15 provinces warned of heavy rain, high waves during July 7-12

rooster59

15 provinces warned of heavy rain, high waves during July 7-12

21.png

People in 15 provinces along the coasts of the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand should remain on high alert for possible high waves, inshore surges, heavy rain and flash floods during July 7-12, Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department director-general Chayapol Thitisak said on Saturday (July 7).

The 15 provinces are Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Rayong, Chon Buri, Chanthaburi, Trat, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Phatthalung, Ranong, Phangnga, Phuket, Krabi, Trang and Satun.

Mr Chayapol said, citing an announcement of the Thai Meteorological Department, during July 7-12 the strong southwest monsoon will prevail across the Andaman Sea, the South and the Gulf of Thailand. This will lead to isolated heavy rain in the South and possible flash floods.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/15-provinces-warned-heavy-rain-high-waves-july-7-12/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-07-07

I have looked on here and on the Phuket forum but can find no mention of possibly 50+ Chinese tourists drowning near Phuket.

Can anybody suggest where I should be looking.??

1 hour ago, rott said:

I have looked on here and on the Phuket forum but can find no mention of possibly 50+ Chinese tourists drowning near Phuket.

I checked the first 4 pages of the news but there's nothing about the drowning in Phuket.

More than 50 people have died there but the focus is on the soccerteam in the cave, nobody seems to care for what happens on sea.

10 minutes ago, Thian said:

I checked the first 4 pages of the news but there's nothing about the drowning in Phuket.

More than 50 people have died there but the focus is on the soccerteam in the cave, nobody seems to care for what happens on sea.

Phuket forum has latest news in Phuket https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/130-phuket-news/

Edited by Julie H
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, rott said:

Bad for tourism. They want this to go away without to much exposure 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Knocker33 said:

Bad for tourism. They want this to go away without to [sic] much exposure 

And of course "they" have total control over what is or is not reported internationally and domestically.