First two boys RESCUED from Tham Luang cave -

Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

Important  to  you. To the  majority  details  on  method  can  remain  in  the academic background at  this  time.

I think to the majority it's just a soap opera. Doubt anybody here actually knows the kids. You know it's a media event when Trump tweets about it.

How many of these cave rescues happen yearly in Thailand without so much as a mention? This one happened to go viral.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Perhaps that's physically impossible. Perhaps the divers need to rest, I'm pretty sure the slightest laps in concentration could end in a fatality.

I doubt that. They're on a roll and they're on an adrenaline high. I don't think any of these divers want to sleep or could sleep until they're all out. There are a lot of drivers who are taking turns.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, atyclb said:

very happy to hear this.

one caveat though about straight to the hospital;  hospitals can be dangerous places because they are local epicenters of communicable disease. hospital acquired infections are common.

they might make otherwise healthy boys into sick ones

Sowow!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Well, they probably know more than you do.

They were showing an infographic taken from a Chinese news website with the water flowing the wrong direction the other day, so I wouldn't rely on them too much if I were you.

• Sad 1

ok, news conference says, 4 at CR hospital, the rest still where they sit. Reports of 6 out, not true. They now have to reload supplies of air, food, and whatever.  10-20 hours of work, they say.   then will begin operations and another successful outcome .......      Hope it doesn't pour down in the mean time.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

And you know this how exactly? Has this not gone exactly as planned by the divers? Please tell us more details.

Get your own details from news reports and work it out for yourself. That's where I get mine from and they are usually wrong.

14 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Mrs C tells me that the official figure (announced at the press briefing) is 4 rescued so far.

Correct, Gov announced only 4. No mention of the other 2.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Histoplasmosis is one big worry, especially since the cave (like most caves here)  is known to have bats

That's what I thought of first. Every cave I've been in in LOS has bats and the floor is covered in their poop. I just wonder if they are so far underground, as it's a long way to fly to the exit, and cut off in the rainy season. However, there must be lots of insect life in any cave.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

would you like tell us how many flooded cave rescues there each year in Thailand - or maybe even for the world - give you something worthwhile to investigate.

Interesting thing actually. Western media might do a follow-up, in here I seriously doubt they'll bother. But given the amount of caves and maibpenrai, the probability is high this happens every rainy season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's what I thought of first. Every cave I've been in in LOS has bats and the floor is covered in their poop. I just wonder if they are so far underground, as it's a long way to fly to the exit, and cut off in the rainy season. However, there must be lots of insect life in any cave.

Another report I saw mentioned fungi, for which a damp cave is prime territory, and whose spores are likely to be accidentally inhaled, with bad results.

• Like 2