Elon Musk apologises to British caver for 'pedo' slur

webfact

Elon Musk apologises to British caver for 'pedo' slur

c0e846a1ca444b9efddba9e7acb4c6f6.jpeg

Elon Musk has apologised for calling a British diver involved in the rescue of Mu Pa boys trapped in a cave in Chiang Rai a “paedo.”

He spoke today after facing widespread criticism and requests from Tesla investors to say sorry to Vernon Unsworth who said rescue submarine being built by Musk was a ‘PR stunt’.

In response, Musk described Unsworth as ‘paedo guy’. Unsworth who is still in Thailand has now been contacted by lawyers in the UK and U.S. wanting to represent him.

‘My words were spoken in anger after Mr Unsworth said several untruths & suggested I engage in a sexual act with the mini-sub, which had been built as an act of kindness & according to specifications from the dive team leader. 

“‘Nonetheless, his actions against me do not justify my actions against him, and for that I apologize to Mr. Unsworth and to the companies I represent as leader. The fault is mine and mine alone. ‘I am truly sorry if I offended anyone.’

Unsworth is among top cave divers who joined the rescue mission for the Mu Pa Academy footballers and their assistant coach trapped inside Tham Luang cave in Mae Sai district.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30350306

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-18

Tesla's Musk apologises for his comments on British caver

2018-07-18T073441Z_1_LYNXMPEE6H0BA_RTROPTP_3_THAILAND-ACCIDENT-CAVE-TESLA.JPG

FILE PHOTO: British caver Vern Unsworth talks during Reuters interview at a hotel, in the northern province of Chiang Rai, Thailand, July 17, 2018. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun/

(Reuters) - Tesla Inc <TSLA.O> founder Elon Musk apologised to British caver Vern Unsworth for comments he made about him following the rescue of a dozen Thai schoolboys and their football coach from a cave in northern Thailand.

2018-07-18T073441Z_1_LYNXMPEE6H0BB_RTROPTP_3_THAILAND-ACCIDENT-CAVE-TESLA.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Elon Musk listens at a press conference following the first launch of a SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket at the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida, U.S., February 6, 2018. REUTERS/Joe Skipper/File Photo

"His actions against me do not justify my actions against him, and for that I apologize to Mr. Unsworth and to the companies I represent as leader," Musk said in a tweet. "The fault is mine and mine alone."

Unsworth, who played a leading role in the rescue, said on Tuesday that he has been approached by British and American lawyers and will seek legal advice after Musk directed abuse at him on Twitter.

(Reporting by Rishika Chatterjee in Bengaluru; Editing by Raju Gopalakrishnan)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-07-18

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

How can you suggest that Musk stating that "its all my fault and my fault alone" is blaming someone else ?

If you read the whole post instead of just the beginning you would see why I think he is playing the blame game. 

Maybe if someone slurred your character and "good" name by calling you a pedo and then you found that these slurs are published online for all to see you might not be so willing to advise, as suggested in your previous post, to just accept it and then just walk away.

JAF

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

<snip> He was pressured into it, after realizing the power of an insult. His shares were dropping, investors were getting worried about his sanity, and there was an outcry from around the world.

Mr. Musk has been dealing with a group of dissident shareholders who want to remove him as CEO since long before the Thai cave incident.

Edited by JLCrab

17 minutes ago, JustAnotherFarang said:

If you read the whole post instead of just the beginning you would see why I think he is playing the blame game. 

Maybe if someone slurred your character and "good" name by calling you a pedo and then you found that these slurs are published online for all to see you might not be so willing to advise, as suggested in your previous post, to just accept it and then just walk away.

JAF

I did read the whole post .

Musk just gave his reasons as to why he got angry and accepted that he alone was to blame for his actions and apologised .

I do feel that is acceptable and time to put an end to it .

We've all been called names online before

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, chrisinth said:

If it was a sincere apology why would he add the last part, worded like that:

".... and to the companies I represent as leader"

That's the bit that gets me, grovelling to the shareholders, no need for that at all IMO in a personal apology.

Musk upset all the people involved in his Companies , and so he also opologised to them as well 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, les Dennis said:

Amazing that, his stock goes down 3.5 per cent and he musters up a half @rsed apology

TSLA closed + $12.59.  You really think a stupid comment by a fat mouth Brit in CM and an equally stupid response from Musk, is going to get in the way of MONEY?  ?

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

If it was a sincere apology why would he add the last part, worded like that:

".... and to the companies I represent as leader"

That's the bit that gets me, grovelling to the shareholders, no need for that at all IMO in a personal apology.

The shareholders demanded the apology... 

• Like 1