Couple charged over massage shop prostitution

geovalin

Phnom Penh Municipal Court on Saturday charged a couple with offering sex services in massage shop in Tuol Kork district. Major Keo Virak, a police officer with the Anti-Human Trafficking and Juvenile Protection department, said Sok Sam Nang, 38, and his wife Leng Mom, 41, were arrested on Thursday night during a raid on the Bath Dai Leap Samnang massage shop in Tuol Kork district’s Phsar Depo II commune.

“They were operating a traditional massage shop, but allowed the masseuses to have sex with clients for between $20 to $30,” he said. “They deducted between $5 to $10 per client as commission.” “When police raided the shop, some of the masseuses were having sex with their clients in the rooms,” he added.

He said police found ten masseuses who were sex workers, four of whom were underage. Police also seized evidence such as the names of guests who had sex and used and unused condoms from the rooms.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50509603/couple-charged-over-massage-shop-prostitution/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 09/07

I live in Pattaya, and I've never heard of such a thing involving Massage establishments also offering sex services. Just go up North 2nd road and see that these establishments are strictly for relaxing massages.

7 hours ago, phycokiller said:

I feel so much safer

What did you think saving four underage girls from prostitution had to do with your safety?  From a few of the posts here one would have to assume that not everyone cares about the plight of children and are quite happy to see them groomed into prostitution.

32 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

What did you think saving four underage girls from prostitution had to do with your safety?  From a few of the posts here one would have to assume that not everyone cares about the plight of children and are quite happy to see them groomed into prostitution.

I very much doubt they were children

22 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

It is reported above that they were underage, they are either of legal age or are children, there is no other classification. 

there are actually. there are quite a few, both legally and physically 

Edited by phycokiller

43 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

there are actually. there are quite a few, both legally and physically 

Not in prostitution there aren't, its either legal age or child prostitution. 

Child prostitution is prostitution involving a child, and it is a form of commercial sexual exploitation of children. The term normally refers to prostitution of a minor, or person under the legal age of consent.

Great of you to come to the defence of child prostitution, but only the ones who look old for their age, right?

Edited by Kieran00001
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Not in prostitution there aren't, its either legal age or child prostitution. 

Great of you to come to the defence of child prostitution, but only the ones who look old for their age, right?

so according to your definition its legal for children to have sex in most countries as long as they dont accept money?

so according to your definition its legal for children to have sex in most countries as long as they dont accept money?
Strange comment! Countries have a legal age of consent for that. But when money is involved consent is irrelevant if the prostitute is underage. Under 18s cannot consent to being paid for sex.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

How did you work that one out?

if its legal to have sex when you are 16 but its illegal to be paid for it till you are 18, as is the case in many countries, then by your definition anyone under 18 is a child, so if you have sex with a 16-18 year old you are legally having sex with a child, using your definition

21 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

if its legal to have sex when you are 16 but its illegal to be paid for it till you are 18, as is the case in many countries, then by your definition anyone under 18 is a child, so if you have sex with a 16-18 year old you are legally having sex with a child, using your definition

By your twisted logic everyone over the age of 11 is an adult because in Nigeria that is the age of consent.  The age of consent is low in some countries to avoid turning teenagers into sex offenders, it is not for you so that you can have sex with kids.

20 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

By your twisted logic everyone over the age of 11 is an adult because in Nigeria that is the age of consent.  The age of consent is low in some countries to avoid turning teenagers into sex offenders, it is not for you so that you can have sex with kids.

thats not my twisted logic, its yours. my point is that in the real world there is a very big difference between a one year old and 17 year old. 

34 minutes ago, phycokiller said:

thats not my twisted logic, its yours. my point is that in the real world there is a very big difference between a one year old and 17 year old. 

Of course there is a difference between a one year old and a 17 year old, are you saying there is no difference between a 15 year old and a 19 year old?  That is the difference in law between consensual sex and legal prostitution in Thailand.  I used Nigeria as an example, just as you were using a third country as an example, what ever country has 16 as the age is of as little relevance as Nigeria with their 11 year age of consent.