Which Province Offers The Best Lifestyle?

AdamTheFarang

Get out and explore, it’s the only true way of finding out what suits you. Everyone will have their own preferences according to where they live or go. Go see it yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

Khan Hoa Province Vietnam Coast..............you lived in South Thailand, they can't compete with Vietnam Beaches, 1900 miles of Coast to explore.............I spend a lot of time in Nha Trang and Tuy Hoa.

• Like 1

I think Hua Hin, Cha-am, Rayong, and all of the islands for your numbers 1-7.

I don't know about the copper internet.

Number 9 in my opinion is to choose another country. 

Thailand is highly littered and rubbished.

Number 10 is anywhere in Thailand. Thai women prefer Farangs.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 6:29 PM, AlexRRR said:

I once stumble across a beach in Chain Rai, i knew it was a beach because the sign said so...though dout you could scuba dive there with any success....

Learn how to spell it is Chiang Rai. And dout is  ..doubt. hahahah

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, TunnelRat69 said:

Khan Hoa Province Vietnam Coast..............you lived in South Thailand, they can't compete with Vietnam Beaches, 1900 miles of Coast to explore.............I spend a lot of time in Nha Trang and Tuy Hoa.

How do the people compare to Thais?

Cha Am is too hot,  krabi s too wet,  Phuket too expensive,  Pattaya beaches no good, chumpon is dirt and always wet.  Any smaller place and you won't get the facilities you want.  Ao Nang is wonderful if you can put with six months rain

• Thanks 1

Not in Thailand I would say, especially for points you indicated in 1,5,7 and 9. 10 May also not be so easy but not unattainable especially if you are looking for a half Chinese, white, university educated, ex miss universe contestant with a multi (dollar) millionaire family which many posters on TVF can already claim as their wife. In regards to province you can forget about @ what? 80 % of Thailand who's coastline is only around 3200 km, so start with 2 hours south of Bangkok and work from there.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Cha Am is too hot,  krabi s too wet,  Phuket too expensive,  Pattaya beaches no good, chumpon is dirt and always wet.  Any smaller place and you won't get the facilities you want.  Ao Nang is wonderful if you can put with six months rain

Post of the?.?  Week? Month? Year?

13 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

How do the people compare to Thais?

• Hard to explain directly - I can only give you an example:  Do you know how Thai Girls will look down at the ground and walk faster when you stop & ask a question on the street, or just say hello to them???   Vietnamese girls will do just the opposite, stop, try to speak engwish with you, give directions or find what you want on their phone, go for a coffee if asked and they are not busy.
  • I have been going to Vietnam since 1999 and fins they (the Southerners) love Americans and Europeans (but not Germans, or Russians, the East Germans ripped them off terribly after the war) I am talking normal people here, not the Vietnamese govt or Businesses.
  • Vietnamese are very hard core, work their fingers to the bone for damned near nothing, and will be happy about it.  But, they an b dangerous as well, don;t think you can take advantage of them, you will wind up as fish food.      There ya have it, Toi Yeu Vietnam........and Muang Thai.
Edited by TunnelRat69
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:
  • Hard to explain directly - I can only give you an example:  Do you know how Thai Girls will look down at the ground and walk faster when you stop & ask a question on the street, or just say hello to them???   Vietnamese girls will do just the opposite, stop, try to speak engwish with you, give directions or find what you want on their phone, go for a coffee if asked and they are not busy.
  • I have been going to Vietnam since 1999 and fins they (the Southerners) love Americans and Europeans (but not Germans, or Russians, the East Germans ripped them off terribly after the war) I am talking normal people here, not the Vietnamese govt or Businesses.
  • Vietnamese are very hard core, work their fingers to the bone for damned near nothing, and will be happy about it.  But, they an b dangerous as well, don;t think you can take advantage of them, you will wind up as fish food.      There ya have it, Toi Yeu Vietnam........and Muang Thai.

Thank you interesting how does the cost of living compare?

