Retirement extension Jomtien

Middle of the week are good days, not usually many people.

I'm sure 'proof of pension' letter is valid for 3 months although some immigration staff make up their own rules.

I hate to brag, but I beat that hands down this morning. In at 10.07 am and out in 7 minutes later, despite the fact that I had to fill in two new forms ( "The Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand", and the new version of "The Acknowledgement of Penalties for a Visa Overstay").

I think that Jomtien really got their act together. Staff are friendly and super-efficient!

5 minutes ago, buffallobill said:

I  just did mine,  I would think the whole time I spent in immigration,, was 30 minutes,  that includes picking up passport,  and getting re entry stamp,  it's such a straightforward process,  I am surprised people pay an office to do it. 

I've been paying an agent to do mine for several years now, that was because I was constantly hearing horror stories of people getting stuffed about and getting fined for failing to notify and receiving rude, unfriendly service. But reading this thread here obviously the situation has improved greatly, so next year I'll give it a crack myself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chassa said:

I'm sure 'proof of pension' letter is valid for 3 months

Technically it should be up to 6 months, although as you say, at some offices it may be different.

I've used embassy affidavits more than 3 months at Jomtien.

Some newbie Brit posted that he was told only one month and that he had to have the signature on his proof of address certified ... both claims obviously a misunderstanding on his part.

The following comment by him was obviously incorrect.

The income letter must be less that a month old,

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, buffallobill said:

I  just did mine,  I would think the whole time I spent in immigration,, was 30 minutes,  that includes picking up passport,  and getting re entry stamp,  it's such a straightforward process,  I am surprised people pay an office to do it. 

People pay for it because they can. I don't because I can't. It's like cutting the grass yourself, or paying someone to do it, a matter of choice and finances.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Technically it should be up to 6 months, although as you say, at some offices it may be different.

I've used embassy affidavits more than 3 months at Jomtien.

Some newbie Brit posted that he was told only one month and that he had to have the signature on his proof of address certified ... both claims obviously a misunderstanding on his part.

The following comment by him was obviously incorrect.

Agreed. All ten of my previous embassy letters have been over a month old with no problems.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IssanMichael said:

I think i can go one better! Went to immigration in Nakhon Phanom to do mine, and the road outside was closed off for an annual market, my problem is i have a lung disease and walking is a nightmare, but had to park 1000yds away. I was very out of breath and the Lady office noticed and spoke with the wife who explained. I got visa soeted and as i was leaving the officer took my arm led me to a Police car and drove me back to my car, saying we have to look after our friends. Now how nice was that?

I'd stay in Nakhon Phanom forever, and I'd make sure the lady officer did as well! Well done, mate!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jesimps said:

People pay for it because they can. I don't because I can't. It's like cutting the grass yourself, or paying someone to do it, a matter of choice and finances.

I  can afford to pay,  just feel 13000 bht is a waste of money,  I am retired so have plenty of spare time ?

• 3 weeks later...