First two boys RESCUED from Tham Luang cave -

13 minutes ago, tropo said:

I doubt that. They're on a roll and they're on an adrenaline high. I don't think any of these divers want to sleep or could sleep until they're all out. There are a lot of drivers who are taking turns.

Even just resting helps. No one can keep going forever in a stressful situation. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FIFA World Cup 2018 should be dedicated to the Wild Boars Football Club for winning the greatest contest of all: life versus death. Overcoming their fears and choosing to fight on despite all odds. 

The team and the countless heroes instrumental in their rescue are all a testament to the strength of the human spirit and what can happen when everyone works together.   

17 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Excellent news and to be honest about time, can we all now have/say/think a collective prayer/thought/moment of silence for the 40+ souls that lost their lives in a storm off the coast of Phucket which the whole planet seems to have just glossed over !! Disgusting state of affairs.

What does it help to dwell on bad news? The 40+ are dead unfortunately, our praying or silence will not help them.

Let's focus on the positive and what makes us hope. Like the boys in Tam Luang.

And if you think you have to care for every death and catastrophe in the world - there would be no time left for eating and sleeping. And whom does it help if you keep your emotions down by following all the bad news? Not saying you shouldn't help if you can.

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Interesting thing actually. Western media might do a follow-up, in here I seriously doubt they'll bother. But given the amount of caves and maibpenrai, the probability is high this happens every rainy season.

Facts please - not guess work..

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even just resting helps. No one can keep going forever in a stressful situation. 

The load is being shared by a lot of divers, so I'm sure rest is being factored into the rescue plan.

Press conference explained that need to restock the cave with oxygen /air cylinders  before they can bring out more kids. (I think they are using O2 to raise the O2 level, air tanks for the dives?)

So the work will continue during the night but positioning all the supplies needed for bringing more out

The success of today's effort owes a lot to the precise planning and meticulous preparation

They've run a tight ship. Very impressive.

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

1 minute ago

For the sake of clarity press conference that just ended states that 4 boys (not 6) as reported earlier on Thai TV have reached Chiang Rai hospital. Two others out but not yet arrived at hospital.

From what I have seen elsewhere the other 2 may still be at Chamber 3 and might spend the night there. But this is not totally clear..

2 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

What does it help to dwell on bad news? The 40+ are dead unfortunately, our praying or silence will not help them.

Let's focus on the positive and what makes us hope. Like the boys in Tam Luang.

And if you think you have to care for every death and catastrophe in the world - there would be no time left for eating and sleeping. And whom does it help if you keep your emotions down by following all the bad news? Not saying you shouldn't help ic you can.

Correct,  those poor people are / were already dead - just another preventable disaster in Thailand, whereas these kids were still alive and saveable.  

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh please! The many subforums that deal with life in LOS, like the housing, DIY and all the other subforums are for information, not entertainment. Just because you only go on certain subforums doesn't mean that ALL of TVF is for entertainment. TVF is a marvellous resource for those in need of help and advice.

I certainly would not characterize this particular thread as "entertainment".

It is people who sincerely care about these boys coming together anxiously and eagerly to share news.

Those wanting entertainment, plenty of other sub-forums for it. Not here, not now.

15 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

From what I can gather from various sources the other 9 boys will be rescued within 10 hours.

15 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

From what I can gather from various sources the other 9 boys will be rescued within 10 hours.

stands to reason, drivers have to reach then first - prep. them and start the return trip. 

Just now, Sheryl said:

I certainly would not characterize this particular thread as "entertainment".

It is people who sincerely care about these boys coming together anxiously and eagerly to share news.

Those wanting entertainment, plenty of other sub-forums for it. Not here, not now.

Well said. Absolutely right. Thaivisa has performed magnificently today - and kept us all very well informed. An excellent job indeed. Thank you to Sheryl and all the other great posters!

14 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The success of today's effort owes a lot to the precise planning and meticulous preparation

They've run a tight ship. Very impressive.

As you say, very impressive ...professional ! they deserve to rest 

2 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

The big question now is which 4 boys got rescued and who is still in the cave?

Why...do you know them personally? Good news is some are already out and remaining others will be extracted ASAP. 

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

someone expressing empathy and sadness for the fallen rescue diver is told to crawl under the rock he/she came from

nice and also nice those who liked your statement

if you look at the name of the poster, the comment was a reasonable reply in kind, especially in the way the post was presented. 

46 minutes ago, cmsally said:
49 minutes ago, atyclb said:

not at all a negative comment. actually a highly relevant and factual applicable one based on concern.   

while you are on the barstool order another drink

According to reports they go straight to the 8th floor of the hospital which has been completely sterilised.

much thanks for a rational applicable response to my real world concerns.

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Pressonitis is a killer. 

The feeling of "I can keep on forever" sadly kills more people than those who say "we need a break".

1 minute ago, Shoho said:

I recommend they take a look at these Chinese owned and managed tour companies employing local Thai's that are apparently cutting corners.

That is on the Phuket forum, this is the cave rescue topic.

Archived