Do I need to notify Hua Hin immigration.

A couple weeks ago I renewed my annual retirement extension for a further 12 months through an agent at Pattaya, so my current visa expires 31 July, 2019. Today I've moved to Hua Hin and have rented an apartment by the month. The owner of the apartment said she'll copy my passport and visa and will do the required form/notification to the local immigration office tomorrow (Monday 23rd)

So do I need to do anything? Or is the notification from the landlady all that's required.

Also mid-August my 5-year Thailand drivers licences for car & mc will expire, so I'll need to go to Hua Hin immigration to obtain a residency certificate when it's time to do the renewals, so I want to make sure everything is in proper order.

Thank you ubonjoe. I'll go there tomorrow with my passport and rent receipt with my name on it. Will that be all I need to show and fill in the TM28 form? 

From what I've heard the Immigrations at Bluport seems more relaxed and friendly.  I'd give them a try.  I used to live in Hua Hin and the folks that I know who've switched to using the Bluport office have not had a single complaint.  With the other office, a different story.

Thanks wpcoe. I just been looking online and read about the Blueport office, I'm living close to Blueport (I'm at Khao Takeib) so I'll go there tomorrow morning. Hopefully it'll go smooth, fast and easy.

24 minutes ago, TSF said:

Thanks wpcoe. I just been looking online and read about the Blueport office, I'm living close to Blueport (I'm at Khao Takeib) so I'll go there tomorrow morning. Hopefully it'll go smooth, fast and easy.

I have lived in Hua Hin for five years.

Yes the Bluport immigration is more relaxed. I did my 90 day reporting there and I did not even need to fill out a form. That was a first. There is a point where they can't perform some tasks. I can't say where they draw the line, so be prepared they may tell you to go to the main immigration office located here:

https://goo.gl/maps/AsQuWxoPEFH2

Many tourists are now using this office, so sometimes the wait can be up to a hour.

The office is located in the basement of Bluport in the Southeast corner. 

Edited by NCC1701A

Hello,

opening at 10 am, until 4 pm
when you are in the basement, turn left, crossing the cafe.
From the escalator, we see the office.
In principle:
notification of residents
readmission permit
tourist visa extension (30 days)
90 J for OA
This information is marked on the door as well as on the ticket dispenser.
Arriving at 10H, you do not have time to sit.

Otherwise, to general immigration. 8:30 to 15:30?
On Petchkasem, take the 35, just at the traffic lights, and go straight (good there is a bend) and at one point, on your left, there is a sign, then the car park decreases, decreases.

look maps NCC1701A

Thanks sirocco & NCC1701A for the info. I read a lot online about the Blueport Imm and read that they do address notifications there, so hopefully I'll be OK tomorrow.

22 hours ago, wpcoe said:

From what I've heard the Immigrations at Bluport seems more relaxed and friendly.  I'd give them a try.  I used to live in Hua Hin and the folks that I know who've switched to using the Bluport office have not had a single complaint.  With the other office, a different story.

Things have changed since you lived here I reckon.. I have found, as have others, that the main office is just as relaxed and friendly. This goes for all the Officers/Offices including Dan Singkorn. Could not ask for a better place Province to live in when having to deal with Immigration. 

Here's the update on this morning. I arrived at Blueport Imm about 10.05, there were 3 other foreigners ahead of me. I was searching on the counter for the T28 forms but one of the Imm officials called out to me that there were no forms, she just needed passport. In less than 5 minutes my number was called. I gave the lady official my passport and my rent receipt with the new address on it, and about 5 minutes later she had updated everything on her computer and stapled a couple of notification slips into my passport. And that was it. All very fast, easy and painless. No form to fill in and nothing to sign.

When finished I asked her about getting the residency certificate next month to renew my Thai drivers licences, and she told me I cannot get this at the Blueport office and will need to go to the main Hua Hin Imm office, and just show them my passport with the attached notification slips, and the same rent receipt.

From what I could see at the Blueport Imm office they only do extensions of tourist visas, re-entry permits, 90-day notifications, and change of address notifications.

BTW: After I finished with the Imm this morning I did some shopping at Blueport. About 11.30am I walked past the office again to depart the building and there wasn't a foreigner in there, just a couple Thai officials sitting at their counter desks.

And yes, nice staff at both locations. Just say hello, with a smile, like any quidem who has received a good education, and everything passes.
This morning Bluport, not need, nor take a ticket, or sit down.
60 seconds later, I signed the book for the king's birthday.

25 minutes ago, sirocco said:

And yes, nice staff at both locations. Just say hello, with a smile, like any quidem who has received a good education, and everything passes.

Don't you mean " quidam"?:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, sirocco said:

Yes I agree. Over the years I've read some terrible stories about people getting bad treatment at various Imm offices, on this forum and other forums too, but I sometimes wonder about those foreigners with these complaints. Are they dressed reasonably well or are they in singlets, shorts, flips? Are they fresh and clean or do they have reeking armpits and smell of last night's beer. Are they polite and smiling or grumpy and impatient? 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2018 at 6:16 PM, TSF said:

Yes I agree. Over the years I've read some terrible stories about people getting bad treatment at various Imm offices, on this forum and other forums too, but I sometimes wonder about those foreigners with these complaints. Are they dressed reasonably well or are they in singlets, shorts, flips? Are they fresh and clean or do they have reeking armpits and smell of last night's beer. Are they polite and smiling or grumpy and impatient? 

No, they were receiving the standard treatment for newly arrived retirees at Chiang Mai's immigration office.  Welcome to Thailand, confused newbie!