325w Solar Panels for 4,999 Baht!

sfokevin

37 minutes ago, beddhist said:

I looked at inverters and charge controllers on Lazada, but could find none with more than 1 year warranty from unknown or unnamed companies. I suspect it's all cheap Chinese. 

Depends on the size you want. At very small sizes like 1kW, I think there's only "cheap Chinese" on Lazada. If you got to a few kW then you can get proper brand stuff. A friend recently had a good experience with an INVT inverter. Not sure what the warranty is but be careful, he had an ABB inverter (very well known brand) before that messed up and they refused a warranty claim because it wasn't installed by an ABB licensed technician - which probably none exist here ????

By the looks of it the panels themselves are the cheapest compared to rest of the system

Complete system for 6 panels including installation is around 150 000 baht.

I would install 2 more panels anyway because your elctric usage increases every year.

So far i have 3 panels with a dc solarpump for irrigation,fantastic!

200 liters a minute,12000 per hour and that times 6.More water then we really need .

150k THB seems very expensive to me for a 6 panel system. 6 panels times 5k each is 30k THB and has close to 2kW peak output. A 3kW inverter from INVT goes for just above 20k THB. So that's a little bit over 50k for panels and inverter, let's say 55k with shipping and whatever. Mounting and labor shouldn't be anywhere close to 100k.

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Complete system for 6 panels including installation is around 150 000 baht.

6 x 300w panels = 30k

3 x 600w grid tie inverters = 15k

The only extra costs are some brackets to mount them.

I'd be happy to come and install them for 100k in my hand.

It will cost more if you want servo driven sun-tracking mounts, but I'm guessing your current quote didn't include them.

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, regedit said:

Anyone got a solar-power set-up for a fishpond pump and filter system ?

Would be interested to know how to do for a 7,000 litre pond.

Thanks.

One 250 watt panel and a small dc pump would do it for you,you will also have water left over for a fountain so you can add air.

7000 liter is not a lot.Very simple setup .Where do you live?

On 11/21/2018 at 12:22 PM, jvs said:

One 250 watt panel and a small dc pump would do it for you,you will also have water left over for a fountain so you can add air.

7000 liter is not a lot.Very simple setup .Where do you live?

Filter will need to run 24/7 so assume I will need a battery (?) to store excess power collected during the day ?

23 minutes ago, regedit said:

Filter will need to run 24/7 so assume I will need a battery (?) to store excess power collected during the day ?

Not sure why you need to run a filter 24/7 but in that case you would need a battery.7000 liters is not very much and i think you could do with a very small pump.If you could find a 12 volt pump you could do with a very simple set up,12 volt panel,12 volt battery and 12 volt panel.Maybe some kind of fuel pump used for cars?