First two boys RESCUED from Tham Luang cave -

11 minutes ago, Spock said:

But their names haven't been suppressed. Nor the names of their schools. Their correspondence with their parents has been open to the public. And the identity of the first two has been revealed. Won't take long for the media to put two and two together or 4 and 9.

Thank you, yes we already knew what school, the names of the lads, soccer team etc. BUT it was stated many days ago, that the names of the boys extracted in turn, first to last, should NOT be released to media.  But I guess the jubilation of the success thus far has negated that possibility.   

From where the names of the lads extracted and are in CR hospital were released, Im not sure. 

Can you tell me where ?

Can you enlighten me with the names of the lads already in CR? can you tell me who I am gonna sit up all night and worry about now? 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Spock said:

How many of the divers are American? I have only really heard a lot about the Australian and English divers. Trust Trump to try and take the credit. 

Apparently some, but who is keeping score?

21 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Still seems to be a conflict in information between the Guardian and local news. Local news is still saying there are 2 boys in Chamber 3.

That was 2 hours ago so the facts could have changed since then.

1 minute ago, chrisinth said:

Still seems to be a conflict in information between the Guardian and local news. Local news is still saying there are 2 boys in Chamber 3.

That was 2 hours ago so the facts could have changed since then.

But why would the boys be left in chamber 3 rather than bring them out? 

7 minutes ago, Easy Come Easy Go said:

I'm going to voice my opinion here, I think it's a valid point nobody is mentioning. 
The adult of the group, the leader. Surely he is accountable for those kids. If you had a kid that went with him, your son, and that son was stuck in a cave for the duration and could possibly die, wouldn't you hold him accountable? On top of that, someone has died because of this, not to mention the monetary cost. I dunno, I don't see why people aren't looking at him in all of this, he was the only adult and thus the guardian of the kids.

If I had a kid in this situation, after literally losing days of sleep wondering the heck that son was, fearing the worse, I would be majorly pi55ed at the adult in the situation, that's for sure 

I disagree, but since neither of us has a kid in the cave, guess we'll have to leave it up to those who do...and the authorities. Had the kids just entered themselves, without an adult, as I think they have before...would it be fitting to blame the eldest? People are naturally adventurous and curious...especially kids. I certainly was/am.  

There is a possibility that these kids would not have survived the ordeal had they been on their own. The guy seems like a stand up dude, who put the kids needs first and taught them survival skills. Surely he is remorseful for (allegedly) making a bad decision and putting the kids in danger...but it certainly wasn't intentional and he obviously cares deeply about his team. Besides, he is only 25 y.o., so maybe some leniency and understanding would be best. 

4 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

Some people here only read the breaking news threads. I have never seen any other threads regarding who was to blame.

Well take a moment out of your day and access all threads associated with this topic. I have followed this ordeal closely. There is a couple of threads specifically on what you are looking for.   Some posters very negative, some very supportive towards Coach Ek.  At the end of the day, this is not the tread for blame. Its for live updates and a positive outcome.

Cheers mate 

4 minutes ago, Spock said:

But why would the boys be left in chamber 3 rather than bring them out?

Still some diving to do after chamber 3 , right ? Maybe they needed to rest . 

1 minute ago, GBW said:

Well take a moment out of your day and access all threads associated with this topic. I have followed this ordeal closely. There is a couple of threads specifically on what you are looking for.   Some posters very negative, some very supportive towards Coach Ek.  At the end of the day, this is not the tread for blame. Its for live updates and a positive outcome.

Cheers mate 

To be honest, I'm not particularly interested in the whole thing. I don't have a TV and rarely read the news. 

We are not all retired here with lots of free time on our hands.

10 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

I disagree, but since neither of us has a kid in the cave, guess we'll have to leave it up to those who do...and the authorities. Had the kids just entered themselves, without an adult, as I think they have before...would it be fitting to blame the eldest? People are naturally adventurous and curious...especially kids. I certainly was/am.  

There is a possibility that these kids would not have survived the ordeal had they been on their own. The guy seems like a stand up dude, who put the kids needs first and taught them survival skills. Surely he is remorseful for (allegedly) making a bad decision and putting the kids in danger...but it certainly wasn't intentional and he obviously cares deeply about his team. Besides, he is only 25 y.o., so maybe some leniency and understanding would be best. 

According to I think a BBC report the boys went in there to engrave their names on a wall at the rear of the cave as part of an initiation for the soccer team. I must admit I don't really have a problem with kids enjoying a bit of adventure and fun, particularly given how stiflingly uncreative and serious the Thai education system can be. As you say, let those most affected and the authorities decide whether anyone needs to be held responsible for what happened. At this stage it's all about the courage, cooperation and skill of the rescue. The rest can wait.

