Sim for travel to Malaysia and Cambodia

Pinot

I use AIS here in Thailand. We're going to visit KL, then Phnom Penh on a 10-day vacation. What's the best thing to do to have phone and Internet? Come to think of it, I just need Internet.  Different sims for each place?

Buy a local SIM.

Otherwise if you want to be up and running as soon as you land; http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/sim2fly/en/

399 baht. 4GB over 8 days. Data extendable. 1 GB over 2 days or 4 GB over 8 days. 119 & 299 baht respectively.

I suggest that you buy the basic 50 baht SIM2fly SIM and top it up with credit and only apply the relevant package when you arrive at your destination or at least just before you fly.

Otherwise be careful not to activate the already loaded SIM when you buy them, as the data validity will begin when you activate the SIM.

You can divert calls from your usual AIS number to the new SIM2fly SIM

26 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Buy a local SIM.

Otherwise if you want to be up and running as soon as you land; http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/sim2fly/en/

399 baht. 4GB over 8 days. Data extendable. 1 GB over 2 days or 4 GB over 8 days. 119 & 299 baht respectively.

I suggest that you buy the basic 50 baht SIM2fly SIM and top it up with credit and only apply the relevant package when you arrive at your destination or at least just before you fly.

Otherwise be careful not to activate the already loaded SIM when you buy them, as the data validity will begin when you activate the SIM.

You can divert calls from your usual AIS number to the new SIM2fly SIM

Thank you very much! After I posted I checked the AIS website and thought it was going to cost 2000 baht to roam. Didn't see this option. Again, thanks.

Archived