Forum upgrade in progress! ×

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?

Scott

SURVEY: Was Trump disrespectful toward the British Monarch?  

363 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, vogie said:

Theresa May nor anyone else in Britain are "subjects" any more, thank goodness. We are citisens, the nationality of act of 1948 deemed we are all citisens.

You can be whatever you want. I'll remain a 'citizen' thanks. 

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

“Does more hours” doing what ? Travelling? Hosting? Whatever it is it’s not work. 

i doubt she even feeds the corgis. 

Looks she 92 and a lovely old lady. If it was my Gran I would be extremely proud of her but please stop kidding yourself she’s on the go 24/7 and a workaholic. 

feel free to show us her daily schedule

19 minutes ago, LennyW said:

Looks like it is all fake news....again!!

How many people, who've gotten their panties in a bunch, will actually read this post and view those videos, and then recant their biased assertions. None I'll wager.

I'm no fan of Trump, but I do dislike it when people's biases get in the way of facts. Eighteen pages of what a horrible, disrespectful man, who should have acted better. This from a simple question (which one could argue is coming from a biased perspective) of "Was Trump disrespectful to the British Monarch?" but not from an actual incident.

3 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

“Does more hours” doing what ? Travelling? Hosting? Whatever it is it’s not work. 

i doubt she even feeds the corgis. 

Looks she 92 and a lovely old lady. If it was my Gran I would be extremely proud of her but please stop kidding yourself she’s on the go 24/7 and a workaholic. 

So you want the Queen of England to pick up a shovel because you do not have the knowledge or ability to know what she actually does....Oh dear oh dear...?

On 7/15/2018 at 10:18 AM, coldmike said:

No bow or courtesy required as they are not UK citizens, but it would have been friendly/nice.  There was probably a protocol briefing, but we know the man has the attention span of a gnat and wouldn’t remember any of it and doesn’t have any respect for protocol or people other than himself.

I am a UK citizen, and anti royalist, and if I met the Queen, I would not treat her any different from anyone else.

40 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

she's the queen of a lot more than that

Mostly rinky dink islands in the Caribbean. Australia and Canada are real countries, I'll give you that. And I'm sure she still supplies some pizzazz for a lot of the people in those countries. Don't know if that will still be so when Prince Ode to the Toilet Bowl takes over.

I am a UK citizen, and anti royalist, and if I met the Queen, I would not treat her any different from anyone else.

There are millions of people in the UK who are republicans yet they still respect the Queen as Head of State and show the good manners that goes with this.Jeremy Corbyn comes to mind.He does not treat her as any other person because he is not a creep.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Mostly rinky dink islands in the Caribbean. Australia and Canada are real countries, I'll give you that. And I'm sure she still supplies some pizzazz for a lot of the people in those countries. Don't know if that will still be so when Prince Ode to the Toilet Bowl takes over.

you missed some. and she is the head of state. period

11 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Debate history, not really it's as you say,  for or against but there's no need to be so disrespectful .

What by saying I don’t think she does real work? 

if you look back I said if she was my gran I would be proud of her......or is it just selective pro royal blinkers in action. 

A couple of crude posts as well as several argumentative posts have been removed from this thread.

Members are reminded of the following from the Forum Rules:

Posting Content & General Conduct

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

That's not his fault, it was all these medals that were weighing him down.:cheesy:

My friend Professor Pigeon got a letter telling him to attend the annual knighting ceremony a few years back at the palace. 

The letter had a big list of do,s and dont,s. Also to bring a plaster in case of an accident with the sword.

19 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

Oh that old Horse sh*te.

The US sold weapons and equipment to both sides during both wars and then jumped in at the last possible minute to declare victory. The Allies did need American help to win the wars, but to suggest Americans won it single handed is

just a load of crap. The Russians would have prevailed in the long run.

"Americans won it single handed is just a load of crap".  I wonder what John Wayne would have to say about that.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

"Americans won it single handed is just a load of crap".  I wonder what John Wayne would have to say about that.

without the eastern front, the allies would still be stuck on normandy beaches

17 hours ago, uffe123 said:

Quite frankly they should abolish the British monarchy, and kick all the royal freeloaders out, and make them work for a living.

Nothing but a bunch of leeches of society, doing absolutely nothing. 

Never a truer word spoken.

12 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

lol! because , as you say, out of respect. and the bow wasnt the worst of it. arriving late, barging in front of her, jacket unbuttoned. all the trappings of a slob!

Obama would have bowed. 

18 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

You also have no attachments to this country.

Do you need not show respect for the King, Buddhism,  and anthem?

I'll refer you to Thaivisa.com Forum Rules:
"1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.
By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.
To breach these rules may result in immediate ban."

Regarding Buddhism: This has nothing to do with the British Monarchs who to the best of my knowledges are probably Anglicans and not Buddhists.  I am personally a Buddhist from the Theravada tradition.  Buddhism has nothing to do with this post.  It's irrelevant.

Regarding the Thai anthem:  I tend to sing along in Thai.  They have an nice anthem.  Beats the heck out of trying to sing the Star Spangled Banner. <laughs>  I also like The Canadian Anthem too and sing along at hockey games. 
Regarding the English anthem, what goes through me head when I hear it is:

My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From ev'ry mountainside
Let freedom ring!
Samuel Francis Smith was my type of hero.  What a fantastic sense of humor. :smile:

17 hours ago, uffe123 said:

Quite frankly they should abolish the British monarchy, and kick all the royal freeloaders out, and make them work for a living.

Nothing but a bunch of leeches of society, doing absolutely nothing. 

Are you speaking as a subject or an outsider?

I'm the antithesis of a Royalist but since it isn't my country, I say live and let live.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Me too. She's a nice lady and the history is fascinating but no place in the modern world except in books, school trips to castles etc.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

I,m not so sure about this head-of-state stuff. In the small print it says 'Queen of England'

Actually it's of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. You're thinking of Elton John ?

15 hours ago, HHTel said:

But she is head of state in 16 countries.  Doesn't that outrank him?

Last time I checked, The United States of America was not a Commonwealth country beholding to the Queen of England.

So your answer is:  "No"  That does not outrank him.

Archived