminology right. Immediately above the re-entry permit desk at BKK referred to by ubonjoe is a big notice proudly proclaiming that that is where you can obtain your RE-ENTRY VISA!

Not their first language, so they can be excused the odd mistake.  We would make the same type of mistakes if we tried to translate our stuff into Thai 

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Not their first language, so they can be excused the odd mistake.  We would make the same type of mistakes if we tried to translate our stuff into Thai 

True - but, there again, they did manage to include an accurate translation of the relevant terminology in the heading to the TM8 application form!

คำขออนุญำตเพื่อกลับเข้ำมำในรำชอำณำจักรอีก
APPLICATION FOR RE-ENTRY PERMIT TO RETURN INTO THE KINGDOM