re entry permit non o (marriage) Savannakhet

I have been extending my visa for the last 6 years at immigration, so when I leave Thailand I get a re entry permit. So now I believe I can go to Savannakhet  to get a multiple with no 400,000 baht in my bank, but think I will need the re entry permit to go to Savannakhet. 

any help on this would be appreciated thanks in advance

You do not need a re-entry permit to leave the country or to enter the country.

You will use the multiple entry non-o visa you will get at the consulate at Savannakhet to enter the country.

Be sure you have your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by here when you apply for the visa.

15 minutes ago, CNXYONG said:

thanks It will expire 14th sept does it matter how long before I apply?

It does not matter since your extension will end as soon as you leave the country.

I would do it shortly before it ends to get the most out it I could.

just to add on this that you can get the same visa in hcmc without finance. if in bkk can do with only one night out of country. skt will take a couple of days. only difference i know of is hcmc want a letter from your mrs asking for the visa

4 hours ago, Happy enough said:

just to add on this that you can get the same visa in hcmc without finance. if in bkk can do with only one night out of country. skt will take a couple of days. only difference i know of is hcmc want a letter from your mrs asking for the visa

Agree on the letter from your wife, my wife had to write that letter in the embassy when I applied, April this year.

However I was asked to show finances and had a copy of my bank book showing more than the 400,000 generally required. Luckily I had it with me.

I don't know if it was a one off to ask for it, maybe the lady was having a bad or what but I did say 'Oh I thought I didn't need that.'  The answer I got was 'soon all embassy will be the same'

I've heard/read since that others have not been asked.

38 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Agree on the letter from your wife, my wife had to write that letter in the embassy when I applied, April this year.

However I was asked to show finances and had a copy of my bank book showing more than the 400,000 generally required. Luckily I had it with me.

I don't know if it was a one off to ask for it, maybe the lady was having a bad or what but I did say 'Oh I thought I didn't need that.'  The answer I got was 'soon all embassy will be the same'

I've heard/read since that others have not been asked.

i can see them enforcing that eventually. i hope they don't as i know some guys that get by fine and look after their families but just don't have that much money in the bank. it would be a shame for all involved if it changed. i'm sure it wouldn't be the end of the world but i know a few that would have to go home and save up a bit to come back

8 minutes ago, CNXYONG said:

witch embassy did you have to show your bank book, if you extend in immigration you also have an up to date letter from your bank stating that you have the funds in on that date.

It was at the Thai consulate in Ho Chi Minh city Vietnam. But they do not normally ask for financial proof.

Embassies and consulate only want a bank book or statement. Never a letter from the bank.

thanks again  ubonjoe, the letter from the bank is when I apply at Chiang Mai immigration there is a lot more paperwork doing it in Thailand, & your wife goes with too. two copies of everything then they send one copy to Bangkok then they give you date to return to get the one year stamp, about a month later.

thanks again for all your help.