4 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

To be honest, I'm not particularly interested in the whole thing. I don't have a TV and rarely read the news. 

Hmmm, this is not the thread for you. !! and if your "'not particularly interested"  go away.  Oh by the way, far from retirm............................. of fkm why do I bother with you.

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I have no words...

?

But we must still keep fingers tightly crossed for the remainder of them, they likely started with the fittest

My wife and I sat at a noodle soup place with a TV showing these fantastic the news. We both had tears in our eyes and are so happy to hear that all went well. 

3 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

There are many other threads and the sole purpose of this one is as stated to follow events as they happen rather than dwell on the details. I guess while there is a bit of downtime in the operation questions can be asked and issues debated, but best not done here. Some of the other threads are full of self opinionated nonsense anyway, and if you are not really interested anyway, why bother searching elsewhere. It's Sunday, so no doubt many expats have more freetime than usual. Plus some of us have found the whole episode quite riveting, hence the interest in the success of today's operation. It will be great to see them all brought safely out. I have been captivated by it since the first film of the 2 Brits emerging from the water and the kids reaction of heartfelt gratitude at being found.

19 minutes ago, balo said:

Still some diving to do after chamber 3 , right ? Maybe they needed to rest . 

I thought they walk out from chamber 3? Isn't that the seal base? Maybe I need to reexamine one of those diagrams. 

I hope that all involved in this rescue, the boys their coach and the rescue personnel, come out unharmed and with a story that they'll be able to get free beer for the rest of their lives.

AS for the conflicting accounts, then it is just hte usual state of affairs with a rapidly developing situation and multiple people (who only have part of the picture, time delayed information or both) being interviewed by multiple reporters and journalists plus various bloggers and netizens.

12 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

My wife and I sat at a noodle soup place with a TV showing these fantastic the news. We both had tears in our eyes and are so happy to hear that all went well. 

Not bad at all considering you had pretty much written them off for dead by June 30th.

I waded through all the posts but miss something important: if four boys are out and two others are in chamber #3 (why are they still there?), is the rest then still at the same place where they were discovered? That means there are still 6 boys and the coach who have to pass through that dangerous 70 cm wide underwater passage which seems to be the most dangerous part of the entire journey. My understanding was that all 13 would go through that small passage today. Maybe someone knows an answer, afaik the powers to be haven't said anything about this.

A wonderful example of sheer human will, determination, cooperation, bravery and ingenuity overcoming adversity.

If only we could apply this kind of mentality in helping each other when it comes to religious and ethnic differences the world would be such a better place.

I'm hoping to hear good news soon when all 13 are safely evacuated including the rescuers.

4 minutes ago, Dario said:

I waded through all the posts but miss something important: if four boys are out and two others are in chamber #3 (why are they still there?), is the rest then still at the same place where they were discovered? That means there are still 6 boys and the coach who have to pass through that dangerous 70 cm wide underwater passage which seems to be the most dangerous part of the entire journey. My understanding was that all 13 would go through that small passage today. Maybe someone knows an answer, afaik the powers to be haven't said anything about this.

There was no plan to get them all out in the same day, I think I read somewhere (or my wife said from the news) that they would take 3 days to make sure it was done safely.

6 minutes ago, smileydude said:

Is he referring to the personnel sent from USPACOM?  If he is he should tweet about thanking them for their service and not imply credit to his Presidency which it kind of sounds like.

The <deleted> probably thinks it is the US navy seals, not Thai.

12 minutes ago, Dario said:

As far as I understand the location where they were found is one of the few in that cave that didn't flood.

Everything between that place and the exit flooded, so with the current rains, i doubt they would relocate them to any other place than where they were found.

4 hours ago, GBW said:

wrong thread for this, you nit wits, bicker elsewhere. Be positive, there is still a long way to go and this one is all about a positive outcome.

'nit wits' ........God! Allan! I havent heard that for donkey's years! U must be really ancient.....?.

4 hours ago, BwindiBoy said:

BBC News just said they started with the STRONGEST first.

Update: The local reporter has just confirmed, as you said, WEAKEST first - based on assessment by doctors.

Well that is what was reported here at the beginning of this thread. Reread to see who was reporting it.

42 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Not bad at all considering you had pretty much written them off for dead by June 30th.

I was very worried about the low oxygen levels and really appreciate how the rescue operation has now developed. I was so wrong to think that they had not enough time and oxygen to make it to a safe place. 

It's truly amazing to see guys from the UK, US and other countries working as one team. I take my hat off. 

Archived