Video: Who is this foreign thief? Western woman steals Thai's camera

webfact

Video: Who is this foreign thief? Western woman steals Thai's camera

2pm.jpg

Picture: ONB news

A Western woman was caught on CCTV stealing a Thai's Polaroid camera.

Pimploi Mahikhot, 16, was enjoying an evening with her family at the Group Cafe in Jomtien last week but when they got home she realized she had left her 2,000 baht camera at the coffee shop.

CCTV showed that it was stolen.

It was placed into a bag of a western woman who was there with two foreigners and a Thai woman. That group later left the cafe but did not report they had found anything.

Na Jomtien police are investigating.

Source: ONB news

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-24

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Darcula said:

Most probably a time traveler from the 1950's.

Maybe Polaroid pictures are  fashionable again ?

..and don't forget the great song by OutKast (Hey -Ya! )

Shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it
Shake it, shake it, shake it, suga!
Shake it like a Polaroid picture!
Now all the Beyonce's, and Lucy Lu's, and baby dolls
Get on tha floor get on tha floor!
Shake it like a Polaroid picture!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Hunt her down like a rabid dog and jail her for 10 years pesky foreigners need to be taught a lesson.

with due respects sammieuk 1 would you recommend similar punishment for a Thai who did a similar act.

follow the law - there are penalties for theft. it is definitely not 10 years.

44 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

I was skimmed for over THB 300,000 by Thai scammers - Brought all the evidence PLUS address and copy of ID to report with the police.
NOTHING happened. NOTHING.
Here a THB 2,000 phone is missing.... Something's not right.

But you forget in Thai culture the scammer is considered intelligent and the scammed as stupid as a Buffalo. Not a police matter as caveat emptor.

Stealing a phone is theft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Different said:

What was stolen? I don't see her taking anything except what was in her purse.

Same here. I assume one of those items was the missing camera, though it wasn't clear to me at all.

• Like 2

Odd that they don't show the footage of the woman (or whoever) actually taking the camera. All I could see was that she had something in her hand when the footage started and she put it into her fanny pouch that she had around her neck/shoulder.

A 2,000 baht Polaroid camera ? Having a quick look on Lazada and PowerBuy - not a lot of Polaroids for 2,000 (or less).3 in PowerBuy. 4 on MyBestBuy and Lazada - they can't get their **** together if it was handed to them in vacumm-sealed packages. Search for "Polaroid Instant Camera" and get 5,054 hits. Tell the list (of 5,054 hits) to sort by Lowest to Highest and the total drops to 2,716 items. Set maximum price limit to 2,200 baht and get 798 hits. Scroll through 10 of 20 pages of items, not one single "Instant Camera" but lots of water kettles, photo albums, mini-camera and "endoscope" camera attachments for telephones.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kcpattaya said:

I was skimmed for over THB 300,000 by Thai scammers - Brought all the evidence PLUS address and copy of ID to report with the police.

I got stolen my wallet with 2000USD in it, in front of a 7/11 in soi 11 with a security camera right there, went to police to ask them to get the evidence from the 7/11 stuff as they did not want to get for me, went there many times, even with Thais to help me translate. never , nothing happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kcpattaya said:

all is well and normal. you  are the wrong nationality to expect action for that

It's a moral issue not theft. By the Thai girl's own admission she left the camera in a public place. Someone found it and kept it. No different than anyone leaving 1000 baht note on that sofa seat. Finders keepers loser's weepers. With that said, most kindhearted people would have turned it in to lost and found. ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1