Will Homepro cut PVC pipe to spec?

rexall

Cutting PVC or PPR or even steel reinforced autoclave lintels has been graciously accomplished for me in Buriram at a store other than Homepro. Different tools make a cleaner cut in 8.5 and 13.5 PVC pipes.  Not all blue PVC pipe and not all Green PPR water pipe is manufactured to the same high quality in Thailand or China or Vietnam.  

Buriram Autoclaved Block Door Lintel Cutting Saw.jpg

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

When you squeeze the handles, it squashes the pipe to be oval, so cannot pust it then into another fitting, or so I experienced.

Stop buying low-grade blue pvc pipe... or giving your good money to third parties who buy the low-grade, thin-walled rubbish and pocket the difference.

Solved.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Stop buying low-grade blue pvc pipe... or giving your good money to third parties who buy the low-grade, thin-walled rubbish and pocket the difference.

Solved.

Agreed, I got suckered with pipe grades when I first arrived in LOS. The UK, the lower the grade number (SDR) the thicker the pipe wall. But, oh no, not here. 

Not necessarily. I've often had to use a broken blade to get into inaccessible places. If one wants to get a bit fancy, just wind  tape of some sort around the end & makes it a bit more comfortable to told. I guess if one isn't into purchasing the proper cutter & opts for the cheap thin wall pipe, he isn't going to go to the expense of tape for a handle.

26 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Not necessarily. I've often had to use a broken blade to get into inaccessible places. If one wants to get a bit fancy, just wind  tape of some sort around the end & makes it a bit more comfortable to told. I guess if one isn't into purchasing the proper cutter & opts for the cheap thin wall pipe, he isn't going to go to the expense of tape for a handle.

I tend to dig into inaccessible places, if necessary with a hilti drill. I learned a long time ago to make room for pvc pipe repairs, even if it means concrete-cutting with my 6" grinder. Got fed up with grazed knuckles, pipe that was too difficult to re-join and wet, muddy holes. Now I dig an <deleted> great hole.

• Like 1

I would be cutting them myself. If you have "a couple of dozen to be cut at various lengths" unless you have laid out a template allowing for every fitting and clearance, guaranteed some of them will be cut wrong. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sipi said:

I would be cutting them myself. If you have "a couple of dozen to be cut at various lengths" unless you have laid out a template allowing for every fitting and clearance, guaranteed some of them will be cut wrong. 

OP might want to add a bag of splicers to his shopping list for corrections when he gets to fitting everything. Unfortunately he'll still need a hack saw (or something).

• Like 1