Change Of Conditions For Czech Citizens

As citizen of Czech Republic I may ask for "15 days visa on arrival" but if I want to visit Thailand for more days I must contact Thai embassy in Prague for "classic visa". Since people from all countries of European Union may visit Thailand without visa for 30 days I would like ask somebody whether there is any chance that visa duty will be cancelled in near future for Czech Republic(Hungary, Poland..etc) when these countries also have became members of EU on 1st May 2004? Thanks for answer. :o

As citizen of Czech Republic I may ask for "15 days visa on arrival" but if I want to visit Thailand for more days I must contact Thai embassy in Prague for "classic visa". Since people from all countries of European Union may visit Thailand without visa for 30 days I would like ask somebody whether there is any chance that visa duty will be cancelled in near future for Czech Republic(Hungary, Poland..etc) when these countries also have became members of EU on 1st May 2004? Thanks for answer. :o

Will Thai's be able to enter these countries without a visa ?

Will Thai's be able to enter these countries without a visa ?

Not a chance.

Britain is in the EU and look how difficult it is to get a visa to go there!!

I know of a Hungarian that got a single Non-imm B from Laos (a week ago) no problem at all......if this is any help?

And a few months ago I know of a Polish lady that got a multiple Non-imm B from Poland no problem at all as well (minimal paperwork)!

I know of a Hungarian that got a single Non-imm B from Laos (a week ago) no problem at all......if this is any help?

And a few months ago I know of a Polish lady that got a multiple Non-imm B from Poland no problem at all as well (minimal paperwork)!

They can get visa's but must have one to enter Thailand at all ( based on present rules ) Without any visa citizens of both countries can apply for a 15 day tourist visa on arrival in Thailand.

Most Western countries don't give Thai passport holders visa free access,but Thailand gives visa free access to Western countries, so they can come here spend there money and leave. Don't forget it is easier for Thais to settle in Western countries the legal way then it is for foreigners to settle in Thailand. When I say the legal way I may residence or citizenship wise.

At this moment I do not see any change. However, understand the 10 new EU-members are committed to becoming part of the Schengen area, which allows travellers from third countries to visit many of the EU nations on a single visa. As a result, Thai traders and travellers will soon reap the considerable benefits of using a single currency as well as being able to travel across much of the continent with a minimum of difficulty.

Source:

http://www.deltha.cec.eu.int/en/news_2004/...ric%20event.htm

Once this happens, a Thai will be able to enter all Schegen member states with one visa, only, but still needs to apply for a visa.

Vice versa, all citizens of the previous EU-member countries can enter Thailand exempted from getting a visa for 30 days. I am confident this will be extented to the new members, but don't ask me when.

Aah Dr., let's not be too negative. Good Kissinger was the one who could not find the area-code for Europe on his telephone.

For Manicek it's too early, but than the Czech Republic is a member for 19 days, only. Needs some time to understand around the world. So, sorry, visa in Praha or visa on arrival for 15 days it is.

But I see the future. negotiations are under way for the new members to join the Schengen agreement. Believe me the members will approach Thailand as well to lift the visa restrictions.

Expect than Thais to be able with visa for one to visit more if not all Schengen members, all Schengen members (one by one is true) to be added to the list of 40 in Thailand.

Only the poor finacee will still need a visa to go to Europe.

Thailand will change the rules as they see fit.

The accession countries are still individual countries after all, but as the Czech republic gets richer, and people get more leisure time, travel will get easier.

Things will probably only change quickly if either, the embassy in Prague complains about the number of visas it's having to issue for people travelling as tourists to Thailand for between 14 and 30 days, or the queue for visa on arrival starts seeing a glut of Czech nationals coming on holiday.

Just joining the EU or Schengen won't, in itself, change anything...

Look at the rules for countries to join the visa waiver program to the US.

http://travel.state.gov/how_a_country_qualifies.html

I'm sure Thailand has similar guidelines for when a country gets added to their list. (just not published on the web in English).

The Thai side might expect a bit of reciprocity in visa requirements.

How many Thai tourists are spending money in Europe and how much that is/would benefit the EU economy?

How many Europeans are spending money in Thailand and how much that is/would benefit the Thai economy?

AND:

How many Thais are (legally or not) working in Europe sending money to Thailand?

How many Europeans are (legally or not) working in Thailand sending money to Europe?

I am with you on the reciprocity bit though. I wish we reciprocated their laws on residency, citizenship, work permits, property ownership etc.

Aah Dr., let's not be too negative. Good Kissinger was the one who could not find the area-code for Europe on his telephone.

For Manicek it's too early, but than the Czech Republic is a member for 19 days, only. Needs some time to understand around the world. So, sorry, visa in Praha or visa on arrival for 15 days it is.

But I see the future. negotiations are under way for the new members to join the Schengen agreement. Believe me the members will approach Thailand as well to lift the visa restrictions.

Expect than Thais to be able with visa for one to visit more if not all Schengen members, all Schengen members (one by one is true) to be added to the list of 40 in Thailand.

Only the poor finacee will still need a visa to go to Europe.

And with a name like Kissenger too. :o With an accent thicker than a Europeans winter coat.