Firefox Browser

gkroo

I received an email from Firefox earlier today prompting me to enter a new password because they are updating their system ? I have hesitated and ignored this thinking that it was an attempted hack ?? has anyone else received this advice from Firefox ?? thanks for yr feedback.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

No, have not heard anything. What password are you talking about, there's no password in FF.

Except you have setup such a Firefox account.

About the OP : are you aware that you have a FF account?

Can you check the sender of the email (not only the display name but the actual server from which it came)?

Does this say something to you?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/change-your-firefox-accounts-password

Edited by KhunBENQ

I haven't received an email from them. 

Probably best to avoid taking any action in an email/links, etc.  I would open FF and go into the Settings/FireFox Account/Manage Account to see what's up.

I used Firefox for years but over time it got more bloated and much slower.

About 4 months ago I dumped FF and went to Google Chrome which I find is quicker and less of a hassle to use, and of course it is free.

My ad blockers work on it as well.

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

About 4 months ago I dumped FF and went to Google Chrome which I find is quicker and less of a hassle to use, and of course it is free.

Since you point out that Google chrome is free, I have to ask if there are any paid browsers  that are fee based?

Use FF for long time, never had a request to change pw.

However, FF has a sync features that requires you to have an account with FF, thus a pw.   I would never click a link in an email not even from FF, notwithstanding that it looks genuine.

If you have any doubt, than you best open FF and in the Preferences go to sync and change your password there.

4 hours ago, watcharacters said:

Since you point out that Google chrome is free, I have to ask if there are any paid browsers  that are fee based?

TBH I don't know why I pointed out that Chrome was free.

I think it was an age thing as I am 74.

:sorry:

If the OP has a Firefox account (which is used for syncing between devices) then this URL will take him to the control panel:

https://accounts.firefox.com

It is a valid and authentic URL.

The problem is that we dont know if the link he posted is actually the link in the email he received or whether it is merely text that has been superimposed over another URL in the email in order to mask it. This is very easy to do in an email and is why you should never click on links in emails unless you are CERTAIN that they are valid and that the sender is genuine.

Check out their support site regarding scams, etc.

blank.pnghttps://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/avoid-and-report-mozilla-tech-support-scams

Avoid and report Mozilla tech support scams

Mozilla does not charge for downloads, upgrades or technical support, and does not endorse any company that does. Companies that ask for payment or personal information for installing, updating or providing support for Firefox or Thunderbird are not affiliated with Mozilla and should be avoided.

Edited by Suradit69

On 7/26/2018 at 8:37 AM, billd766 said:

It's not..