Camfrog In Thailand

jdinasia

ICT asked to block webcam chat-room site, Camfrog

The Culture Ministry Monday (that was a few weeks ago) sought the blocking of an overseas-based website allegedly showing lewd acts and being abused by users in this country.

The Nation

Some Thai friends seem to be experiencing mixed results also. Some can and some can not. I had just downloaded Camfrog/client & server in order to setup a tele-conferencing system at work only to find that the camfrog protocols/ports were just blocked. Couldn't access the access server to setup the software.

wierd! I have 2 ISP ( ToT & TT&T) in both of them I can access to the camfrog.com website.

So ..who exactly blocked the website? only true and loxinfo or what?

It's not the website that is being blocked but the protocol/access servers (ports) that is being blocked. Still can get to their website but cannot run the Camfrog client software as it tries to use the Camfrog authentication/access servers.

So its remain a rumer not based on nothing! what companies?

Yesterday I tried to log in camfrog from ToT and tt&t and succeed.

(I log on the chat not the website ...!!).

ICT asked to block webcam chat-room site, Camfrog

BANGKOK: -- The Culture Ministry Monday sought the blocking of an overseas-based website allegedly showing lewd acts and being abused by users in this country.

The ministry reported the site to the Information and Communications Technology Ministry and police.

The site is called Camfrog and has been accessible for three years.

A network of Internet cafe operators brought the site to the attention of the Culture Watch Centre.

Some users is this country are allegedly posting and viewing lewd material on the site.

Ministry permanent secretary Weera Rojphojjanarat said Monday it would seek police and ICT Ministry help having the site blocked. It wants an investigation into possible offences.

The showing of a lewd act in public carries a maximum punishment of three years in jail and/or a Bt3,000 fine, he said.

-- The Nation 2006-12-19

:o

I didnt talk about the article in the newspaper.

I talk about real life (!).people say the companies blocked them.and my simple question is : WHICH COMPANY???

Facts: ToT : CAN !!

TT&T: CAN !!

So...lets talk a little bit about facts..Which company exactly blocked you?

• 3 years later...
I didnt talk about the article in the newspaper.

I talk about real life (!).people say the companies blocked them.and my simple question is : WHICH COMPANY???

Facts: ToT : CAN !!

TT&T: CAN !!

So...lets talk a little bit about facts..Which company exactly blocked you?

Well -True is blocked as of yesterday 30/5/10 - bloody nuisance, what's the safest way round this?

Proxy servers? what are the risks of being busted by the Thai thought police?