snake identification

flexomike

Wife was removing a large plant that her pomegrantes had surrounded and this snake popped its head out of it, plant went flying, dogs surrounded it, I put on my dads welder gloves bagged it and relocated it outside of the property, l live in South East Rayong Provence about two kilometers from the ocean if this helps in identifying it. Lived here for two years first time that I have seen one like this not a real big snake less than one meter in length

9376.jpg

37 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Here's a link for ya.

Trusting welding gloves in this case was incredibly risky.

Damn, I think you are correct, should have let the wife smash it, not going to tell her it was deadly will never hear the end of it. Except for rats i don't like to kill things, rats have costed me a lot of money, wire harness in truck wires in house, snakes aren't doing a good enough job, thank you for your reply much appreciated

12 minutes ago, grollies said:

Mate, make yourself a catcher. Six foot-long 1/2" pipe with a double rope through to make a loop at the end. Welders gloves, jeez, you were lucky.

I will for sure be doing that  for future snake captures

Just now, Aforek said:

I think you shouldn't try to catch it yourself, call somebody who is used to it 

Don't know if there is anyone in this are that does it, my biggest concern was my dogs, they attack everything, didn't want them to get bitten

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PowerPvP said:

It's extremely risky for you to try to catch it by yourself. I'm still living in the US, and still considering idea of living in Thailand, but I suppose there are some service that can catch that snake. It's better to call them nor to try it by yourself.

Yes it was pretty stupid on my part, just a spur of the moment decision, wife wanted to smash it, but I didn't like that idea