Transferring or exchanging Thai Baht to Sterling

"Exchanging" sounds like cash exchange would be an option.

By far the easiest option if you have a proper exchange in your area.

And what's the magnitude of Thai Baht to exchange (5, 6, 7 or 8 digit?).

Where are you located?

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

I would use the bank that I am using in Thailand.

Could end in the usual headache questions.

"Do you have a work permit?"
"Do you have proof of inward transfer (FET)?"

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Could end in the usual headache questions.

"Do you have a work permit?"
"Do you have proof of inward transfer (FET)?"

Hmmm.....Why would it need to be like that. It´s actually a big amount you can transfer out of the country without having to declare. A transaction over USD 50K must be declared, and under that no need for the bank to declare to BoT.

Of course there are rules. When you stay here your money must have been originating from somewhere, right? Below is easy to grasp:

• You have a WP and are working. Then it´s fully ok to transfer some money abroad.
  • You do not have a WP, then you can not have an income in Thailand. Then the bank want´s to see proof of that you at an earlier time have been transferring the money from abroad.

That is nothing which should be called headache. It´s following the rules and regulation as well as the law in the country you reside.

You do not mention how much ?

Vasu or Be rich will change at a reasonable rate & I  use my ATM card  which my bank here give a

pretty honest exchange rate.

Do NOT try & change Thai Baht in the UK. You will get fleeced

I transferred Thai Baht equivalent of $6,000 from my Bkk Bank Naklua last week in about 5 minutes.

Fill out the form, copy of passport and its in your overseas Bank within 24 hours.

I pay the fees this end.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR COMPLICATED PAPERWORK ANYMORE FOR SMALLISH AMOUNTS.

Tomorrow I will do the same with $10,000, which I already put the form in last week, and just take passport tomorrow morning. Easy Peasy.

Note!   I do have a WP, but they weren't interested...just passport.

Cheers.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Delight said:

If the money involved was the result of your  selling a property in a company-then I would suggest that you have no hope of repatriating the funds

if you have a tor tor sam which is a document to say you brought the money into the Thailand you can send that back. after that i think you can send back 1 million baht a month without any docs.

9 hours ago, thainet said:

I transferred Thai Baht equivalent of $6,000 from my Bkk Bank Naklua last week in about 5 minutes.

Fill out the form, copy of passport and its in your overseas Bank within 24 hours.

I pay the fees this end.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR COMPLICATED PAPERWORK ANYMORE FOR SMALLISH AMOUNTS.

Tomorrow I will do the same with $10,000, which I already put the form in last week, and just take passport tomorrow morning. Easy Peasy.

Note!   I do have a WP, but they weren't interested...just passport.

Cheers.

for small amount under 1 million baht your spot on

Not looking to transfer a huge amount. Basically looking to 'rest' some UK money in a Thai account to get a visa extension and want to transfer it back again after the visa has been issued. I currently work and have a WP but don't earn quite enough to meet the visa requirements, so need to 'rest' the shortfall in a Thai bank but don't want to get hammered on fees if possible.