Korat: Homeless man and "nice guy" beaten to death by junior high school teens, say family

webfact

Korat: Homeless man and "nice guy" beaten to death by junior high school teens, say family

3PM.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Relatives have called for the arrest and prosecution of a bunch of Thai teens for the murder of their relative.

Forty four year old Prasert was found viciously battered to death in a sala in Jor Hor sub-district of Muang, Nakorn Ratchasima.

A post on Facebook on the page of "Ake Srisuwan" claimed that children aged 13 and 14 were responsible but there had been no arrests.

Yesterday Jor Hor police spoke to two relatives of Prasert called Phimchankok, 31, and La, 49.

Phimchanok said that twenty years ago Prasert suffered head trauma in a motorbike accident that had left him mentally deficient.

He had a house to live in with relatives but preferred to wander the streets and sleep out.

But she stressed that he was a good guy who swept up at the temple and helped neighbors carry things at the market. He had a kind word for people and always wai-ed - he was never any trouble to anyone.

However, she said that teens liked to pick on him for his mental state. And he had reported before that he had been assaulted.

She said that at the funeral a group of four or five 13 or 14 year olds came with their parents and apologized at the coffin.

She called for them to be arrested now before they become the hoodlums of tomorrow.

Police said the case was delicate as it involved juveniles, reported Sanook.

They admitted to having spoken to those involved and were waiting for help from social services.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-27

1 hour ago, Preacher said:

Under Thai law persons under the age of 15 cannot be punished. The court can however place them in a institution for re-education.

Absolutely correct Preacher, and the kids in Thailand know this.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Good grief. What can one say except that those kids need major therapy before they kill again. They waied the dead guy and will assume  it's all cleared up. As we all know, once  they murder at that age, they will most likely do so again. 

If they showed up at the funeral, then the parents know they did wrong and the kids know they did wrong. Now it's time to  take responsibility for a horrible action.

The police will sign them up as apprentice hitmen. They will come in handy in a few years' time. Crime is not prevented nor solved here, it is brought in-house.

3 hours ago, Preacher said:

Under Thai law persons under the age of 15 cannot be punished. The court can however place them in a institution for re-education. 

If that institution is "on par" with other Thai institutions, these kids will get their punishment. Too bad it will not help much in the re-educating department.

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Good grief. What can one say except that those kids need major therapy before they kill again. They waied the dead guy and will assume  it's all cleared up. As we all know, once  they murder at that age, they will most likely do so again. 

If they showed up at the funeral, then the parents know they did wrong and the kids know they did wrong. Now it's time to  take responsibility for a horrible action.

Bull Crap

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

In my world children are raised well and do not beat other people to death or kill them. I know, call me old fashioned. I take is as a compliment, as the other option is far to alien for me.

You are not old fashioned.

But Thailand is definitely NOT your world.

"Amazing" that so many take so long (sometimes never) comprehending that.

Edited by Enoon

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

You are not old fashioned.

But Thailand is definitely NOT your world.

"Amazing" that so many take so long (sometimes never) comprehending that.

I guess you should take your really stupid comment somewhere else, or maybe just stick it where the sun don´t shine. Guess you know where that is, but it might be full of shit.

What gives you the right to decide that Thailand is not suitable for me? Is that a negative effect that has been following you since birth?

Have you ever considered that I already comprehend, but not accept to resign my stance that things should be done the right way. Seems like that is something that you have done, at the same time as your ego has made your brain belive that you are sitting higher than other people.

Thank you for your time. Now you can go back and play with your friends in the sandbox again. Next time you can try to degrade sombody in your own mental size. This one was to big and bites back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It seems the penchant for mob violence is starting to get younger and younger. A man is dead and those who did it, regardless of their age, need to get what is coming to them. There is enough violence on the streets without kids thinking they can get in on the act and get away with it.

Unfortunately not just a Thai thing.

Read about this stuff (13-15 y/o - not only inner cities , but provincial cities and towns) all the time in the UK papers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

A post on Facebook on the page of "Ake Srisuwan" claimed that children aged 13 and 14 were responsible but there had been no arrests.

But, but - they're just children.  They need some quiet time and a 'time out' and I'm sure they'll promise to never kill again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Unfortunately not just a Thai thing.

Read about this stuff (13-15 y/o - not only inner cities , but provincial cities and towns) all the time in the UK papers.

Do tell do they normally walk away as if nothing has happened

• Like 1