First two boys RESCUED from Tham Luang cave -

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dumbastheycome said:

Important  to  you. To the  majority  details  on  method  can  remain  in  the academic background at  this  time.

I think to the majority it's just a soap opera. Doubt anybody here actually knows the kids. You know it's a media event when Trump tweets about it.

How many of these cave rescues happen yearly in Thailand without so much as a mention? This one happened to go viral.

6 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Perhaps that's physically impossible. Perhaps the divers need to rest, I'm pretty sure the slightest laps in concentration could end in a fatality.

I doubt that. They're on a roll and they're on an adrenaline high. I don't think any of these divers want to sleep or could sleep until they're all out. There are a lot of drivers who are taking turns.

4 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

So anything and everything that is or has been reported about this operation by channel 5 should be taken as fact? Is that what you are saying?

I merely reported facts and a link. As to the veracity of channel 5's reporting, that is up to you. But, as someone rightly said, they surely know more than you.

20 minutes ago, atyclb said:

very happy to hear this.

one caveat though about straight to the hospital;  hospitals can be dangerous places because they are local epicenters of communicable disease. hospital acquired infections are common.

they might make otherwise healthy boys into sick ones

Sowow!

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

Excellent news and to be honest about time, can we all now have/say/think a collective prayer/thought/moment of silence for the 40+ souls that lost their lives in a storm off the coast of Phucket which the whole planet seems to have just glossed over !! Disgusting state of affairs.

Well if the rest of the planet is like here, nobody knows about it. I had no idea until my wife mentioned it in passing. I pop onto Thai Visa to get an idea of main world stories and main Thai stories and then follow up online from there. But even on here the event only made the local news page. Why would I check 'Phuket local news' when I have nothing to do with the place. Save your outrage for the right folks for the right reasons.

Just now, DrTuner said:

I think to the majority it's just a soap opera. Doubt anybody here actually knows the kids. You know it's a media event when Trump tweets about it.

How many of these cave rescues happen yearly in Thailand without so much as a mention? This one happened to go viral.

k.Maybe  so.  But  do I need to   know personally  any to care?  I  have   children . 

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Guess it didn't favor the diver that drowned the other day...?

it is great news , so why dont you just crawl under your rock where you came from and let everyone be happy .

5 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Well, they probably know more than you do.

They were showing an infographic taken from a Chinese news website with the water flowing the wrong direction the other day, so I wouldn't rely on them too much if I were you.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

I doubt that. They're on a roll and they're on an adrenaline high. I don't think any of these divers want to sleep or could sleep until they're all out. There are a lot of drivers who are taking turns.

More likely a logistic problem, only so many can assemble at the end and while the first kids are coming out - no one can enter - one way traffic .

ok, news conference says, 4 at CR hospital, the rest still where they sit. Reports of 6 out, not true. They now have to reload supplies of air, food, and whatever.  10-20 hours of work, they say.   then will begin operations and another successful outcome .......      Hope it doesn't pour down in the mean time.   

6 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

So anything and everything that is or has been reported about this operation by channel 5 should be taken as fact? Is that what you are saying?

what is the matter with you? 

Every time somebody lays the facts nicely for you,  you grouse off on another tangent. 

You sure you staying in Thailand? 

The army would of course give it's own TV channel the exclusive first. 

Go away troll

2 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

And you know this how exactly? Has this not gone exactly as planned by the divers? Please tell us more details.

Get your own details from news reports and work it out for yourself. That's where I get mine from and they are usually wrong.

They will all come out, simply because so many people have wished it so, it is called United Consciousness. It has a great power. Thank you everyone that their suffering has come to an end 

12 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

would you like tell us how many flooded cave rescues there are each year in Thailand - or maybe even for the world - give you something worthwhile to investigate.

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

In the words of  John Volanthem himself.

“The flight response now isn’t always appropriate,” he said. “Panic and adrenaline are great in certain situations, but not in cave-diving. The last thing you want is any adrenaline whatsoever.”

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/07/03/british-divers-bring-rare-experience-to-thai-cave-drama-but-leave-adrenaline-at-home/

I think if the dive teams are still fit enough they should continue moving the boys. The news is fantastic so far but you know what it is like, the dive teams will be totally frakked in the morning. As long as what ever decision they make is the safest one I guess. All very tense. The rescuers ALL deserve medals. So far it is nothing short of a miracle that 6 out of 6 have been brought out alive. Definitely a movie in the making.

14 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Mrs C tells me that the official figure (announced at the press briefing) is 4 rescued so far.

Correct, Gov announced only 4. No mention of the other 2.

30 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Histoplasmosis is one big worry, especially since the cave (like most caves here)  is known to have bats

That's what I thought of first. Every cave I've been in in LOS has bats and the floor is covered in their poop. I just wonder if they are so far underground, as it's a long way to fly to the exit, and cut off in the rainy season. However, there must be lots of insect life in any cave.

Just now, Andaman Al said:

That is so depressing. How can international media be saying 6?

The report of 6 is coming from local media and multiple sources. Last I heard, #5 and #6 were in chamber 3. Possibly they have not yet exited the mouth of the cave so nto announced for that reason?

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

would you like tell us how many flooded cave rescues there each year in Thailand - or maybe even for the world - give you something worthwhile to investigate.

Interesting thing actually. Western media might do a follow-up, in here I seriously doubt they'll bother. But given the amount of caves and maibpenrai, the probability is high this happens every rainy season.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's what I thought of first. Every cave I've been in in LOS has bats and the floor is covered in their poop. I just wonder if they are so far underground, as it's a long way to fly to the exit, and cut off in the rainy season. However, there must be lots of insect life in any cave.

Another report I saw mentioned fungi, for which a damp cave is prime territory, and whose spores are likely to be accidentally inhaled, with bad results.

Archived