Sushi buffet

janclaes47

As per topic title, where in Pattaya or surroundings is the best Sushi buffet?

Not looking for the cheapest one, but the best quality/price option.

Also my quest is specifically for a all you can eat Sushi buffet, not a Japanese restaurant where you order a la carte.

I dont know of anything that completely fits your description.

Personally I much prefer sashimi over sushi, and most places - up-market hotels for the most part - I know of include sushi and/or sashimi as part of a much wider international selection, which suits me much better as I would get bored with just sushi. But maybe Oishi in The Avenue and also in Central would suit you.

Otherwise Tsunami (3rd Road, and Chaiyapreuk/Sukumvit) but that's "order what you want from the menu for an all-inclusive price" rather than a traditional buffet.

8 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I dont know of anything that completely fits your description.

Personally I much prefer sashimi over sushi, and most places - up-market hotels for the most part - I know of include sushi and/or sashimi as part of a much wider international selection, which suits me much better as I would get bored with just sushi. But maybe Oishi in The Avenue and also in Central would suit you.

Otherwise Tsunami (3rd Road, and Chaiyapreuk/Sukumvit) but that's "order what you want from the menu for an all-inclusive price" rather than a traditional buffet.

I'm aware of Tsunami, and it's a Sushi buffet, but at 599 Baht for 90 minutes i hoped there would be better deals around.

image.png.a34651f398e78db3e91dfb4124c79278.png

Used to be a quality Sushi buffet in Soi Nerm plebwan at 500 Baht, but it closed 6 months or so ago.

Not familiar with Sashimi, so will have to look it up.

21 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Sashimi is basically sushi without the rice.

I doubt that it would be possible to find a quality sashimi place at under 500B. Sushi would be much easier to find at that price.

forget the hotel name but its in soi 2 a bit down the road from the marriot. They did a

28 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I'm aware of Tsunami, and it's a Sushi buffet, but at 599 Baht for 90 minutes i hoped there would be better deals around.

image.png.a34651f398e78db3e91dfb4124c79278.png

Used to be a quality Sushi buffet in Soi Nerm plebwan at 500 Baht, but it closed 6 months or so ago.

Is it the price or you feel 90 mins is not long enough to swallow a whole tuna?

Just now, KittenKong said:

Sashimi is basically sushi without the rice.

I doubt that it would be possible to find a quality sashimi place at under 500B. Sushi would be much easier to find at that price.

Understand that below 500 baht would be pushing it, and probably low quality, but that is still 18% less than Tsunami.

I found a few reviews of the Oishi restaurant which seem to serve sashimi and sushi, and get good reviews.

Currently at 589+vat, and a 15 % discount with BAY CC posted on their website but all in Thai language, so not sure yet if this goes for the buffet.

Did you try Oishi?

11 hours ago, BangkokSausage said:

forget the hotel name but its in soi 2 a bit down the road from the marriot. They did a

I was going to say the same thing- Sushi gets a little bit boring after you have eaten a few , Sashimi a bit lighter - but I doubt really good quality Sashimi would be available at a buffet. 

OP go for quality not quantity- there are some upmarket Japanese restaurants around . 

I've never enjoyed making sushi an entire meal, either.  To me, it's okay as an appetizer, but enough is enough.  Even when I lived in Tokyo and friends would take me to (expensive) sushi restaurants, I never really felt like I had a meal.

3 hours ago, peterb17 said:

I was going to say the same thing- Sushi gets a little bit boring after you have eaten a few , Sashimi a bit lighter - but I doubt really good quality Sashimi would be available at a buffet. 

OP go for quality not quantity- there are some upmarket Japanese restaurants around . 

Try the Mantra for Sunday Brunch--all the sashimi or sushi you want PLUS King Crab, Wagyu Steak, Chocolate and Fruit Fondue fountain and loads of Seafood and Roasts, other Japanese, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Italian, and Mediterranean foods; only B2000. No need to have that empty feeling. 

On 7/9/2018 at 5:44 PM, BangkokSausage said:

I don't like feeling rushed when eating. 90 mins gives the feeling that you need to pile it in and then leave. If the place is busy, waiting time cuts down further on your eating time. In addition, one has no idea as to the quality of the product without spending 599 baht to find out.

You cannot even see it beforehand. Plus, drinks are extra.

Not for me. I prefer to go to ANEGO to get decent food and stay as long as I like.

Overall, this kind of thing is a bit crap in Thailand. Time limits. Drinks being extra.

D'Maris in Vietnam blows anything that Thailand has to offer in that vein, clean out of the water.

For a similar price, (around 500 - 680 baht dependent on lunch/dinner/weekend) there are no time limits, drinks such as fresh coconut water and sugar cane juice are included. The selection of food puts most anything Thailand has to offer to shame. 

I've spent a good four hours there, taking my time to sample the foods that I wanted, without feeling the need to eat as much as I could.

Oishi Grand in Bangkok is about the minimum standard for a decent quality east Asian buffet and that is double the price and has a time limit. 

Archived