If My Battery Fails.

As my Honda Forza has now done 26000 Ks in 3 years, I had to get a new battery at 12000 Ks.

Is there something I can use to start the engine in an emergency as there is no kickstart, in case of battery failure again?

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

40 baht will get you to a shop. 

scooter-push-start.jpg.f9c40131fd25d351566dbfebc8fa9277.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

40 baht will get you to a shop. 

scooter-push-start.jpg.f9c40131fd25d351566dbfebc8fa9277.jpg

Yes, sometimes in normal circumstances, but what about after hours?

I had same problem with my Phantom. I went out to local store bought a charger. Got tired of charging it..

I then ask the mechanic to put in the best battery he could get.I paid double the normal price for my new battery but has not given me a problem since installed.

• Like 1

Just now, lovelomsak said:

I had same problem with my Phantom. I went out to local store bought a charger. Got tired of charging it..

I then ask the mechanic to put in the best battery he could get.I paid double the normal price for my new battery but has not given me a problem since installed.

Thought a Phantom had a kick-start OP' scoot hasn't.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I will check out Honda agent about battery charger.

If I were you, I’d put in a 12 Volt cigarette lighter, directly connected to the battery. Then you can charge the battery or use a light if there’s something wrong in the evening.

If you buy a battery charger, please consider that you can’t charge more than 2 to 4 Ampere, because the battery is small.

When you’ve bought a charger, just connect the piece that fits into the lighter.

You can also charge your phone and plenty of other things.

P.S. You'll have to put a fuse in between, but it also works without.

https://www.nonda.co/blogs/news/134861575-understanding-common-car-charger-specs

You can get a charger at any home mart, no need to buy one at your dealer. 

12 volt outlet with USB.jpg

12 volt outlet.jpg

Papa connector.jpg

• Thanks 1

Bit off topic but our 9 year old PCX has no kick start..First battery lasted 5 years...We have a bike spares warehouse in town where we bought the same make battery replacement for l think 500bht....

As we have a big dog that scares the shit out of most at home l told Mrs.Trans not to use the built in alarm at home, just when you are out....

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

You thought wrong. No kick start.

Well you can bump Phantom not auto scoots don't matter how good a battery is if it goes flat it's flat, when it dies it dies.

19 minutes ago, transam said:

Bit off topic but our 9 year old PCX has no kick start..First battery lasted 5 years...We have a bike spares warehouse in town where we bought the same make battery replacement for l think 500bht....

As we have a big dog that scares the shit out of most at home l told Mrs.Trans not to use the built in alarm at home, just when you are out....

Trans afraid of dogs? Why don't you throw the dude a nice bone and make peace with it? 

Just now, jenny2017 said:

Trans afraid of dogs? Why don't you throw the dude a nice bone and make peace with it? 

The dog is a she and likes my singing...Well everyone does.....But I refer to rascals skulking near our gate.....So phone first....:drunk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, transam said:

The dog is a she and likes my singing...Well everyone does.....But I refer to rascals skulking near our gate.....So phone first....:drunk:

It's maybe your fantastic singing that puts the dog in a difficult situation. Dogs hear much better than we do. Can't you sing a dodgy song for it? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

I mean if it happened on a Sunday when the Honda agents are shut.

Is this going to be like all the possibilities?  Like if there were an earthquake and all the power was out, and someone dropped an EMP bomb!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

I then ask the mechanic to put in the best battery he could get.

Last time i looked at Honda they had three grades of battery. Good,better and best. The difference is less that 500 baht. Just replace the battery every two years and it will be fine.

I had a 1986 Cagiva, it also had no kickstart.  But yes could be bump started. Some modern Vespa's also don't have a kick start.

Need a boost/jump? 98.8% of taxis have cables it is part of their business model. Battery dead? Call a taxi. 

1 hour ago, lovelomsak said:

I then ask the mechanic to put in the best battery he could get.

Last time i looked at Honda they had three grades of battery. Good,better and best. The difference is less that 500 baht. Just replace the battery every two years and it will be fine.

I had a 1986 Cagiva, it also had no kickstart.  But yes could be bump started. Some modern Vespa's also don't have a kick start.

Need a boost/jump? 98.8% of taxis have cables it is part of their business model. Battery dead? Call a taxi.