This is cool - foreigner making sports cars in Thailand

looks cool, wonder how he got it registered as I did not think it was possible to register kit car's or homemade car's in Thailand that did not use the floorpan of a car with an existing blue book but good luck to him, would love to see this car in real life!

• Like 2

It's a great business idea, considering looks (of cars, or whatever) seem to be the most important feature for most Thai people. 

Personally not my cup of tea, I'd rather see better performance for the engine, suspension, brakes etc. before all the fancy looks which shouldn't be too hard for a car of that budget. Better to have a 600hp regular-looking car than a 300hp lambo copy. I'm a big fan of European sport sedans, RS, M and AMG series cars and so sad I'll probably never be able to afford one in Thailand. Luckily at least you can get sporty bikes for good prices now ? 

In any case he is making business with what  is likely to sell here, good luck for his business!

14 hours ago, jay1980 said:

looks cool, wonder how he got it registered as I did not think it was possible to register kit car's or homemade car's in Thailand that did not use the floorpan of a car with an existing blue book but good luck to him, would love to see this car in real life!

me too looks great would like him to build me one if the price was right 

A friend from US and I looked into marketing kit cars to China. He builds them in US and wanted  to set up assembly shop and sales room in China. Had a Chinese investor. A lot of Chinese have money and would 

easily sell as a show off car....

The difficulty was getting government bodies approval as they’d have to 

be cccc certified. Or the other option would be black market but the risk isn’t worth the reward. 

Cobra would have been marketed at $150,000 USD base price.

I’m not a fan of kit cars. When people say buy a fake Rolex ... I’m like why would I want to buy a fake. 

Never looked into the Thailand market but certification would probably be an issue..

30065FD9-B46E-429D-B8B6-5E334CF8CF91.jpeg

28B97ED1-37CF-4F47-A910-C017CE7487BF.jpeg

32975F1D-191F-4C4D-B772-604820C505B4.jpeg

• Like 1

Why are these people so shy at saying how much it costs?  I get frustrated trying to find the price and if I can't find it I go elsewhere as it makes me feel suspicious.  Even looked on their FB page..............no price.  Mr Car Manufacturer if you want people to be interested and more importantly to by your product you need to be up front about the price, or you will loose potential business.

• Like 1

Why are these people so shy at saying how much it costs?  I get frustrated trying to find the price and if I can't find it I go elsewhere as it makes me feel suspicious.  Even looked on their FB page..............no price.  Mr Car Manufacturer if you want people to be interested and more importantly to by your product you need to be up front about the price, or you will loose potential business.

Marketing .... if you have to ask ... them you can not afford it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Why is it so hard to ask? 

Do you refuse to buy things that don't have a price tag on?   

6 hours ago, robertson468 said:

It's the same with jewellery on display in the Malls.  You might be attracted to a piece but perhaps not sufficiently to find the sales person to ask the price and possibly be slightly embarrassed if it is several times the price you were hoping for.  However, if the price were displayed, you might decide that it is within your price range and actually buy it.  I suspect that not displaying the price enables the seller to quote a requested price which varies according to the apparent status of the potential customer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, seancbk said:

Why is it so hard to ask? 

Do you refuse to buy things that don't have a price tag on?   

The Thai man said in the video at 02:15 it cost just "above 3 Million THB".

So I'm sure the price is not carved in stone and if you willing to pay 2.9 Million you'll also get one. 

This is a youtube video 6 years old, and that car at 01:14 looks very similar.

Edited by uwe_rayong

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 8:49 PM, Retiredandhappyhere said:

It's the same with jewellery on display in the Malls.  You might be attracted to a piece but perhaps not sufficiently to find the sales person to ask the price and possibly be slightly embarrassed if it is several times the price you were hoping for.  However, if the price were displayed, you might decide that it is within your price range and actually buy it.  I suspect that not displaying the price enables the seller to quote a requested price which varies according to the apparent status of the potential customer.

I have been saying for years happychap , if I wanted to start a car sales business ( ok the TW not me ) I would put a price on the screen for every one to see.  Every car I bought in the UK I knew what the price was , every car here  ( 3 ) I felt the thickness of my wallet was being thought out by the seller.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toofarnorth said:

I have been saying for years happychap , if I wanted to start a car sales business ( ok the TW not me ) I would put a price on the screen for every one to see.  Every car I bought in the UK I knew what the price was , every car here  ( 3 ) I felt the thickness of my wallet was being thought out by the seller.

I could not agree more.  I have never seen the price shown on any second-hand car  for sale in Thailand.  Sometimes I have been mildly interested in a particular model on display,, but not enough to wake the salesman up, or take him away from his phone or meal, to enquire the price.  Had the price been displayed and been acceptable, I might have purchased the vehicle.  What is the advantage of keeping the price a secret?  It is just annoying and tends to indicate that the seller has something to hide other than just the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:28 PM, Retiredandhappyhere said:

I could not agree more.  I have never seen the price shown on any second-hand car  for sale in Thailand.  Sometimes I have been mildly interested in a particular model on display,, but not enough to wake the salesman up, or take him away from his phone or meal, to enquire the price.  Had the price been displayed and been acceptable, I might have purchased the vehicle.  What is the advantage of keeping the price a secret?  It is just annoying and tends to indicate that the seller has something to hide other than just the price.

Strange.

I was in the Big City the other day with the missus and 2 of her girlfriends, one of whom wanted to purchase a S/H pick up truck. I was the designated tyre kicker and price haggler. Virtually all the showrooms we looked at, had paperwork either on the dash or driver's seat with all the particulars including the price.