Pizza

jimmyyy

6 minutes ago, lapd said:

I have no idea what point you are trying to make other than disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing.

The point that I am trying to make is that either you are joking about the Pizza Company having 'proper cheese and ingredients' or that you really don't have a clue what proper cheese and ingredients should be.

Pizza Company appeals to a certain demographic. I doubt if they have anything imported from Italy in their repertoire.

Seriously now, stop joking around.

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2018 at 7:14 PM, KneeDeep said:

The point that I am trying to make is that either you are joking about the Pizza Company having 'proper cheese and ingredients' or that you really don't have a clue what proper cheese and ingredients should be.

Pizza Company appeals to a certain demographic. I doubt if they have anything imported from Italy in their repertoire.

Seriously now, stop joking around.

The information is out there but you don't seem to be interested in facts.  There was a story in the BKK post one time talking about the origins of the company.  Importing the ingredients was one of the strategies that has been credited with their success.  They are an international company now with franchises in Jordan, the UAE, Saudia Arabia, Laos China and Bahrain, Myanmar and Cambodia, so they have a lot of buying power.

You want to believe that anything that is a franchise makes shit pizza because that tends to be true in countries where proper ingredients are easier to come by at good prices. So you are not interested in the truth.

In Thailand, if you want good (and affordable) pizza you gotta go to these franchises.  If you don't mind paying more and like italian style, go to a good italian restaurant.  Those are you only two options in Thailand for consistently good pizza.  

Edited by lapd
  • Haha 1

i am looking forward to eating some more of that Bronx pizza on my trip to Fun Town, also hoping to try out some of the Italian Pizza spots as well.  I love it all.  A deep dish Chicago style would be great have not seen any of that around yet, hopefully someone has it on offer.  

3 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

i am looking forward to eating some more of that Bronx pizza on my trip to Fun Town, also hoping to try out some of the Italian Pizza spots as well.  I love it all.  A deep dish Chicago style would be great have not seen any of that around yet, hopefully someone has it on offer.  

Not sure if that fits your bill

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, balo said:

My recommendations for the best Italian pizza in town is Grotteria Pizzeria a , only 200 meters from the roundabout North Pattaya/Naklua.    Owned by an Italian who is also the working boss. 

Their pizzas and pasta dishes are to die for. They also rank high on Tripadvisor.  

grottino-pizzaria-naklua-pattaya-2.jpg

I think I have eaten there before.  From what I remember the pizza was good. I think my friend had Lasagna and also thought it was pretty good.  I think it's called Grottino Pizzeria and Osteria.  There is also Pizza Big just a few doors down which used to be good.  Haven't been there in awhile though.

Edited by lapd

Bronx pizza is by far the best american type of pizza in Pattaya, end of discussion.

If you want the italian style, napolitan type pizza there is no such thing that I know in pattaya (they are not the best). But Peppina in bangkok have really the best napolitan style of pizza... in Thailand. It's the only pizza restaurant where I can eat two full pizza, it's so tasty. And all the ingredient are imported directly from Italy

I find this pic on google from peppina:

50ba9425e5a5db3a891732912fbc3e39.jpg

Edited by maxipeon

Bronx pizza is by far the best american type of pizza in Pattaya, end of discussion.

If you want the italian style, napolitan type pizza there is no such thing that I know in pattaya (they are not the best). But Peppina in bangkok have really the best napolitan style of pizza... in Thailand. It's the only pizza restaurant where I can eat two full pizza, it's so tasty. And all the ingredient are imported directly from Italy

I find this pic on google from peppina:
50ba9425e5a5db3a891732912fbc3e39.jpg&key=d796c761e07a6619208f3894e35b4e18a165b0424ed68fd0c27ad4b113daac80

Have you tried the Neopolitan pizza at Pizza Art Jomtien?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, lapd said:

There is also Pizza Big just a few doors down which used to be good.  Haven't been there in awhile though.

I went there twice and never again . The pizza tasted weird, some sort of butter they added that was just wrong. So many other options in Naklua , Pizza Big  only sell because of the location , not for having the best pizza.

• Like 2

Hey there, you haven't had "real" pizza unless ... ?

https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/8xbk5x/how-to-deal-with-the-foodie-<deleted>-trying-to-ruin-your-meal

How to Deal with the Foodie <deleted> Trying to Ruin Your Meal

What to do when a snobby dining companion drops the dreaded "You haven't had real pizza unless..." bomb.

As soon as you're told the food isn't real, react as if you've never heard it before. Spit out the pizza in horror and slap it out of your friends' hands to save them from eating it. “This isn't real pizza!” you could yell. “Everybody run!” 

Pizza Pizza in The Avenue, which has had several bargain offers over the past few years, has now changed hands or at least changed name. Now called Sergio's, it has been refitted and generally cleaned up.

The 79B Margherita offer is gone but has been replaced by a 300B (net) pizza + salad + beer/wine offer. I dont know if the pizza tastes the same as before.

• Like 1

Pizza Pizza in The Avenue, which has had several bargain offers over the past few years, has now changed hands or at least changed name. Now called Sergio's, it has been refitted and generally cleaned up.
The 79B Margherita offer is gone but has been replaced by a 300B (net) pizza + salad + beer/wine offer. I dont know if the pizza tastes the same as before.
Pizza Pizza is a chain , I wonder if they also changed their name in Bangkok or they just moved out for good?

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried Bronx pizza.  They must be paying guys to post positive reviews here.  Or maybe they are just too drunk to tell the difference.  It's most definitely NOT the best pizza in Pattaya.  Not for NY style and not for pizza in general.  I am not really sure about the sauce.  Tastes like it might be from a can, but at least it has actual tomato flavor which is better than a lot of other places.  So I will say ok sauce.  I think the cheese is good with flavor but hard to tell because they hardly put any on there.  So almost no flavor because almost no cheese.  Same with the toppings.  Very sparse.  Crust is good but that's not hard to find in Thailand.  So I only give it 2 out of 5 stars due to lack of cheese and lack of toppings and not that cheap considering the lack of those things.

I think it was 70baht for an average sized slice or 125baht for two.  Not such a great price considering they skimp on the cheese and toppings.  You are basically buying dough and sauce.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lapd said:

So I tried Bronx pizza.  They must be paying guys to post positive reviews here.  Or maybe they are just too drunk to tell the difference.  It's most definitely NOT the best pizza in Pattaya.  Not for NY style and not for pizza in general.  I am not really sure about the sauce.  Tastes like it might be from a can, but at least it has actual tomato flavor which is better than a lot of other places.  So I will say ok sauce.  I think the cheese is good with flavor but hard to tell because they hardly put any on there.  So almost no flavor because almost no cheese.  Same with the toppings.  Very sparse.  Crust is good but that's not hard to find in Thailand.  So I only give it 2 out of 5 stars due to lack of cheese and lack of toppings and not that cheap considering the lack of those things.

I think it was 70baht for an average sized slice or 125baht for two.  Not such a great price considering they skimp on the cheese and toppings.  You are basically buying dough and sauce.

Shame about that. Maybe skimping in low season.

Actually is not unusual to use tinned San Marzano tomatoes to create a sauce.

But in the end, the product needs to be delicious regardless.