Trump says he can't say if Putin is friend or foe

webfact

13 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, its that the USA and Russia agree on some things and disagree on other things , like , agree on North Korea but disagree on Syria and therefore Putin is neither friend or foe 

Trump and Putin agree that there was no interference in US elections and the fact-based community disagrees.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Trump and Putin agree that there was no interference in US elections and the fact-based community disagrees.

Although we are talking about Trump and Putins relationship since he became POTUS , whatever happened before that is irrelevant to this topic

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Trump says he can't say if Putin is friend or foe

Looks like that depends on NATO.

Trump launches tirade at NATO summit: 'Germany is totally controlled by Russia'

Speaking at a press conference in front of NATO representatives ahead of a two-day summit:

“Germany is totally controlled by Russia … They will be getting between 60 and 70 percent of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline, and you tell me if that is appropriate because I think its not,”

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/trump-slams-germany-at-nato-summit-says-its-a-captive-of-russia.html

Of course if Trump bothered to turn to his intelligence agencies and his State Department, he would hear that the EU (yes, that includes Germany) has been focused on obtaining sustainable energy supplies from Ukraine, Turkey, Iraq and North Africa as alternatives to Russian economic energy pressure.

Trump would also discover that as early as 2014 the US threats of LNG exports (US is a net energy exporter!) to Central and Eastern Europe has caused Russia to renegotiate its gas contracts and discount renewed contacts; and sent a message to Russia that within a few years, despite its current ability to pressure Ukraine and other nations once part of the USSR, this will no longer be possible because of US energy exports. https://www.brookings.edu/articles/refreshing-european-energy-security-policy-how-the-u-s-can-help/

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Looks like that depends on NATO.

Trump launches tirade at NATO summit: 'Germany is totally controlled by Russia'

Speaking at a press conference in front of NATO representatives ahead of a two-day summit:

“Germany is totally controlled by Russia … They will be getting between 60 and 70 percent of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline, and you tell me if that is appropriate because I think its not,”

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/trump-slams-germany-at-nato-summit-says-its-a-captive-of-russia.html

Of course if Trump bothered to turn to his intelligence agencies and his State Department, he would hear that the EU (yes, that includes Germany) has been focused on obtaining sustainable energy supplies from Ukraine, Turkey, Iraq and North Africa as alternatives to Russian economic energy pressure.

Trump would also discover that as early as 2014 the US threats of LNG exports (US is a net energy exporter!) to Central and Eastern Europe has caused Russia to renegotiate its gas contracts and discount renewed contacts; and sent a message to Russia that within a few years, despite its current ability to pressure Ukraine and other nations once part of the USSR, this will no longer be possible because of US energy exports. https://www.brookings.edu/articles/refreshing-european-energy-security-policy-how-the-u-s-can-help/

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_434.jpg.48f6a837681db6af77544c2b65e7a77b.jpg

• Haha 2

Like you either have to be friend or foe. Great black and white thinking there. This is one of the reasons I wanted Trump to win over Hillary. It's one thing attacking small nations that don't have nukes. And a complete other antagonizing a nation that has thousands of them, aimed at you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DoctorG said:

This is both clever and silly at the same time. The message is crap but, hey, I do appreciate cleverness.

The only crappy thing about it is that it's true. The one thing I would remove on that shirt was the term "Nazi" because that implies the Swamp King has some kind of ideology and that's obviously untrue as the ONLY thing he cares about is himself - he is the ultimate narcissist.

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

Although we are talking about Trump and Putins relationship since he became POTUS , whatever happened before that is irrelevant to this topic

Really? Is that the topic? I thought it was Trump refusing to say whether Putin is a friend or foe. So Trump's past pronouncement about Putin are irrelevant? Utter nonsense.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, sanemax said:

No, its that the USA and Russia agree on some things and disagree on other things , like , agree on North Korea but disagree on Syria and therefore Putin is neither friend or foe 

They are not equal weight. Like saying the guy who raped your daughter and burned down your house is okay because he looked after your dog for a weekend while you were out of town

• Haha 1

I grew up with nuke drills in school and having to hide underneath  my school desk. Also was in Miami, 90 miles from Cuba, during the Cuba missile crisis. I often wondered what the world would be like with out having to worry about getting nuked from Russia,etc.For me,why can't we be friendly with Russia,then the Soviet Union/Communism  fell apart. Years later DT comes along and says,wouldn't it be nice if we got along with Russia,Bingo!  Hey Mr. President when you make billions over there and keep the peace,I will play the stock market and can finally have some comfort knowing ,no worries

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

I grew up with nuke drills in school and having to hide underneath  my school desk. Also was in Miami, 90 miles from Cuba, during the Cuba missile crisis. I often wondered what the world would be like with out having to worry about getting nuked from Russia,etc.For me,why can't we be friendly with Russia,then the Soviet Union/Communism  fell apart. Years later DT comes along and says,wouldn't it be nice if we got along with Russia,Bingo!  Hey Mr. President when you make billions over there and keep the peace,I will play the stock market and can finally have some comfort knowing ,no worries

I would go short on stocks in the Baltic states.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Emster23 said:

They are not equal weight. Like saying the guy who raped your daughter and burned down your house is okay because he looked after your dog for a weekend while you were out of town

Donald probably weights more than Putin , but, what is your point ?

Edited by sanemax

25 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Donald probably weights more than Putin , but, what is your point ?

Has to do with statement "... agree on North Korea but disagree on Syria and therefore Putin is neither friend or foe" I guess poster somehow missed takeover of Crimea, invasion of Ukraine, shooting down airliner, attempts to subvert elections in US and Europe, etc etc. If you put all those items on a balance scale, with agree on N Korea on other side, then most sane people would say "Putin is not our friend by any definition, and is our foe"

Clown president "trump" an ASSET of Putin.

Or in other words, Putin's poodle (P.P. for short). 

Analyst: Trump an asset of Russian government

CNN national security analyst Samantha Vinograd says President Trump is an asset to the Russian government, and that Russian President Vladimir Putin has the upper hand when it comes to media heading into the summit in Helsinki.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/07/15/vinograd-trump-putin-summit-sot-reliable-vpx.cnn