Heroes one and all: Thai media hails seven British divers key in cave rescue

snoop1130

3 hours ago, neeray said:

Good that you set the record straight. Even better if you tweeted this correct info to donald trump so that he doesn't (purposely) twist the facts in an effort to rewrite history in an attempt to claim the rescue for America.

He was a bit tardy (or retarded) in entering the picture, perhaps only once it was showing signs of success.

Salute to the Brits and Australian, the rightful heroes of this rescue along with their awesome, multi-national support team.

"All for one and one for all" made it a success.

That's right. At the end of the day, it was a true international effort. 

Though it also didn't pass me by that some people did only make their voice heard once they knew it was going to be a success. ??

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Hope the government take very careful note of just how good brave and caring some expats and farangs can be alter their course in a timely manner to all the people that live here 3 cheers for the boys and RIP to one brave man. 

government take note -- note of what, all forgotten by weeks end ?  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Was you hoping to benefit in someway ?

I don't need any further benefits - for me living in Thailand is sweet and easy. 

I was being facetious about the added care that will be passed to foreigners by the government -- F S A 

Edited by Artisi

2 hours ago, phetpeter said:

Yep! all praise to everyone involved. The sad thing is many foreigner's come to Thailand to work and encourage Thai's to become better, Many come as Teachers, and for the next couple of weeks will also be recognised by their help. Maybe not superhero's but, still hero's in the eyes of many young students. In a couple of weeks, Thai's will return to their old ways, Thai's will return to treating their helpers as 4th world, underpaid, backstabbed and generally held to ransom over work permits and excuses. No matter how loved they are by others , they are at the edge of jealous others who believe they are the kingpins of Thailand. They need to be reminded that English people, drop everything to help anybody in trouble or need, without requiring a big thank you. just to be treated as an equal in the same standard as they treat their fellow countrymen in the country that they help. No more No less. Let's see how Thailand honour the rescuers in relation to how they treat their own and those they rescued.

I get the impression that you believe the English are the only people that help their fellow man?

Donald Trump tweeted very late in the day when it looked like it was going to be a success:

"The U.S. is working very closely with the Government of Thailand to help get all of the children out of the cave and to safety," the president wrote on Twitter. 

Trump did not specify how the United States was helping in this rescue operation. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Nice to see the Brits recognised for their input, though this is an effort that should be widely shared among the many nations that contributed. Awesome work, even more awesome outcome. ten days ago many assumed they were dead. It seems you cant write the boars off before the final whistle.

I am also glad to see that they have been recognized. How ever, that is only by Thai media and the very professional former governor. I will wait and listen with big ears. It is said, that today and his evening talk the PM will adress the issue. Let´s see how he will put it. Nothing more than positive and gratefulness will be accepted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HungDonger said:

Sad to read that the Australian doctor/diver who was the last to leave the cave received tragic news on his return. His father passed away last night while he was still in the cave. R.I.P.

Not good news but this Aussie appeared on tv this morning and my wife said he had died.

Well I think she said that but you know my wife , well no you don't but if you did it would make sense.

5 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Not good news but this Aussie appeared on tv this morning and my wife said he had died.

Well I think she said that but you know my wife , well no you don't but if you did it would make sense.

no way? the aussie doctor died? you got link for news on that. looked like a seriously strong bloke to me

**it was his dad that died.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/father-of-dr-richard-harris-adelaide-cave-diving-expert-who-played-vital-role-in-thai-rescue-has-died/news-story/f127bab6a634a216cd9d5aa04cfe7514

Edited by Happy enough
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

no way? the aussie doctor died? you got link for news on that. looked like a seriously strong bloke to me

**shit your mrs was right

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/father-of-dr-richard-harris-adelaide-cave-diving-expert-who-played-vital-role-in-thai-rescue-has-died/news-story/f127bab6a634a216cd9d5aa04cfe7514

His father has died 

• Thanks 1

Playing golf today with the wife and on the way to the first tee this morning everyone was talking about the resue in Thailand (we are in Australia at the minute).  One bloke said the King should declare it a public holiday.  Everybody knew about it and had been following the story.  The World has come together to follow this story - it is great to have been one of them.  

Edited by ELVIS123456
  • Like 1

Viewing:
Mission Impossible ? Possible For Sure 1f609.png? hope All who posted on day 6/7/8 that they were already dead and it was a waste of time and many , many others on Thai Visa Forum who posted derogatory remarks about the Thai Seals , Army , Volunteer Divers from All around the world ? and the support of the Thai locals and beyond , who made food and gave Hope to All the Team's involved Hang their heads in eternal Shame ! This was a one-off Rescue ! as I have been coming to Thailand since 1990 I know of no other ! let me know if there was ? I now think in the Intense Euphoria and the Goodwill between the Health Secretory Jesada Chokdmrongsuk ,Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha and Governor of Chiang Rai Narongsak Osottanakorn instead of training Navy Seals on Cave Rescue which Hopefully may never be needed again ? They should be looking at the state of vehicle driving All over Thailand ? where accidents and Death is a Daily occurrence ? for a start there are many underage kids riding motorcycles with no insurance , licence , or protection do not know or how to give signals ? go through red lights and do not know anything about road positioning this includes many of the adult population as well ? I live in a small village where traffic lights where erected at a junction at the local market I sit and witness every evening that there are All types of vehicles running through the red lights ? plus go up the wrong lane to cut across on coming traffic I have been driving for around 53 years and find the driving in Thailand Abysmal ?
It is so bad that I find three months is more than enough after driving here ! and I return the UK to recharge my batteries for a few month and have done for the last nearly 19 years
safe_image.php?d=AQAbQ-5W02PqH0M5&w=540&

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

What does that have to do with this thread ?

I think it means Donald Trump tried to steel the credit of the "real" rescuers. But the attempt failed!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1