Cheap public pools around Rama 4 / Ekamai (Bangkok)?

So I'll be having 2.5 hour breaks twice a week when the new semester starts. Going to the gym does get boring. And for the life of me, I can't just sit at the coffee lounge or cafeteria and eat and talk nonsense for 2.5 hours twice a week for a whole semester, like the Thais do. I would like to fill this gap with swimming. The problem is, the pool that I go to, in Benjasiri park, is having lunch break during this time slot. 

Does anyone know of a cheap (100 Baht or less per entry) pool around Rama 4 or Ekamai? Preferably one that is not 2 m deep. 

• Like 1

Look for สระว่ายน้ำบ้านกล้วย in google the pool is next to the science center for education  near Ekamai, should be 80 baht but the pool is deep

Edited by supremeville
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, supremeville said:

Look for สระว่ายน้ำบ้านกล้วย in google the pool is next to the science center for education  near Ekamai, should be 80 baht but the pool is deep

Yeah my friend goes there. He's 193 cm and even he can't stand in it lol

• Thanks 1

You seem to have a restless life... 2.5 hours is not that much to spend. Why not talk with your friends? Read something, a book, news etc. Listen to some music. Prepare yourself for study. Take a power nap.
I would reckon if you go somewhere outside you spend more time commuting, change clothing etc. than in the actual pool or at the gym.
Just my ideas...

On 7/7/2018 at 9:57 PM, Wake Up said:

Drinking coffee and talking 2.5 hours is what most expats do daily —-not Thais. Did you intend to insult 95 percent of expats living in Thailand??

Those are not expats, those are retirees. Now that we've cleared this up, let's go back to the topic. If you don't want to talk about pools, I'm sure there are more exciting threads for you.

On 7/8/2018 at 11:00 AM, CLW said:

You seem to have a restless life... 2.5 hours is not that much to spend. Why not talk with your friends? Read something, a book, news etc. Listen to some music. Prepare yourself for study. Take a power nap.
I would reckon if you go somewhere outside you spend more time commuting, change clothing etc. than in the actual pool or at the gym.
Just my ideas...

That's 2.5 hours a day, 2 or 3 days a week. For about 4 months. Now I'm not good at math, but I'd rather use that time to burn some calories than to just sit around consuming more calories. I can always have a lazy day and do exactly that if I want to, but I need to have a plan. Besides, have you ever tried chit chatting with a bunch of 20 year old Thais for 2.5 hrs a day, 2-3 times a week, for 16 weeks? The topics of som tam, "I want to sleep" and "I want to poop" does get boring after being repeated for the 300th time. 

• Like 1

That's 2.5 hours a day, 2 or 3 days a week. For about 4 months. Now I'm not good at math, but I'd rather use that time to burn some calories than to just sit around consuming more calories. I can always have a lazy day and do exactly that if I want to, but I need to have a plan. Besides, have you ever tried chit chatting with a bunch of 20 year old Thais for 2.5 hrs a day, 2-3 times a week, for 16 weeks? The topics of som tam, "I want to sleep" and "I want to poop" does get boring after being repeated for the 300th time. 
Counting the useless time and like to have a plan.

You will have a great time enjoying to study in Thailand. Tell us when you get your first meltdown or you cancel your studies and go back!

Just telling you from someone who has 4 years experience of studying in Thailand.

Anyway, I wish you good luck!

PS: It will always help you to rephrase the following things on your mind:
TiT, this is Thailand
I am not crazy
Mai pen rai

1 minute ago, CLW said:

Counting the useless time and like to have a plan.

You will have a great time enjoying to study in Thailand. Tell us when you get your first meltdown or you cancel your studies and go back!

Just telling you from someone who has 4 years experience of studying in Thailand.

Anyway, I wish you good luck!

PS: It will always help you to rephrase the following things on your mind:
TiT, this is Thailand
I am not crazy
Mai pen rai

I would have had a meltdown a long time ago if it weren't for my German friend who does everything with me, even group works. We just filter the useless lazy dummies and never agree to work with them. I have the German efficiency and that's why i seem "restless" to you. I rest when I'm at home. I compartmentalize my time. And yes, I plan. And yes, Thailand makes me go crazy because there is no rhyme or reason to anything. No logic. Or more like their logic is not like our logic. I'm just learning to bite my tongue everyday and avoid telling people how things are supposed to go.

15 hours ago, NoMeAmes said:

I would have had a meltdown a long time ago if it weren't for my German friend who does everything with me, even group works. We just filter the useless lazy dummies and never agree to work with them. I have the German efficiency and that's why i seem "restless" to you. I rest when I'm at home. I compartmentalize my time. And yes, I plan. And yes, Thailand makes me go crazy because there is no rhyme or reason to anything. No logic. Or more like their logic is not like our logic. I'm just learning to bite my tongue everyday and avoid telling people how things are supposed to go.

Wow. The arrogance.  Go back home.

• Thanks 1