Tourism and Sports Minister: Phuket boat accident marginally affects tourism

webfact

Tourism and Sports Minister: Phuket boat accident marginally affects tourism

PNECO610411001003401.jpg

FILE photo

BANGKOK, 17th July 2018 (NNT) – The Tourism and Sports Minister, Weerasak Kowsurat, admitted that the tour boat that capsized off the coast of Phuket province on July 5th, resulting in the deaths of 47 Chinese tourists, has caused some people to cancel their tour packages to Thailand. 

Mr. Weerasak said the reduced number of tourist arrivals was not critical, but relevant agencies will continue to monitor the situation. 

He said those who are responsible for the Phuket boat mishap must be prosecuted and tourists’ confidence has to be restored quickly. 

The Tourism and Sports Minister added that the government plans to develop the Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai province into a museum, telling the story of the operation to rescue 12 boys and their football coach who were trapped in the flooded cave for two weeks, while maintaining the site's natural integrity.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-07-17

44 minutes ago, webfact said:

caused some people to cancel their tour packages to Thailand

TAT need to start a campaign creating better awareness about death by drowning. It's a once in a lifetime experience.

Maybe said tourism Minister should contact Phuket hotels association, then and only then will he receive actual figures on the cancellations, because what I've read here and what I've read over the past couple of days from the association don't add up. Then on the other hand someone has to save old fatty (watchmans) face, can't have him opening his mouth again in public. How that guy ever made it to General has got me stumped all the mistakes he makes, lucky Thailand not go to war with anyone.

39 minutes ago, Darcula said:

TAT need to start a campaign creating better awareness about death by drowning. It's a once in a lifetime experience.

Never miss an opportunity.

I'd guess the TAT marketing ploy would be to promote Thailand as the chance to move up to the next level - the after-life.

They'll probably also say that death by drowning is on a par to death by chocolate.

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Never miss an opportunity.

I'd guess the TAT marketing ploy would be to promote Thailand as the chance to move up to the next level - the after-life.

They'll probably also say that death by drowning is on a par to death by chocolate.

Special rainy season offer - book low cost economy ticket and stand a chance to participate in a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Enjoy returning home in upgraded 180° lie-flat comfort with meet-n-greet upon arrival.

ATTENTION registered organ donors!!! This promotion may not be suitable for you because of your contractual obligations with other programs. Please check our website for public holiday minivan specials.

2 hours ago, a977 said:

Maybe said tourism Minister should contact Phuket hotels association, then and only then will he receive actual figures on the cancellations, because what I've read here and what I've read over the past couple of days from the association don't add up. Then on the other hand someone has to save old fatty (watchmans) face, can't have him opening his mouth again in public. How that guy ever made it to General has got me stumped all the mistakes he makes, lucky Thailand not go to war with anyone.

They did once against Cambodia over the temples on the border My lips are sealed on the result of that war lets just nothing is mentioned about it to save face. But I can let this out I know who controls the temples now and it ain't Thailand lol

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Weerasak said the reduced number of tourist arrivals was not critical

The Erawan shrine bombing killed more than 20 people.

As a direct result Thailand’s tourism industry suffered a dramatic 20% slide.

https://www.voanews.com/a/thailand-hopes-tourism-will-bounce-back-from-bombings/3471760.html

The junta went into panic mode.

Now a 15% cancellation in Phuket province is being reported. 

And we have an Alfred E. Neuman "What? Me worry?" response from TAT despite more than twice the deaths.

Time for another cabinet reshuffle. If only the PM could be reshuffled as well.

5 hours ago, CLW said:
10 hours ago, Thailand said:
Seriously, the dead Chinese are just a minor inconvenience?

One should post this on Chinese social media. Ridiculous and absolutely inappropriate.

Yeah I think and treat human beings the same White Black Yellow Red who Cares If the guy who wrote this Chinese are a minor inconvenience thinks this then he shows  no compassion what happened with this boat then maybe he should  live at the South pole where there are hardly any humans

I have to say that I’m glad they are looking into the so called life-jackets coz they are useless ones most operators hand out, I’ve been in calm waters wearing one and it hardly kept me afloat at all, in-fact it was tending to lean my face forward into the water.... I wonder how many would be still alive if they spent just a few quid more on this vital equipment...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

15 hours ago, Darcula said:

Maybe it could be packaged, but wait a moment the minister probably has already got that concept in the pipeline.

Archived