Woman Falls Six Floors To Death At Bangkok Mall

webfact

Woman Falls Six Floors To Death At Bangkok Mall

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

DhvKvA-UcAIQMer-696x504.jpg

Photo: fm91trafficpro / Twitter

BANGKOK — A middle-aged woman fell to her death late Tuesday afternoon in a mall in the north of the capital.

At about 4:40pm, a 42-year-old woman fell onto a jewelry booth inside CentralPlaza Lardprao from the sixth floor.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/07/10/woman-falls-six-floors-to-death-at-bangkok-mall/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-07-11

56 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Hate to spoil the party but it says she fell, not she jumped. 

You can't just fall, you'd have to climb over the railings first.  So she jumped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Instead of LOS Thailand should be called Land of Jumpers Here are my facts to back my case. 1 They jump on cars in road rage 2 They jump from hotel balconies 3 They jump from bridges 4 They jump from heights in shopping malls 5 Thai ladies like jumping into bed lots 6 Thai ladies jump at the chance to get farang for money 7 scam some farang they jump at it So Thailand has lots of jumpers 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Instead of LOS Thailand should be called Land of Jumpers Here are my facts to back my case. 1 They jump on cars in road rage 2 They jump from hotel balconies 3 They jump from bridges 4 They jump from heights in shopping malls 5 Thai ladies like jumping into bed lots 6 Thai ladies jump at the chance to get farang for money 7 scam some farang they jump at it So Thailand has lots of jumpers 

Going by your daft logic every country should then be called The Land of Jumpers because every one of those situations happens worldwide only with the nationality changed for 5-7.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Going by your daft logic every country should then be called The Land of Jumpers because every one of those situations happens worldwide only with the nationality changed for 5-7.

20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Lol Good to hear from you again with your comments Pity I never take them seriously like this one but it makes you happy I guess, But think about it how many countries are called Land Of Smiles? Guess these jumpers forgot to smile

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Guess these jumpers forgot to smile

.... a little off topic, but it reminds me of what you get when you cross a Kangaroo with a sheep.....

A woolly jumper!!!

:sorry:

• Haha 1

strange........when a farang "falls" from the 19th floor, the suicide verdict is pronounced by the Police,  before even he hits the ground....

...here, could one speculate that the cops are going to do their job so naturally hard to say if the lady fell or jumped ?? ...not to mention the reputation of the mall and perhaps some background negotiations, if there was a safety flaw....? ? ??.....but of course...I am totally wrong.....:sorry::wai:

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, seancbk said:
23 hours ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Hate to spoil the party but it says she fell, not she jumped. 

You can't just fall, you'd have to climb over the railings first.  So she jumped.

If the railings aren't high enough, it's quite possible to get your center of mass out over the rail and have a tragedy if you lose your traction.  I have seen people leaning way out over the railings to wave at friends below...

And, without CCTV to rule out a criminal act, there's always the possibility she was assisted over the railing, even if it was just people horsing around to get a video for social media.

In any case, RIP to the victim and condolences to the loved ones who are grieving for her.  There's no imaginable scenario where this isn't a tragedy.  And none where jokes are appropriate. (Not aimed at the post I quoted)

1 hour ago, impulse said:

If the railings aren't high enough, it's quite possible to get your center of mass out over the rail and have a tragedy if you lose your traction.  I have seen people leaning way out over the railings to wave at friends below...

And, without CCTV to rule out a criminal act, there's always the possibility she was assisted over the railing, even if it was just people horsing around to get a video for social media.

In any case, RIP to the victim and condolences to the loved ones who are grieving for her.  There's no imaginable scenario where this isn't a tragedy.  And none where jokes are appropriate. (Not aimed at the post I quoted)

Every time someone 'falls' the same old 'the railings are too low' nonsense is trotted out.   

Someone show me a railing that is too low in Thailand as I've never seen one in the 10 years I've been here. 

I've certainly never seen one you could get your center of mass over, unless you really climbed up and leant over.  I'm 6'1" making me pretty tall for Thailand and I've never seen a railing I could fall over without some effort on my part.

And how do you know there was no CCTV?  Why do you need to suggest she could have been pushed?  Is it not enough that people regularly choose to commit suicide?

On 7/11/2018 at 12:20 PM, Happyman58 said:

LOS = Land of SPLAT! 

checks out. 

The western press self censor suicide, because unless it's a celebrity,  it is generally not in the public interest,  as it ENCOURAGES more suicide.

But this being Thailand, they only recently stopped publishing unpixellated death scenes in full colour in the papers as it is. 

RIP to the lady,  the post was not intended to be insensitive, more a critique of the press purience here.