5 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Vietnam is one third the cost of living compared to Thailand  -  except now in the Housing market, it has sky rocketed in the major cities, and some what in the rural areas. Just like Thailand did in the Eighties, you see what happened to Thailand??  eventually it wll happen to Vietnam  -  Rents are very cheap, but the quality is not as good as Tailand - Yet.   Join Expat.com  Vietnam section, there are some lively discussions there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Vietnam is more expensive than Thailand and the food in Thailand is much better. There are a lot of reasons why so many people stay in Thailand and not Vietnam ?

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Vietnam is more expensive than Thailand and the food in Thailand is much better. There are a lot of reasons why so many people stay in Thailand and not Vietnam ?

Can you please expand on lots? To me the fact the Vietnamese eat dogs puts me off.

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Hate to tell you the truth, but they'll check your bank account, not your passport.

Yes some like in every country but not all. These mosquito mentality ladies will be the same if they are evaluating Thai men. Europe, USA has their version also.

Edited by AdamTheFarang

14 minutes ago, AdamTheFarang said:

Can you please expand on lots? To me the fact the Vietnamese eat dogs puts me off. 

As said already, Vietnam is more expensive (rooms, food...)

Thai food is just way better than Vietnamese food (of course another person might have a different opinion regarding the food, but Vietnam food is just "boring", so most people would prefer Thai food).

The Infrastructure is much less developed than Thailand (Hospitals, shopping centers, public transport...)

A lot of thefts in Vietnam, in the night you have to lock your motorbike inside or it will get stolen, a lot more bag snatches and so on

Sleeping with a Vietnamese woman is illegal if you are not married, usually no problem, but if somebody wants to blackmail you it might become one

These are just a few points that came into my mind, probably there are more than that. I had a Vietnamese girlfriend a while ago and have been there quite a few times.

Of course Vietnam does also have nice things, i really don't want you to get the impression that everything is bad. But if somebody wants to choose between living in Thailand or living in Vietnam in my opinion Thailand clearly wins.

a fine list.  My hope was to be near the ocean so I could go swimming in it.  But frankly I could get by with a decent pool(s) available.  Pattaya always appealed to me just because of the variety of things to do, although the small city laid back nature of Pattaya has almost all but disappeared.   I still may make it my "headquarters" and just plan to go visit other areas every other month for a few weeks as desired. Pattaya and the baht bus system to me was fantastic.  Hop on and hop off and easy to get around town and get just about anywhere one needed.  I enjoyed Ko Samet because it was quiet and the beaches were nice.  I have enjoyed Krabi/Ao Nang.  Ao Nang was just beautiful with the limestone cliffs, tropical forest and sea all in the same field of view.  Karon beach on Phuket was great and I really enjoyed swimming in the ocean and then being able to turn around and see the big white buddha up on the hill top.  Quite surrealistic and reminds one they really are in a foreign place. Some of the areas up along the peninsula north of Phuket seem worth a look and have a combination of sea and not too big city mess that I enjoy.  Bangkok has appeal but so many pros and also cons that I doubt I would pick that for long term.   Just too much city for me.  Certainly would visit and stay there for a few weeks here and there as there is lots to see and do there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

a fine list.  My hope was to be near the ocean so I could go swimming in it.  But frankly I could get by with a decent pool(s) available.  Pattaya always appealed to me just because of the variety of things to do, although the small city laid back nature of Pattaya has almost all but disappeared.   I still may make it my "headquarters" and just plan to go visit other areas every other month for a few weeks as desired. Pattaya and the baht bus system to me was fantastic.  Hop on and hop off and easy to get around town and get just about anywhere one needed.  I enjoyed Ko Samet because it was quiet and the beaches were nice.  I have enjoyed Krabi/Ao Nang.  Ao Nang was just beautiful with the limestone cliffs, tropical forest and sea all in the same field of view.  Karon beach on Phuket was great and I really enjoyed swimming in the ocean and then being able to turn around and see the big white buddha up on the hill top.  Quite surrealistic and reminds one they really are in a foreign place. Some of the areas up along the peninsula north of Phuket seem worth a look and have a combination of sea and not too big city mess that I enjoy.  Bangkok has appeal but so many pros and also cons that I doubt I would pick that for long term.   Just too much city for me.  Certainly would visit and stay there for a few weeks here and there as there is lots to see and do there.

Take a motorbike and head south of pattaya on HWY 3 stopping till you find a suitable place. Give Ban Chang a look see.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Like 1