renewing a uk passport in thailand

in early april 2009 my hotel room was broken into in bangkok and amongest other items stolen was my passport

a new uk passport was issued in bangkok and it will expire in april 2019

Can i head along to a uk consulate or embassy(in thailand or elsewere)and simply hand over my existing passport and renewal fee and be issued with a new 10 year uk passport within say several weeks of a renewal application?

I have cut & pasted someone's contribution on this forum to my computer but forgot his name.  It spells out EVERY step + requirements.  I am ashamed to say I didn't copy his name but everything went as he explained it.  Check out this topic & find it.  To this kind contributor - thank you this is the most detailed & clear explanation of any process on this site.  If unsuccessful PM me & I will forward it to you.

Very simple to get a new UK passport in Bangkok.  Mine was ready in 8 days!

Go to VFS which is the official outsourced office for UK passports located at.  They are very helpful, speedy and much less hassle than courier to the UK etc.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana
Bangkok
Thailand

16 minutes ago, thaiclan said:

Very simple to get a new UK passport in Bangkok.  Mine was ready in 8 days!

Go to VFS which is the official outsourced office for UK passports located at.  They are very helpful, speedy and much less hassle than courier to the UK etc.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana
Bangkok
Thailand

Thanks for the info.

What documents did you have to provide as proof of address, it Thai car and motorbike license acceptable.

I don't get many paper bills these days....

Thank you.

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I only see info on that page for visa applications. Nothing about applying for a UK passport.

If you go to the Homepage of the VFS site you will see the following...
VFS offer visa and passport services for UK, Netherlands, Finland and others.  Their details can also be found on the UK's   .gov website.

Visa and Passport Application Processing Services

VFS Global’s visa & passport application processing services is an end-to-end solution. This solution has evolved into a seamless process which includes information dissemination, automated application and appointment systems, helplines, collection and remittance of fees, biometric enrolment, and convenient value added services to enhance the applicant experience.

Over the years, our technology-driven innovative solutions have revolutionised the way visa & passport application services are managed since our inception in 2001.

Below is a detailed explanation of each of our service portfolio: